What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WE ARE THE REAL DEAL

blacksafake

First Grade
Well said BSE, couldn’t agree more.

I don’t think any Dragon fan especially those that remember him playing for Illawarra or SGI mean disrespect or are ungrateful for his playing days. He was an exceptional player that rightfully rose to the very top.

Coaching, enough said already and most agree this is the BOD’s fault not his. I now prefer to forget his coaching days and harbour no ill feelings towards the narcissistic, delusional, dumb arsed farkwit and no longer wish for the death penalty for him.

I’m working towards being at peace with him in the next 100 years and wish him and his family well in the mean time.

lol, didn’t mention ‘his’ name once!
Sounds like you’re at peace with him:joy::joy:

BLM01

First Grade
Yep we are the real deal
we are coming 4th after 5 rounds.
Stop the comp let’s get straight into the semis we will take on those tall poppies Penrith and have a few try celebrations of our own

Crush

Coach
If you want to get excited about Dragons being the real deal, listen to the RedV podcast EP 65 when they interview Sowie. I honestly feel like the premiership window is ajar.
Such a relief to hear him talk about the coaching systems and Dragons potential.

BLM01

First Grade
Right on cue. The "woe is us" man pops up for a shot but only just after a win.
O'Brien press conference when prompted by the journo they have been dudded a bit this year by the bunker / refs :)...LOL
Had to mention that Sims was offside in our game (obviously on the chargedown) confirmed by headquarters. So he obviously complained about that and got the answer he wanted...to use when he wants
What about our first legitimate try bunker overrule after 90 seconds.
OBrien has been another one put up on a pedestal as a top 1st grade coach in waiting after his apprenticeship. I am starting to lose appeal for this guy.
Why?....I see some Maryisms in him in press conferences and that is not a good sign.
He has used the "comfotable being uncomfortable" line
Maybe thats why Frizz was attracted to the Knights :p

Crush

Coach
O'Brien press conference when prompted by the journo they have been dudded a bit this year by the bunker / refs :)...LOL
Had to mention that Sims was offside in our game (obviously on the chargedown) confirmed by headquarters. So he obviously complained about that and got the answer he wanted...to use when he wants
OBrien has been another one put up on a pedestal as a top 1st grade coach in waiting after his apprenticeship. I am starting to lose appeal for this guy.
Why?....I see some Maryisms in him in press conferences and that is not a good sign.
Knights = Ponga
That is all.

True_Believer

Juniors

Just watched it and can see what you mean. Pretty much just whinging and excuses. FMD - that's footy. Get over it.

Wittenberg

Juniors
I rarely blame the referee when we lose but he was poor today and ‘the bounce of the ball’ always seemed to go the Warriors way. The lack of 6 again calls in the last few minutes was probably hopefully not driven by bias but a lack of balls on the ref’s part.

FlameThrower

Bench
I still think we’re a work in progress, I also see no point in making wild predictions on top 4 finish. Better to take a week at a time. Test is how we bounce back from today’s loss against a weaker but still competitive Roosters side.

SaintPauli

Juniors
Back to reality.
Yes the refs made it frustrating.
Our forwards weren't all on.
Blockers simple run efforts were missed.

I believe Trent Merrin is on his final year. He tried and tired to quick.

Next week face up against rorters will be a another test. I believe we can turn it around.

Pro Dragons

Juniors
The top teams still can routinely find a way to win when they have an off day. I think in time Hook will instil a belief to find the wins on days like those. The NRL is a long and hard season with many hurdles along the way. It will take time to weed out players who are not up to it and develop the younger players who have the unrelenting drive for success. Under Hook the team is developing a culture and spirit to be proud of and so, better are a commin!

TruSaint

Referee
The top teams still can routinely find a way to win when they have an off day. I think in time Hook will instil a belief to find the wins on days like those. The NRL is a long and hard season with many hurdles along the way. It will take time to weed out players who are not up to it and develop the younger players who have the unrelenting drive for success. Under Hook the team is developing a culture and spirit to be proud of and so, better are a commin!

We were not far off winning today.
They were very good.

I agree, there is reason for optimism.