What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Warriors team to face Los Eagles YEAH!!!!

NZ Warrior

First Grade
I wouldn't be too quick to drop Toopi. I do think he got sucked in by Tezza Hill. But Toops showed some good signs and he looked very dangerous when hitting the ball at pace.

But hey guys, first game of the season. All this talk that we were going to dick Manly was premature.

Apart from the fact that we lost and the sloppy ball control from both sides, I really enjoyed the game. It had great intensity. And I'm glad I didn't have $10K on the match :lol:

NZ Warrior

First Grade
Bad Luck for the Warriors. 1st game of the season and both sides had the handling jitters. But this could have been R21 and I still think you would have had that same problem. Such was the intensity of the game, it was a rocket-buster. Every time a player got the ball, they knew there was a good chance of getting the smackdown laid on them.

But Manly brought the kicking game, Getting 2 40/20's and generally finding good space with their kicks seemed to prove the difference.

What of the Warriors new boys. Price and Wiki brought real strength to the forwards and that has had a positive effect on Villasanti & Paeleasina. Price came in for extra attention and why wouldn't he. For mine, the Warriors forwards were very damaging and the Manly side were pretty much owned by the Warriors. Koopu had a hell of a game, that is why he has a starting jersey.

Jones, Hohaia & Fien were dangerous. But they still have to get it together. The Warriors have options for playmaking now and the trio seemed to be confused at times on what was going on. That'll take a few games to put right.

As for the backs, still a bit messy. Meli needs to work on his coverage and positioning, especially for 40/20 kicks. Byrne was quiet and didn't get involved too much. Toopi was pretty much owned by the great Tezza Hill (apart from Toopi's try). Toopi needs to work on his combo with Meli or those 2 just aren't going to work, do they need Faumuina? I still wouldn't drop Toopi though. Let's see what he's like without a monkey called Terry Hill on his back. Good stuff from Tony Martin, for all you guys shitting on him, this is the start of things to come. He went very well on D and read the play well.

There is going to be disappointment from that loss. The Warriors probably should have won it. But people shouldn't have been expecting a cake walk from this one. It was a very good game and it had gauge-breaking intensity. Chin up guys, if the boys put glue on their hands and we bring our kicking game, we'll win a lot of games this year. :lol:

NZ Warrior

First Grade
Ref's Report:
I hate doing this but I have to say something. The slow down on some of the PTB's were just ridiculous. And thank you Mr Bean for making the Warriors defend a set of six on their line AND THEN putting Hill on report for a high tackle. Great work there by the video ref, and what the f**k was the touchie doing on that side??? They couldn't have been much closer to him.

I'll stop there. Good win Manly, to get owned like that and still win. Mind you, I think you are already in overdraft with your "Luck" account. Oh by the way, The Warriors officially own Brent Kite. :lol:

Martli

Coach
I sure as hell wasn't expecting things to change so quickly, but I was impressed with the fitness aspect. Also agree on Tony Martin, the guy played well.

Iafeta

Referee
Hohaia and Jones offered nothing. Nothing. Nothing in their kicking games, Jones never took the line on, errr, it was like 2004 all over again. Again the only one who did something constructive was Ropati, easy play, run to the line, show the ball, when they come in put the straight runner through the gap. Simple.

Fein worked his backside off. At times he was pushing Jones out of first receiver I'd suspect because he was frustrated at just how little ownership Stacey was taking on changing the game. The kicking got better when Fein kicked Jones out of there.

I suspect if this is Terry Hill's go he'll be sent off once this year. His timing was way off with his tackles. Monty I think was complaining of a dropped elbow too.

Toopi needs to address his discipline, and butter fingers. He let his team-mates and fans down seriously badly again today. Meli needs to watch the ball, rather than Hoppa. Byrne looked average. Martin tried hard. Webb was good.

Seriously, Price and Wiki combined brought in 335 metres, and Jones couldn't take advantage of that? You're kidding me.

As far as Hampstead goes, debatable performance at best. Allowed both sides to slow the ruck down too much. Kennedy and Hill were taking advantage of Hampstead's inability to make a ruling.

LeagueNut

First Grade
Iafeta said:
As far as Hampstead goes, debatable performance at best. Allowed both sides to slow the ruck down too much.
Was this slow-down in the rucks due to the NRL's new rule on submitting in tackles? If so, I'd be worried that the pendulum has swung too far the other way. It slowed the game up far too much I reckon.

Harold Bishop

Juniors
hitman82 said:
Oh by the way, The Warriors officially own Brent Kite.

Haha, that is so true! He looked like he wanted to leave at times.
He got crunched time and time again.
Lol at the warriors getting smashed everywhere, at least 4 players having gashes on their heads, Price with that "damn i should have stayed with the Dog's, i dont have SBW and Mason to protect me" face on when tezze smacked him.
Oh and BTW i guess we officially "own" Fien?
0,,4192884,00.jpeg

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Iafeta

Referee
Harold Bishop said:
hitman82 said:
Oh by the way, The Warriors officially own Brent Kite.

Haha, that is so true! He looked like he wanted to leave at times.
He got crunched time and time again.
Lol at the warriors getting smashed everywhere, at least 4 players having gashes on their heads, Price with that "damn i should have stayed with the Dog's, i dont have SBW and Mason to protect me" face on when tezze smacked him.
Oh and BTW i guess we officially "own" Fien?
0,,4192884,00.jpeg

:lol: :lol: :lol:

The only time Price looked in trouble was when someone flew in with an elbow shot. I suspect time out for that player.

Iafeta

Referee
ThrashViking said:
How exactly did the Sea Eagles own Fien? Because he got a cut? :?

I wouldn't have the foggiest? :roll:

I think it must make them feel like men to behave cowardly - Terry Hill hit how many high tackles? That elbow to the head of Price was disgraceful.

But if it causes blood, I guess that means they own us :oops:

Harold Bishop

Juniors
Price looked scared, he was running half arsed.
Im just stirring you guys up about Fien, its a bit stupid when you say you "Owned" someone, Kite got upended once and you guys are acting like he is considering retirement.

ThrashViking

Juniors
27 Tackles, 19 hits ups for 151 metres - Thats not my idea of a player holding back from his best.
Kite was quiet, I didnt really notice him playing.

Iafeta

Referee
150 odd metres Harold. Price put his hand up time and time and time again.

As TV said, I hardly even noticed Brent Kite.

NZ Warrior

First Grade
Harold Bishop said:
Price looked scared, he was running half arsed.
Im just stirring you guys up about Fien, its a bit stupid when you say you "Owned" someone, Kite got upended once and you guys are acting like he is considering retirement.

:lol: Up-ended once. Watch the tape again nimrod, kite didn't do shit because he couldn't do shit. He was OWNED!!!!

Phillips

Referee
Tony Martin ](*,)

Warriors need to buy high quality centre to partner Toopi...

or at least give Ropati the #3 jersey [-o<

NZ Warrior

First Grade
Are you getting Toopi and Martin mixed up???

Toopi was the one who had "Ownership of Terry Hill" around his neck.

JoeD

First Grade
One thing I did like was the lack of stupid penalties the warriors seemed to give away last year

Umm . . . Clinton Toopi? Although in his defence was I dreamimg it or jus tbefore the punch up did Hill rake his face and eyes in the tackle?
Whatever I can't see him playing next week.

Was Monty playing? If he was I hope he was doing a lot of tackling.

WhyTF did Paleasina only play 10 minutes? When he was on he was damaging and enthusiastic. All well and good being fit but whats the point if you are only using a 2 man bench?

All I can say is well done Manly, you played to your strengths, got the rub of the green and came away with a good win.

Back to the drawing board for the warriors.

Latest posts