What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WCC news

The Great Dane

First Grade
So they're holding the game to ransom for money they were never promised nor owed.

They're real classy act those Panthers...

FpFIm6RaAAAJgz3

The Great Dane

First Grade
They must be taking the piss lol.

Why would the NRL agree to undermine their first event in Vegas by allowing a hurriedly cobbled together match to be played there a week or two beforehand? It'd burn their local partners and promoters, there'd be no time for a local marketing campaign, it's no given that it'd attract a local broadcast partner, it'd almost certainly be played in front of an almost totally empty stadium which'd be a very bad first impression, etc, etc.

It's such a stupid idea that I can't believe that anybody genuinely suggested it, and I hope the NRL laugh in their faces if it's ever genuinely propose it to them.

The WCC has been so devalued that the NRL should just refuse to participate and kill it off once and for all. It's just another good idea in a long line of good ideas that Pommy RL have mismanaged, run into the ground, then blamed the failure on everybody else.

jim_57

Staff member
They must be taking the piss lol.

Why would the NRL agree to undermine their first event in Vegas by allowing a hurriedly cobbled together match to be played there a week or two beforehand? It'd burn their local partners and promoters, there'd be no time for a local marketing campaign, it's no given that it'd attract a local broadcast partner, it'd almost certainly be played in front of an almost totally empty stadium which'd be a very bad first impression, etc, etc.

It's such a stupid idea that I can't believe that anybody genuinely suggested it, and I hope the NRL laugh in their faces if it's ever genuinely propose it to them.

The WCC has been so devalued that the NRL should just refuse to participate and kill it off once and for all. It's just another good idea in a long line of good ideas that Pommy RL have mismanaged, run into the ground, then blamed the failure on everybody else.
My first thought as well, the NRL aren’t going to take any attention away from their latest love child. The only way America could have been an option is if Broncos or Roosters had won and they agreed to play a neutral game on the East Coast the week before. Even that would have been a very long shot and I’d say the NRL would have discouraged it.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Will panthers look for redemption or skulk away after being embarrased by st Helen’s this year?
Wigan next season will arguably be a better team than St’s, probably advisable for panthers to avoid them. Losing two years in a row to SL doesn’t sit with the nrl narrative about being the best in the world lol

Play it in Singapore and chase the corporate dollar, and half way ish between the 2 countries, but slightly nearer here, and lots of ex pats of both countries working in Singapore

Perth Red

Post Whore
With the NRL effectively putting in a bye weekend for rd1/2 for the 4 vegas clubs they could include panthers as well so they can play the WCC in UK and have an extra weeks travel/recovery.