What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

We Are Now Contenders (As of Round 11)

OldPanther

Coach
"We Are Now Contenders (As of Round 11)"

Not bloody likely. From here we finish out of the bottom 4 and aren't winning any titles. Our season finished with the Dragons.

Fangs

Coach
Very poor yesterday. Though still not too disheartened because the other teams just aren't very good.

Still contenders. Even the Raiders are bloody contenders the way Hodgson is playing.

Roosters rule

Juniors
Contenders don't concede 50 points. I don't consider Brisbane a serious threat either. Losing to them by that margin is a big concern.
You have surprised me a few times this year with some high quality football. But the wheels are rattling.
With a softer but still trickier draw coming up I hope for your sake you get some wins in succession. Otherwise you risk throwing away a good season.
You are not contenders just dangerous pretenders.

Fangs

Coach
Not ready to pull up stumps yet champions.

Yes we conceded 50. Can't hide that. But don't underestimate how bad the rest of the 2018 cohort is.

Still a shot.

pantherz9103

First Grade
Honestly I don't have confidence in the team to win a premiership with Griffin as coach, regardless of injuries and current poor form of certain players. It would be nice to make the top 4 for real progress but that's looking unlikely based on current form. Especially considering the teams above us are playing a lot better now than us and haven't been hit by injuries like we have.

Sime_11

Juniors
still backing us to do some damage in September, but we have to make it there first. We just gotta get to week 2 of the finals and we have an equal chance exactly like the other 5 teams remaining.

the Dragons game is our ceiling this year so far, the good thing for us is we haven't shown what we can do with a close to full squad, I believe when RCG returns that our defence will pick up and get back to where it was pre origin.

all we need is RCG, Sauce, DWZ back and lots of minutes in their legs and cohesion as a team for us to get going in the right direction. what we've missed over the past 5-6 weeks is impact from the bench, I actually wouldn't mind Kikau coming off the bench just to give us some impact and danger to the opposition. Same with starting Tamou and then bring RCG off the bench when he returns.

we have the squad, and we have the intensity required to compete, the boys just need to back each other and get that intensity back :)

franklin2323

Immortal
still backing us to do some damage in September, but we have to make it there first. We just gotta get to week 2 of the finals and we have an equal chance exactly like the other 5 teams remaining.

the Dragons game is our ceiling this year so far, the good thing for us is we haven't shown what we can do with a close to full squad, I believe when RCG returns that our defence will pick up and get back to where it was pre origin.

all we need is RCG, Sauce, DWZ back and lots of minutes in their legs and cohesion as a team for us to get going in the right direction. what we've missed over the past 5-6 weeks is impact from the bench, I actually wouldn't mind Kikau coming off the bench just to give us some impact and danger to the opposition. Same with starting Tamou and then bring RCG off the bench when he returns.

we have the squad, and we have the intensity required to compete, the boys just need to back each other and get that intensity back :)

No more injuries we are a chance. It is getting to finals intact as it has been all season really

OldPanther

Coach

Very well said.

betcats

Referee
Broncos just showed the good teams how to beat us. Attack Jimmy, run at him all game. Its nothing new but the guy is already one of the worst defenders and most penalised players in the game. You increase his defensive workload you get more linebreaks, more penalties and if in his current form he will probably throw an intercept cause he is tired and frustrated.

Hook doesn't have the coaching nous to effectively hide Maloney. He needs to be next to Yeo for one, he has much better lateral movement then kiks. Defending next to Kikau makes it to easy to get Jimmy one on one which is not good for us.

Also ive never seen Maloney lose cool like he did on Friday, he is normally always smiling and laughing no matter how the game is going. It was almost like he carried some sort of frustration into the game?? More smoke IMO.

Last edited:

OldPanther

Coach
Broncos just showed the good teams how to beat us. Attack Jimmy, run at him all game. Its nothing new but the guy is already one of the worst defenders and most penalised players in the game. You increase his defensive workload you get more linebreaks, more penalties and if in his current form he will probably throw an intercept cause he is tired and frustrated.

Hook doesn't have the coaching nous to effectively hide Maloney. He needs to be next to Yeo for one, he has much better lateral movement then kiks. Defending next to Kikau makes it to easy to get Jimmy one on one which is not good for us.

Also ive never seen Maloney lose cool like he did on Friday, he is normally always smiling and laughing no matter how the game is going. It was almost like he carried some sort of frustration into the game?? More smoke IMO.

Sharks and Cows beat us the same way. Having a guess I think it's the injury frustrating him.

betcats

Referee
Sharks and Cows beat us the same way. Having a guess I think it's the injury frustrating him.

Have you noticed when we play a good side(top four for example) we either roll them or they roll us. We rarely end up in a dogfight against a good side, we just don't have it in us to go toe to toe with a good side playing good footy.

OldPanther

Coach
Have you noticed when we play a good side(top four for example) we either roll them or they roll us. We rarely end up in a dogfight against a good side, we just don't have it in us to go toe to toe with a good side playing good footy.

I have noticed that. I thought it'd be something that suits Griffin's style but apparently not.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade

I would be willing to bet. It was his ongoing ankle injury that caused his frustration. His body not allowing him to do what he required of it.

Latest posts