What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Warriors to Sign Sam Tomkins

redbur95

Juniors
Wow, didn't see this coming.

http://www.sportal.com.au/league-news-display/the-lurkernrl-rumour-filewednesday-230846

The New Zealand Warriors are set to pull off a remarkable coup by signing the glamour boy of English football, Sam Tomkins, by using a tactic made popular in Britain's premier league soccer.
The Kiwi club is poised to break new ground by agreeing to a player swap deal that will see fullback Tomkins - rated as the Billy Slater of British league - playing in New Zealand in 2014.
Remarkably, the Warriors are set to give Wigan THREE players for Tomkins, such is the high regard they hold for the Wigan star.
Which three players will they send to Wigan? Time will tell…

LeagueNut

First Grade
Why do I keep thinking Sam Tomkins is a hulking prop forward?? Was there another Tomkins that I'm getting confused with?

Rich102

Staff member
Think I'll file this with the "Warriors to sign Craig Bellamy" article.

vvvrulz

Coach
That is really random if that's true, giving up three players for an ESL fullback?

It depends on who the three players are, but its still madness.
We all know how well ESL players go down here.

Think I'll file this with the "Warriors to sign Craig Bellamy" article.

Thats what i think just googled him and i think there is no way we will get him contracted till 2016 to Wigan and if he was to leave he will follow his brother to union. I checked him out on youtube and he has good highlights but so does half our team Locke and Johnson Hurrell all look like world beaters but we still arent winning games. Also he is supposed to be crap under the bomb so there is no way he will be fullback he will play 6 if we get him which i highly doubt

shiznit

Coach
I never really got the swap players thing. How do u make them go?
you usually put up players who's career will advance by going or will have an increase in pay.

so young players... or decent players who either cant crack first grade because of someone better in front of them... or top players who maybe have been at a club too long and would benefit a change of clubs.

at the end of the day the deal has to appeal to both parties.

Diesel

Coach
We'll see where this goes, I know it's a rumours article but with no quotes, it doesn't mean too much.

Hopefully it's true

Fast Eddie

First Grade
That is really random if that's true, giving up three players for an ESL fullback?

It depends on who the three players are, but its still madness.
We all know how well ESL players go down here.

Obviously never seen the bloke play. And yeah every other current English international that has come down int he last 5 years has been rubbish. If you didn't know he's not just some ESL player, he's one of the best players in the world.

Meth

Staff member
Which 3 players would you send? (Assuming they're taking first graders...and that they won't take Ropati)

I'd send Tupou, Fisiiahi and Steve Rapira