What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Warriors.... robbed

Meth

Staff member
What the f**k was the ref looking at?

Not sure. I guess it’s my understanding that the touch judge would be looking at the pass. But as it gets closer to the touch line, it’s a fair point that he would also need to look at the touch line. Then again, the video ref can rule on the touch line and can’t on forward passes- so it’d make sense for the touch judge to keep his eyes on the passes- in the case, he was in the best possible position to spot the forward pass.

carcharias

Immortal
Warriors could have easily been penalised leading up to the forward pass anyway.
Fifita is not allowed to play the ball while some bloke is all over him.
Probably the dope who was trying to steal the ball in every tackle.
Have a look at it.

Also the touchies view was probably blocked by Lee anyway.
BC448A18-8A04-435F-B422-2AA98A7CE978.jpeg

Meth

Staff member
Warriors could have easily been penalised leading up to the forward pass anyway.
Have a look at it.
View attachment 21211

The whole scene was a shitshow. But we were penalised twice as often as the Sharks and I'm not sure we were half as disciplined. There were a bunch of times I thought the Sharks could have been penalised in the ruck and weren't and a bunch of times we got penalised in the ruck when there wasn't much going on...so I don't think there's much for you to complain about there.

myrrh ken

First Grade
Have a look at it.

Also the touchies view was probably blocked by Lee anyway.
View attachment 21211

Because of fast eddie's long reach his feet and body were behind loots. That mightve fooled the refs.

carcharias

Immortal
The whole scene was a shitshow. But we were penalised twice as often as the Sharks and I'm not sure we were half as disciplined. There were a bunch of times I thought the Sharks could have been penalised in the ruck and weren't and a bunch of times we got penalised in the ruck when there wasn't much going on...so I don't think there's much for you to complain about there.

You got a penalty right in front for a dubious offside.

Plus that cracking tackle tuia v sheck did on Ramien the entire warriors side was in front of the ref who was standing on the try line.
Should’ve been another penalty to the sharks.

It goes both ways

Meth

Staff member
You got a penalty right in front for a dubious offside.

Plus that cracking tackle tuia v sheck did on Ramien the entire warriors side was in front of the ref who was standing on the try line.

It goes both ways

It does.

It just went your way twice as much.

carcharias

Immortal
You might ask why wasn’t the Warriors winger in a better position too.

Eddie is well behind the bloke who passed it to him at the point of catching it.
Easily mistaken for a good ball if you were behind Eddie like the ref clearly is.

Meth

Staff member

I just reviewed this. Happy for others to weigh in, but from the vision that's there I think this is clutching at straws. The ref wasn't dead on the try line and I don't see the Warriors off it.

The one you referred to before (Tohu Harris on Fifita) is arguably a penalty, but I don't think there is a penalty here tbh

carcharias

Immortal
I just reviewed this. Happy for others to weigh in, but from the vision that's there I think this is clutching at straws. The ref wasn't dead on the try line and I don't see the Warriors off it.

The one you referred to before (Tohu Harris on Fifita) is arguably a penalty, but I don't think there is a penalty here tbh

Mate that is called offside.
Segeyaro is picking up the ball.

73D1E210-9237-487B-9D2D-9CD1F4902103.jpeg

Meth

Staff member
I've watched it a couple of times now and I think the stills make it look worse than it does in real time. I'm happy for others to disagree and tell me I'm wrong.

Like I said, Harris could have been penalised for his work on Fifita in the final seconds.

carcharias

Immortal
Where did you get this frame? I couldn't get a shot like this on NRL Highlights?

NRL highlights
The dude in front of the refs face is way offside.
Penalty to sharks .
That in my opinion is way more obvious than the pass to lee.

Latest posts