What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wayward Pines

mackdadday

Juniors
Absolutely loving this show. Last year we had Fargo and True Detective and Wayward Pines is this years whammy for me. FBI agent wakes up in a small mysterious town and it gets stranger from there. Only 10 episodes to be made and im 6 episodes in and wish i had waited for the season to finish to start watching. Highly recommend it to one and all.

HowHigh

Coach
Yeah I'm enjoying it, definitely one of the better new series going around.

I heard it's based on 3 books and they've put all 3 into the one season so it's fast moving too (I may be wrong about this though lol).

Misanthrope

Staff member
Can't say I enjoy the show as much as I'd hoped. Watched the first episode and then binged all three books in a couple of days.

The deviations from the source material have been unnecessary and, ultimately, for the worse.

Lemon Squash

First Grade
First few episodes were trippy and awesome but I think since 'the big twist' it has lulled, hopefully it picks back up again.

18to87

First Grade
I am enjoying it as well. The story has unfolded pretty rapidly and should be a good finish. Seems pretty popular in the States so wouldn't be surprised if they find a way to bring it back next year.

alien

Referee
sounds like a movie i watched once, where this guy was in on a robbery where someone got shot to death, and he got the death sentence, and got the lethal injection, but it only knocked him out and he was sent to some strange village where he couldn't leave, and couldn't contact his family. they said he was kept alive to have a second chance/ new life. i can't remember the name of the movie though . . .

Lemon Squash

First Grade
sounds like a movie i watched once, where this guy was in on a robbery where someone got shot to death, and he got the death sentence, and got the lethal injection, but it only knocked him out and he was sent to some strange village where he couldn't leave, and couldn't contact his family. they said he was kept alive to have a second chance/ new life. i can't remember the name of the movie though . . .

Purgatory? Had Billy the Kid, Jesse James and other famous outlaws living there as law enforcement...

Similar premise but very different.

alien

Referee
i found the movie i was talking about. here's the trailer

[youtube]9PnR562GsZw[/youtube]

the full movie can be found on youtube

mackdadday

Juniors
8 of the 10 episodes in and watching the last two episodes on Friday. Loving the atmosphere and the speed of developments but can't help but feel if the sheriff said a few careful words in the right ears then all would be well in wayward pines. Seems like it's moving towards an epic finale.

mackdadday

Juniors
Apparently they billed it as a series finale rather than a season finale so probably that's all she wrote. I would, however, like to see those blasted teenagers get their comeuppance :eek:

Season 2 starts in a few weeks. Will be interesting to see the direction they go and if it will be as good as season 1.

Originally they werent going to do a second season but i guess the shows popularity forced their hand.

18to87

First Grade
Season 2 starts in a few weeks. Will be interesting to see the direction they go and if it will be as good as season 1.

Originally they werent going to do a second season but i guess the shows popularity forced their hand.

The trailer looks like season one all over again with a new male lead but (I assume) now with the teens in charge. Hopefully there is a bit more to it.

Lemon Squash

First Grade
Does anyone find the new season anything but utter dross?

It's started the same way season 1 finished, garbage.

Latest posts