What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Washy Washy

That’s not a washup. Have a go ya mug
3. Val...The fullback was beautifully composed, showed tremendous skill and wonderful courage, in a display which should put his critics in their place.
2. Val showed tremendous speed and elusiveness to run through the Tigers and score under the posts.
1. Gal.. he went ok

Frenzy.

Immortal
3. Val...The fullback was beautifully composed, showed tremendous skill and wonderful courage, in a display which should put his critics in their place.
2. Val showed tremendous speed and elusiveness to run through the Tigers and score under the posts.
1. Gal.. he went ok

Well, except for the out of position soft tackle for the first try

Y’all think I wasn’t watching didn’t ya

wibble

Bench
Pre washup 3,2,1.

3: Gallen
2: Soggy
1: Prior
Well, except for the out of position soft tackle for the first try

Y’all think I wasn’t watching didn’t ya

I agree it was soft and he contributed. Wasn't just him though. And Prior just as much to blame for the next soft one.

Both Prior and Holmes had very good games though, on balance. Moylan had another good game too...

Hard to judge Seggy as he doesn't get enough game time, but the team looks immediately and starkly sharper when he comes on.

The old man was best on field

Frenzy.

Immortal
So, Cleary came with a power game. Basically used The Klingon and Marsters as extra battering rams. It was effective too but for the fact that Prior, Fifita, Gallen and Brailey were able to repel them. That, at the moment, is Brail’s strength. Being a plug. He excels at that and perhaps blunts his attack this year as he needs different fitness.

In fact, Cleary’s plan blunted the Sharks attack. The four mentioned made 161 tackles between them. Close to 100 by halftime.

Dropsy made it worse.

I was never thinking they wouldn’t win though. There was only one thing to really fix, discipline. That’s fixed it was about playing eyes up because there was always going to be holes in the Tigers defence, a yard or two too slow as they used up the edge energy in defence by having The Klingon and Marsters doing the Clydesdale thing.

Only Gallens try wasn’t an eyes up play.

Holmes 7 - ordinary first half. Only 2 runs. Poor defensive effort for their try. 2nd half he owned 3 crucial plays. The cover on the goal post, the try, the try assist.

Lee 7 - did nothing wrong. Did is job well.

Loots 7 - made a lot of the shit metres coming out of the back end.

Ramien 7 - had to contend with T’Kuvma in the second half and didn’t back off. Great strength, skill, desire for that try. Needs a faster PTB. 3 weeks in a row PTB speed over 4 seconds. When he fights in tackles he gets himself awkward and slows the PTB down. Work in progress

Katoa 5 - did he play?

Mythlan 7 - sound all round game with one highlight

Townsend 8 - outplayed Brooks x 3. Despite the hate in the game thread was always doing well. Made 21 tackles, nearly all on T’Kuvma. Took control and directed in half 2. Kicked for over 300 metres. 4/5 gk. In fact he blew holes in nearly every game day thread comment

Fifita 7 - short game for Andrew. 44 mins. Metres down due to that and the fact that the Tigers went out to get him gassed.

Brailey 8 - let’s take it as read he needs to work on attack. He gets 8 for standing up to that barrage of power runs like a rock. Only missed 1 tackle.

Prior 8 - the rock by which the pack is built around. Makes the tackles. Makes the runs. Does the 1%s. Quietly gets under their skin with his sneaky niggles. He’s a proper prop

Lewis 4 - didn’t get into the game obviously

Graham 7 - best game perhaps even though he didn’t star. Just did it all well

Gallen 9 - clearly the best on field. He might be slower and older but you can’t fault his leadership. His try showed the desire is still there.

Williams 6 - tradesmanlike

SoggySao 8 - is starting to really provide impact and x. Played heads up at the ruck. Made the right choices to run and pass. Duplicated Bradley’s work in the guts.

Bukuya 6 - worked hard but didn’t show the Bakuya mojo.

Paulo 5 - hard to shine with only 13 minutes game time.

Frenzy.

Immortal
I agree it was soft and he contributed. Wasn't just him though. And Prior just as much to blame for the next soft one.

Both Prior and Holmes had very good games though, on balance. Moylan had another good game too...

Hard to judge Seggy as he doesn't get enough game time, but the team looks immediately and starkly sharper when he comes on.

The old man was best on field

Prior was lazy on the last try. No doubt. So was Ramien who didn’t come in with Chad. Chad let himself get posted and the whole thing was a clusterphuque.

They could of finished that off multiple ways. Inside or outside

wibble

Bench
Prior was lazy on the last try. No doubt. So was Ramien who didn’t come in with Chad. Chad let himself get posted and the whole thing was a clusterphuque.

They could of finished that off multiple ways. Inside or outside

Pretty fair assessment and wash up, I'd say.

One good thing is that all year our defensive lapses are infrequent. Our main concern is diffusing kicks, but that wasn't an issue today.

I much prefer Moylan doing one flashy thing but having a solid game, than trying too hard and messing up a lot. Today his kick chase was superb. I like these signs of enthusiasm and playing for his team that he has shown this last month; if you didn't see his first few months at the club and just watched his last few weeks you'd say he is one of the best in the team. We just need that all the time from now on.

I agree that Townsend is still criminally under rated. He is not going to make as many line break or try assists as the best half backs, but he controls the game well, and kicks better than most. Including today. And despite two misses in 3 weeks, he is a good defensive half. He does exactly what Flanno and the team want from him.

Mythlan 7 - sound all round game with one highlight

Townsend 8 - outplayed Brooks x 3. Despite the hate in the game thread was always doing well. Made 21 tackles, nearly all on T’Kuvma. Took control and directed in half 2. Kicked for over 300 metres. 4/5 gk. In fact he blew holes in nearly every game day thread comment

halves copping too much of a wrap for mine.
absolutely diabolical game control in the first half.
points largely came from individual efforts.
not creating enough opportunities.
not clicking.
one's carrying the other.

wibble

Bench
halves copping too much of a wrap for mine.
absolutely diabolical game control in the first half.
points largely came from individual efforts.
not creating enough opportunities.
not clicking.
one's carrying the other.

Moylan had a try assist, we got several repeat sets, our halves consistently outkicked and out controlled theirs. Pouring rain and driving wind, and the halves steered the team around just fine.

Your definition of "absolutely diabolical" must be pretty different from mine. Not even Cogger and Watson a fortnight ago were absolutely diabolical in my books.

I'm not sure what you would consider just poor then, let alone average.

How many opportunities would you like them to create to consider them just poor?

Moylan had a try assist, we got several repeat sets, our halves consistently outkicked and out controlled theirs. Pouring rain and driving wind, and the halves steered the team around just fine.

Your definition of "absolutely diabolical" must be pretty different from mine. Not even Cogger and Watson a fortnight ago were absolutely diabolical in my books.

I'm not sure what you would consider just poor then, let alone average.

How many opportunities would you like them to create to consider them just poor?
what did I say?
I said first half.
we were a rabble in the first half.
2pts going into the sheds.
so to answer your question, more than 0.

Latest posts