What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

wattsy needs to play the full 80

Ianc

Juniors
If your suggesting he does so at the expense of Payne, you have no idea.
/end discussion.

elyod138

Bench
I disagree, his service is average at best.

Impact off the bench should be his only role.

AliN

Live Update Team
He made a real difference when he came on. Carved us up quite regularly.
He's a bit like Hohaia was for us off the bench when playing hooker.

Bad luck for last night's game. I honestly expected you guys to smash us after your game against the Roosters.
You let us in with a lot of dropped balls in the first half. Something we desperately needed to build on and finally did.

Not often we win after a bye.
Good luck for the Cowboys too after the week off.

Talanexor

Juniors
I'd like to see Watts get more game time, but at the expense of a forward, not Payne. Payne gets the forwards rolling, while Watts is X-factor.

Given guys like Kaufusi, Manuokafoa and Webb rarely do anything, I can't see why we don't bring one of them off and use Watts and Payne at the same time for periods of the match. Plus he has a handy kicking game.

Who do the Bulldogs take off when Barba goes on?

mikkolos

Juniors
If your suggesting he does so at the expense of Payne, you have no idea.
/end discussion.
I was not.
Merely stating that he needs to be on the field at all times, doesn't really matter where. I know we tried him in the halves at the end of last year and he didn't have the best of times, but if my memory serves me correctly that was with thurston out? Maybe time to give him another go outside thurston. Wouldn't even be opposed to him replacing a forward at the moment. Not playing the same role of course, but half of them do jacksh*t anyway, may as well have someone on who can actually cause some trouble.

Canard

Immortal
His impact seems to be nullified playing him 80mins, he seems to work best as a super-sub, i.e. in short bursts.

He has been good the last 2 weeks now, but I remember from about Rds 1 to 6 we struggled when he came on at hooker.

wavell_cowboy

Juniors
Play him when willie comes off, sounds strange, but willie seems to be doing alot of the forwards work at the moment so you may as well get watts on at the time to try and break the attack up a bit. He wont be scared to push thurston out of the way to get the ball at first reciever.

Canard

Immortal
Play him when willie comes off, sounds strange, but willie seems to be doing alot of the forwards work at the moment so you may as well get watts on at the time to try and break the attack up a bit. He wont be scared to push thurston out of the way to get the ball at first reciever.

Thats pretty much what would be happening now, Willie has been starting and usually getting a break at the 20min mark with Tamou replacing him, thats when Payne tends to come off also (with Watts on for him)