What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WC 43rd Match: Bangladesh v Pakistan - London 5/7/19 (Pak won by 94 runs)

TheParraboy

Staff member
730pm Friday

Dead rubber game really unless Pakistan win by a record unrealistic margin.

If they lose the toss and asked to bowl they cannot qualify

To get a better NRR than the kiwis some examples

If Pakistan make 350, they will need to bowl out Bangladesh for 38.
If they score 400 they need to dismiss Bangers for 84

They cannot qualify if they score less than 308

So in a nutshell they will need to win the toss and bat first and post 500 and bowl Bangers our for under 180 to have any slim chance

Last edited:

shiznit

Coach
One positive...

That’s an absolute bowl first pitch... so atleast Pakistan knows that if the Bangas win the toss they will send them in.

There shouldn’t be an automatic knock out scenario at the toss

If the Banga’s win the toss and elect to bat... you know they only did it to automatically knock the pakis out.

TheParraboy

Staff member
Pakistan stuffed up in their two games prior ... v Afghanistan and v kiwis, they limped to chase down small totals with a few balls to spare when they should have been looking to win with 5 or 6 overs to spare , they had ton of wickets left in the kiwi match and just plodded eg Barbar took his time getting a ton off 127 balls

Their NRR was appalling and they needed to bring it back in these games that they were on top of in the very likely chance they end up in the situation they are today

Bazal

Post Whore
They'll give the deck a good clip.

Honestly though, if I was Mortaza and I won the toss, I'd bowl.

Partly because Sarfraz has publicly stated their goal is to go hell for leather and try and get up near the 500 mark, so you can make big inroads with some smart bowling. Genuinely puts all the pressure on Pakistan.

But I gotta say, I'd also hate to be in his position where you have no hope of making the finals yourself and your choice at the toss could knock someone out without a ball being bowled. Even playing club cricket where that sort of thing is basically the reason the game still exists, I couldn't do it.

shiznit

Coach
The pitch won't be that green, it just hasn't been cut yet.
I wouldn’t be so sure...

images

That pitch on the left was the one for NZ v SL... at this World Cup.

That’s not too far off IMO...

Bazal

Post Whore
Do Pakistan realise they need a thousand runs to even get close to the final four?

TheParraboy

Staff member
0/23 - 7 overs

they are just plodding around like its the first game of the tournament lol

f..k this shit, tuning into the roosters v tigers match