What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

We are ashamed...We are still here

joshreading

Staff member
I am a Melbourne Storm fan, I am gutted, I am ashamed, I am empty, I am furious, I am cut for every innocent player, member and opposition fan that feels ripped off, I am not a bandwagon fan, I am still a fan.

Every person guilty should be fired. We the fans should not be punished which is what is happening with not being able to acrue points.

I don't follow the team simply because they have been good, or because of a jersey but because players no matter where they come from have represented Victoria and Melbourne. They have represented me. I follow Melbourne because players have bled not for money but because of pride.

I follow Melbourne because I love Rugby League and they play a game that has caught me.

Things must change, significant things but this won't.

I am a Melbourne Storm Rugby League Football Club fan!!!

I have not become a member this year because I thought the Interstate Membership was a rip off. I still think that is the case but I will be signing back on later tonight.

Fein

First Grade
Look, I feel for you and the clubs supporters but ask yourself this.

How did you feel when other clubs merged, died or in Souths case, were kicked out.

How did you feel?

Dr Crane

Live Update Team

How did you feel when other clubs merged, died or in Souths case, were kicked out.

How did you feel?
souths, always somehow have to be the centre of attention?

Hoggy

Bench
This is my 12th year as a member (of 13 years) and I will be back again next year.

In my own situation, it is a little bit awkward, due to the fact that I actually worked there in the developmental part of the club. This allowed me to work hand in hand with most of the players that were there during the time (06/07).

Absolutely gutted and filthy. What more can I say?

I'm even more furious that we are playing the rest of the season for no point. Why punish the fans? Why kill the sport that little bit more (not that Gallop ever helped promote the sport, ever)? People like me that care about the game and go on forums like this, are the ones that really, really feel what is going on.

And that is just not fair.

In other news, at least if Collingwood are out of the finals early this year, I can go overseas and won't have to worry about missing a Grand Final.

Hoggy

Bench

How did you feel?

sh*thouse. What's your point?

Eels Dude

Coach
Congrats for coming on here. Most Storm fans must be wishing there was a crack in the ground they could just jump into. I would if it were the Eels.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
For you Storm fans (you know I have a banner for every occasion)

stayingtruestorm.jpg

Bman26

Juniors
When Wests merged, i was gutted for my dad who is now 50 and was / still is a life long fan.

When Illawarra merged, i was upset as they were my local team.

When Souths were kicked out i was disappointed that a team that old was out, i always thought of souths when i thought of league as a kid. Souths, Manly, Bulldogs, Canberra and Roosters

Right now, I cant explain how i feel, words dont do it justice, guess i better re-do my predictions.

Nickeel

Juniors
Good on you.

Despite some partisan and immature reactions on here and elsewhere by fans of opposition teams, the game needs Melbourne. Absolutely and undeniably. I can only imagine what you fans are going through. Admin figures knew, and possibly coaching staff and players knew, but all you fans knew was that your team was taking its place among the greats... and now? What a terrible hollow feeling for you. I feel cheated by your admin too.

But my hope is we go on.

Hang in there.

Nick

Rovelli

Bench
Thanks for coming onto the forum...I know it's a really tough time for the Storm fans, who have been robbed just as badly.

timmah.

can i get a monopoly man in storm colours banner?

I am a Melbourne Storm fan, I am gutted, I am ashamed, I am empty, I am furious, I am cut for every innocent player, member and opposition fan that feels ripped off, I am not a bandwagon fan, I am still a fan.

Every person guilty should be fired. We the fans should not be punished which is what is happening with not being able to acrue points.

I don't follow the team simply because they have been good, or because of a jersey but because players no matter where they come from have represented Victoria and Melbourne. They have represented me. I follow Melbourne because players have bled not for money but because of pride.

I follow Melbourne because I love Rugby League and they play a game that has caught me.

Things must change, significant things but this won't.

I am a Melbourne Storm Rugby League Football Club fan!!!

I have not become a member this year because I thought the Interstate Membership was a rip off. I still think that is the case but I will be signing back on later tonight.

its a nice post.

the fans. i mean..how would ya feel?

my dads mate is still raving on about the dogs in 02. stolen he says.

stolen by the greed of a few bad apples.

its like my team. my teams broke. its not my fault. its the idiots who ran the place. but we as a collectice group bare the brunt.

Chook Norris

First Grade
Very nicely said josh. I feel gutted as a Rugby League fan, i can't begin to imagine what Storm fans are feeling

Knightmare

Coach
No joke, last night I had a dream about the Storm winning back to back Premierships. I woke up this morning and wondered if it was an omen? Obviously I was wrong.

nqcowboy87

Bench
i just turned on the matty johns show, wow, wow
man i feel sorry for you guys, as a rugby league supporter in general im gutted both for the code and your team, you storm fans need to stick around
i think the not getting a point for rest of the year is a little rough.
i hope the storm doesn't fold

LazyDreamer

Bench
As a passionate Storm hater, I (along with other Storm haters) will spout long & hard about this.

But why are the fans being force-fed meaningless, pointless games? Honestly, what would have happened in times gone by is that the Storm would have been suspended from the comp for the remainder of the season.

But the TV deals wouldn't allow that.

Have seen a thousand Melbournians online this arve blaming Sydney clubs for this & swearing off the Storm - and league - forever. Josh, you don't need 'em. Stick with 'em - ask Dragons, Sharks , Souths, Eels & Raiders fans about drinks between titles (okay, the Sharkies fans are still waiting at the bar, but anyway). Show the world you're a true fan.

I have posted on this site for a long time and have declared by allegiance to Storm from day one.

How do I feel now ??...gutted, angry and flat...

Questions need to be asked:

How could they mislead the fans and corporate sponsors so badly ??.
Who should be held responsible for this stuation ??.
Will the club have a team next year ??.

Have a crack if you want at me and others but I agree with all the sanctions imposed.

I wish all other clubs the best this season and hope that you all enjoy some success with your clubs.

I may change my user name to "kia ora bro"...

Cheers

Kia

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
kia mate, chin up. Your club is resilient, it can come back from this. You, the fans - you don't deserve the schtick for what a bunch of crooks in suits have done.

Billythekid

First Grade
Josh, you don't need 'em. Stick with 'em - ask Dragons, Sharks , Souths, Eels & Raiders fans about drinks between titles (okay, the Sharkies fans are still waiting at the bar, but anyway). Show the world you're a true fan.

How is that the same thing. The club which we have wholeheartedly supported and spent a lot of money supporting has betrayed our trust for the last 5 years.

If the storm had gotten 20 wooden spoons in a row i would have kept supporting.

If we got moved to a lower grade i would have kept supporting them.

This isn't the same. They have betrayed our trust as fans and have in a lot of ways ruined my enjoyment and past memories of the game.

The club is dead to me and i will not be showing them any support in the future.

Fein

First Grade
When Wests merged, i was gutted for my dad who is now 50 and was / still is a life long fan.

When Illawarra merged, i was upset as they were my local team.

When Souths were kicked out i was disappointed that a team that old was out, i always thought of souths when i thought of league as a kid. Souths, Manly, Bulldogs, Canberra and Roosters

Right now, I cant explain how i feel, words dont do it justice, guess i better re-do my predictions.

Well my friend, you will know when I offer my condolences they are heartfelt.

Melbourne will only survive if the supporters stick, just as the supporters of all of those clubs affected when Melbourne cemented themselves in the competition did.

Last edited: