What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

We are struggling to adapt

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
Hi Guys. I'm new here so please excuse my ignorance. Cody Walker. I like him as a Five Eight. I am led to believe that Souths offered him a new contract but his manager has told the Club that they want to test the market next year. If that is correct, why are we continuing in making him a superhero and sending him with Reno to Adelaide to improve his kicking game to help another Club in 2019. Should we have not sent his understudy ( junior) , to improve and take over that position. I understand that it's the Club responsibility to put the best team on the field each week, but should we not be looking after our future ?

Fair question. I believe that Doueihi is still not ready for a first grade start yet. Walker will most likely be the 5/8th for the 2018 season. I’m sure if we do it again and walker goes in 2019 it’ll be Doueihi taking a visit to Port Adelaide. Right now if Doueihi plays in the Souths side it’ll probably be as a utility. There’s no reason to suggest that Walker is gone though. He thinks he’s worth a lot more than most are willing to give.

callmack1

Staff member
Hi Guys. I'm new here so please excuse my ignorance. Cody Walker. I like him as a Five Eight. I am led to believe that Souths offered him a new contract but his manager has told the Club that they want to test the market next year. If that is correct, why are we continuing in making him a superhero and sending him with Reno to Adelaide to improve his kicking game to help another Club in 2019. Should we have not sent his understudy ( junior) , to improve and take over that position. I understand that it's the Club responsibility to put the best team on the field each week, but should we not be looking after our future ?
Welcome man, great to have you on board.

I do hear what you're saying but no one has any idea what Cody is upto next year, he might go but he might be with us for another five, who knows? The club wil do everything they can to keep him, especially if he has a good 2018 season. I think we did the right thing in sending Cody and Reyno over, there was probably a limit as to how many we could send and they're obviously gonna be the starting halves this year so why send anyone else.