What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

We Are Now Contenders (As of Round 11)

mxlegend99

Referee
So your take on our performance is we are just a solid team surrounded by shit...Jesus MX, lighten up already! We actually won!
In the thread on where we would finish half the die hards insisted our roster wasn't top 4 material.

Thats before injuries. We have had a couple of great performances. But played some very average footy with a depleted roster and won still.

Last nights performance was terrific. Best in a long time.

soc123_au

Staff member
If Hook has been in charge of defence then he has my vote for coach of the year just on that. I wanted him gone pretty much since he arrived, now I'm seeing that he has some great qualities. Its obvious he has a quality support staff now for offence, and world class facilities, but he is making good use of all the tools.

Fangs

Coach
Griffin deserves credit obviously. This is his squad. He has let go of some high profile players and look where it has led us. He has a decent eye for talent and isn't afraid to bring them into first grade early.

Negatives being his smarts in attack and record against the top teams. The latter looks set to change this year.

Pantherjim.

Referee
Griffin deserves credit obviously. This is his squad. He has let go of some high profile players and look where it has led us. He has a decent eye for talent and isn't afraid to bring them into first grade early.

Negatives being his smarts in attack and record against the top teams. The latter looks set to change this year.

True.

I just hope that we can repeat this performance against Melbourne when it comes to it

Fangs

Coach
True.

I just hope that we can repeat this performance against Melbourne when it comes to ir

I'll be in Melbourne last week of the comp. Looking forward to that game against the storm. We may see a repeat of last year and have to play them twice in a row like we did Manly.

Kilkenny

Coach
Our success thus far in 2018 is a credit to the entire club and everyone has contributed.

I still think we have lot's of improvement left in us, particularly scoring more tries when attacking inside our opponents 20.

I think the key to the second half of the season is NOT to sustain any more season ending or long term injuries to key players.

We don't want to be getting ahead of ourselves so if we can stay reasonably fit and healthy then we are a strong chance of making the top four.

age.s

First Grade
You've also got the work Gus has done fixing the club off the field which I believe is creating more success than coaching ever could.

100% this. I've got not problem giving Hook credit but if we win the comp Gus should get a statue on High St for what he's done here. Not only did he qiickly clean the rot he inherited from Elliott, he identified a strategy that would work for this club and (most importantly) stuck with it when circumstances weren't going our way. Throw in some shrewd recruitment and cap management and we are where we are now.

Pablooo

Juniors
Title changed in case anyone hasn't woken up yet.

Penrith's comp to lose now.

Easy up Jose, Penrith are playing great and deserve favoritism but you still have one big hurdle to jump and that’s a fast improving Souths.

maple_69

Bench
I still think we have lot's of improvement left in us, particularly scoring more tries when attacking inside our opponents 20.

Absolutely. We are totally dominating the field position and territory battle and have enough talent to cobble together more than enough points. We have no fluidity or attacking structures, guys get the ball free for an offload and we don’t have support runners. There’s so much improvement to come as this side builds minutes together.

Sime_11

Juniors
Easy up Jose, Penrith are playing great and deserve favoritism but you still have one big hurdle to jump and that’s a fast improving Souths.

our final hurdle is beating Melbourne - something we dont do very often at all

Latest posts