What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Warriors set to return to Mt Smart.

Blair

Coach
I'd say most clubs have vaccines lined up for players post season. Not sure how NZ players get theirs in Aussie without a Medicare card? Or if NZ keeping any vaccines for them.
Living in Australia I'm sure our boys would have Medicare Cards?

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
I'd say most clubs have vaccines lined up for players post season. Not sure how NZ players get theirs in Aussie without a Medicare card? Or if NZ keeping any vaccines for them.
But even in a largely vaccinated society, it's still an issue with contracting and spreading is not?

jaseg

Juniors

Not sure about Medicare eligibility specifically, but generally speaking if someone doesn't have Medicare they can get an IHI (individual healthcare identifier) which would do the trick for vaccination purposes.

But even in a largely vaccinated society, it's still an issue with contracting and spreading is not?
Correct, Covid will still be around for a while unless we get well over 90% vaccination and vaccine remains effective against variants. In the simplest term Vaccines just warn the body what it looks like and gives it a good attack force against it when it sees it, so hopefully you are asymptomatic (unlikely to spread with good hygiene) or you don't get as sick or die.

We have lived with influenza before and accepted deaths. Covids initial 4% death rate was a concern for health systems being over run. No deaths from covid in those vaccinated from my understanding (there will be someone at some stage Im sure).

Goalposts keep changing more than NRL rules, from flattening the curve, elimination, vaccination not a race, it's a race, international bubbles open/closed. So expect the unexpected when politics involved.

Matua

Bench
They would qualify for sure.
Handy thing to have with a lot more medications funded vs NZ.
I think the eligibility kicks in after 6 months, but I assume they would all have had private insurance for proper medical stuff due to their job.

Annoyingly for me two of the medications I have aren't funded in Oz but are in NZ, which normally doesn't matter as I go over at least twice a year in non Covid times.

I think the eligibility kicks in after 6 months, but I assume they would all have had private insurance for proper medical stuff due to their job.

Annoyingly for me two of the medications I have aren't funded in Oz but are in NZ, which normally doesn't matter as I go over at least twice a year in non Covid times.
Wow, that's amazing for NZ to fund it but not Aussie, PHARMAC is very good at keeping drug prices down in NZ and proof to get funding due to being better than anything currently listed is difficult vs what I have seen in Aussie. But that was over 15 years ago now. A basic example was Crestor when it came out, list in Aussie, private in NZ. Cheeky part was it cost significanlty less in NZ at the time to purchase wholesale as well.

Yeah after 6 months you can apply for one, there is also the reciprocal health agreement. Just show you NZ passport at Dr or Hospital.

Also might be the opportunity to do a telehealth consult with your doctor back in NZ, have script sent to pharmacy there, call them and organise it to be posted over?

Last edited:

nswarrior

Juniors
We will be playing in NZ next year IMHO, there is already talk in Australia to open up from Jan 2022.
UK is going to normal from 19 July, US probably already has and others will follow in the next few months.

We need to give everyone an opportunity to vaccinate (atleast 10% won’t out of personal choice) BUT at some point we will need to live with Covid globally, it’s not going away

Matua

Bench
Wow, that's amazing for NZ to fund it but not Aussie, PHARMAC is very good at keeping drug prices down in NZ and proof to get funding due to being better than anything currently listed is difficult vs what I have seen in Aussie. But that was over 15 years ago now. A basic example was Crestor when it came out, list in Aussie, private in NZ. Cheeky part was it cost significanlty less in NZ at the time to purchase wholesale as well.

Yeah after 6 months you can apply for one, there is also the reciprocal health agreement. Just show you NZ passport at Dr or Hospital.

Also might be the opportunity to do a telehealth consult with your doctor back in NZ, have script sent to pharmacy there, call them and organise it to be posted over?
Yeah, when I first arrived in Oz I was shocked at how expensive prescriptions were, but then I realised there is price competition and I was going to a particularly expensive pharmacy. Still more expensive for my basic prescriptions over here but the gap certainly shrunk once I found a cheaper pharmacy.

The unfunded ones are both rosacea creams.

I had flights booked that 100% coincided with the lockdown so I'm still good for now, so I'll just head over when the bubble reopens again (if ...)

spear tackle

Juniors
The vaccine roll out is happening but it is rather slow, got my invite and booking number via email yesterday and again this morning so things are moving along.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
i thought all NZers were immediately Medicare eligible on arrival in australia under the subclass 444 special category visa we get issued automatically on arrival? But even with a six month wait the Warriors players would qualify by Q4 or thereabouts, which is probably as early as anyone else in their age bracket will get them without special treatment.

Benek

Juniors
If the Warriors even get to play at home next year, will there be any fans left to watch it? Even the diehards are losing faith. The Warriors might just slowly die out into obscurity.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Was interesting to hear that the club is looking to buy 4-5 extra home games in NZ next year to make up for the number we’ve lost over the last two seasons. While I agree we should be getting those games back I don’t see why we should have to buy them back. The NRL should pick up the tab for that as payment for us keeping the comp intact for two years