What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Was it a try?

Are you talking about Wade Grahams knock on when he went to ground the ball ?

He really knows how to butcher a try...

innsaneink

Referee
No try if its McRone/ Robinson.
Try if its Wallace/ Whatsisname
No try if its Walsh-Coont
Try if its Thursty Bowen
No try for Benji -- Timid

Griffoshark66

First Grade
Are you talking about Wade Grahams knock on when he went to ground the ball ?

He really knows how to butcher a try...

Benefit of the doubt at worst. The dope in the box gave it away when he played it at normal speed at the end - Wade nearly punched it through the earth he had that much 'downward pressure'.

Liddell

Juniors
Are we all talking about the same try? If it's the Wade Graham one, the guy clearly knocked it on...

cleary89

Coach
There was seperation ffs! Eeryong has the shits when he grounds it with his finger nail and they award it, this time he legitimately lost the ball....

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
If we aren't going to view the try attempt in slow motion, why bother having a video ref at all?

It was no try, unless basketball bounce tries are now fair dinkem.

Jobdog

Live Update Team
There was seperation ffs! Eeryong has the shits when he grounds it with his finger nail and they award it, this time he legitimately lost the ball....
Correct. In one of the replays.

In another of the replays there was not.

In normal speed it was a try.

If it looks and quacks like a duck, yeah you know the rest.

Danish

Referee
Correct. In one of the replays.

In another of the replays there was not.

In normal speed it was a try.

If it looks and quacks like a duck, yeah you know the rest.

How many angles does it need to be shown as a clear knock on for you to say "no try"?

There was clear air between his hand and the ball. I don't see what the argument is to make it a try

Lambretta

First Grade
I guess Danish because the separation only occurred in a single frame that was so blurred you couldnt tell if it was daylight or the effect of photography that gave the appearance of separation.

I have a rule where I try and see how I would have felt had my team been denied / awarded a try under the same circumstances.

Had that been the Roosters attempting the try I would have felt hard done by had the red light come up. Ergo, the same must be said for the Sharks.

Yes there was one frame that led to some doubt due to possible separation, but benefit to the attacking team means it should have been a try.

Still, we were denied a perfectly good try off a forward pass and the errors cancelled themselves. Draw was a fair result imo.

Danish

Referee
The one frame didn't lead to doubt. The one frame clearly showed the ball and his hand were separated.

That's not doubt. That's clear proof of a knock on.

If the same call had gone against us I'd be yelling abuse at the moron who couldn't catch a ball, not whining that close enough is good enough

Latest posts