What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wayne Bennett proves his class

The Observer

Staff member
Bennett has been criticised throughout the Tri Series e.g. for his selection of players like Civoniceva and Carroll. Has he been vindicated by the Kangaroos emphatic win? That first half is one of the best produced by any Roos team in years.

I say yes, the supercoach has silenced the critics and has been vindicated.

DIEHARD

----
He is a super coach but he definately made some inappropriate selections.

The victory doesn't absolve him of being guilty of favouritism.

Super coach none the less...

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I agree, he played favourites, and got away with it

That does not make him a supercoach, just an arrogant shit

Razor

Coach
The Observer said:
Bennett has been criticised throughout the Tri Series e.g. for his selection of players like Civoniceva and Carroll. Has he been vindicated by the Kangaroos emphatic win? That first half is one of the best produced by any Roos team in years.

I say yes, the supercoach has silenced the critics and has been vindicated.

Well when Australia was winning big against other countries when Anderson was coach we still had the QLD'ers saying there should have been more QLD'ers in the team

I had to laugh at Tallis saying "Look wait until after the match. If Australia lose criticise him, but if Australia win you can't criticise. We've been through this before when a couple of years ago we only had 5 Broncos in the team" - There was Tallis criticising team selections from a couple of years ago, when he was telling people to stop now. And that team a couple of years ago was the team that set record scores, so according to Tallis, a bit hard to criticise.

Hurriflatch

Referee
Well Chris Anderson won the series in 2003 so I guess he is a better coach then Bennett as Anderson had a lower quality sqaud avaliable.

Broncodroid

Juniors
Hurriflatch said:
Well Chris Anderson won the series in 2003 so I guess he is a better coach then Bennett as Anderson had a lower quality sqaud avaliable.

That's the same mindset from the UK...Andy Farrell won the Golden Boot Award, now he is the best player in the world. We know this ain' true, neither is the above quote.

Let's be serious, Anderson was a great coach, though stack his record up too Bennett's and he falls short considerably.

Hurriflatch

Referee
Broncodroid said:
Hurriflatch said:

That's the same mindset from the UK...Andy Farrell won the Golden Boot Award, now he is the best player in the world. We know this ain' true, neither is the above quote.

Let's be serious, Anderson was a great coach, though stack his record up too Bennett's and he falls short considerably.

I know but I'm just saying that if Bennet's choice of Carroll and Berrigan is vindicated by Australia winning then Anderson is a better coach then Bennett

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Yes, It must be the toughest job on earth coaching the Australian Rugby League Team.

So little talent, they play above thier weight.

Latest posts