What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WE ARE THE REAL DEAL

Dion

Juniors
Early days, but certainly the signs are encouraging under Hook. Injuries and luck will also have some bearing on how the mighty Dragons fair in season 2021.
I really enjoyed Hook’s interview on NRL 360 last night with his straightforward no bullshit honesty.
His last answer to where you see the Dragons this year:
“A team that plays for each other, that enjoys their footy and that the fans can be proud of”
Boom boom....nailed it & anything extra is a bonus!
I also loved that interview.
What a breath of fresh air compared to McGregor's teflon coated diatribes.
Hook was calm and spoke intelligently about his initial stint with our club.
I thought his take on the Charity Shield flogging was powerful.

Slackboy72

Coach
Can we settle down on the circle jerk until after we've faced teams like the rorters and the storm.
I'm as excited as anyone but lets not start booking GF tix straight away.

emack

Juniors
I still wake up in the middle of the night screaming SACK McGregor......................and as a result have residue doubts in my system that I'm trying to purge.............or maybe call a priest!!!!!!

Maddragon99

Juniors
Can we settle down on the circle jerk until after we've faced teams like the rorters and the storm.
I'm as excited as anyone but lets not start booking GF tix straight away.
Next 5 games can really set us up, all Sunday games so no short turn arounds.

We have;

Warriors H
Rorters (ANZAC Day)
Tigers H
Bulldogs H
Storm A

If we can bag 4 out of 5 it’ll set up our season.

Slackboy72

Coach
Next 5 games can really set us up, all Sunday games so no short turn arounds.

We have;

Warriors H
Rorters (ANZAC Day)
Tigers H
Bulldogs H
Storm A

If we can bag 4 out of 5 it’ll set up our season.

Have you noticed after this weeks games we have 7 FTA TV games in a row. 4 sunday afternoon FTA TV games in a row. people will be sick of us if we do well.
Friday night Lights here we come.

getsmarty

Immortal

Will the Dragons make the Top 8? Scott Sattler weighs in
By SEN 13 hours ago
anthony-griffin_1nyijiixt2e0o19c08tkky0443.jpg

St. George Illawarra hold a 4-1 record after a stunning start to the 2021 season, but can they keep it up?

Despite being talked about as a wooden spoon chance in the pre-season, the Dragons now have a genuine chance to play finals.

Sportsday host Scott Sattler believes a side must have the right players in key positions to make finals and he had a look at the Dragons’ squad to see if they had the components of a top eight team.

“When it comes to the key positions, do they have the right players in these positions?,” Sattler asked on Sportsday.

“Front row they’ve got Paul Vaughan, he’s a State of Origin representative and I consider him a tremendous player.

“At hooker they’ve got Andrew McCullough, they tick the box there.

“Halfback you’ve got Ben Hunt, Adam Clune can play too, (Hunt) has played a lot of good footy and representative stuff as well. At five-eighth they’ve got Corey Norman, on his day he is very dangerous, he’s having a good season.

“You need a fullback that scores points, and they’ve got Matt Dufty, he absolutely can.

“I think in this day and age you need a big, damaging winger and they’ve got Mikaele Ravalawa, who’s another version of (Parramatta's) Maika Sivo.

“They’ve also got a damaging centre in Zac Lomax. When you look at all these key ingredients you need someone (to convert) and turn four into six and Lomax does that.

“I think they’ve got a good side all around.”

After looking at the squad, Sattler said he expects the side to play finals.

“The way they’re playing right now, 100 per cent they will make the eight,” he added.

“They’ve got the Warriors this week and that could take them to five from six, that doesn’t get them over the line but that’s a great start.

“Will they make the four? I think that’s stretching it, but stranger things have happened.”

The club’s next challenge comes against the New Zealand Warriors on Sunday afternoon at Netstrata Jubilee Stadium.

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2021/04/14/will-the-dragons-make-the-top-8-scott-sattler-weighs-in/

Lindsay Moss

Juniors
Yes I know and I agree.... but Ive never mentioned the words premiers....the .difference between April premiers in your words and where we sit now is we had The Imposter back then now we have Griffin
On the so called imposter you and others talk about lets not forget how good a player he was for this club how much passion and pride he showed through his career. As disappointed as we all are in that period as a coach we should show some respect/gratitude for what the man did in his time for the club. Lets stop bagging the man and look forward to hopefully a successful year.

TruSaint

Referee
On the so called imposter you and others talk about lets not forget how good a player he was for this club how much passion and pride he showed through his career. As disappointed as we all are in that period as a coach we should show some respect/gratitude for what the man did in his time for the club. Lets stop bagging the man and look forward to hopefully a successful year.

Both can be true.
One can be a great footballer and an imposter as a coach. No one here has ever bagged the guys love for the club.

jak

Bench
i agree with you that he was a very good player but he was also a very bad coach.

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
three from five great four from five bingo
Ive never questioned his talent as a player or his pride and passion for the club.......what I did question was his inability to coach my footy team .....you must admit he was given every opportunity to succeed over and over and over ......as a matter of fact his tenure was probably one of the longest unsuccessful contracts afforded most NRL coaches imo.......you also mentioned respect well as a Dragons follower for over 63 years he didnt show much respect for the supporters that turned up every week and handed over their hard earned joining the Red V membership etc......there was ample opportunities to fall on his sword but he chose not to....that was the gratitude we got year after year.....the problem was everyone knew he couldnt cut the mustard as coach except Paul himself.....now you've made your feelings known on the issue and Ive expressed mine thats what this forum is all about......let us now look forward to some success for our club thats sadly been missing in recent times

TruSaint

Referee
Ive never questioned his talent as a player or his pride and passion for the club.......what I did question was his inability to coach my footy team .....you must admit he was given every opportunity to succeed over and over and over ......as a matter of fact his tenure was probably one of the longest unsuccessful contracts afforded most NRL coaches imo.......you also mentioned respect well as a Dragons follower for over 63 years he didnt show much respect for the supporters that turned up every week and handed over their hard earned joining the Red V membership etc......there was ample opportunities to fall on his sword but he chose not to....that was the gratitude we got year after year.....the problem was everyone knew he couldnt cut the mustard as coach except Paul himself.....now you've made your feelings known on the issue and Ive expressed mine thats what this forum is all about......let us now look forward to some success for our club thats sadly been missing in recent times

tenor.gif

ALSGI

Bench
Well said BSE, couldn’t agree more.

I don’t think any Dragon fan especially those that remember him playing for Illawarra or SGI mean disrespect or are ungrateful for his playing days. He was an exceptional player that rightfully rose to the very top.

Coaching, enough said already and most agree this is the BOD’s fault not his. I now prefer to forget his coaching days and harbour no ill feelings towards the narcissistic, delusional, dumb arsed farkwit and no longer wish for the death penalty for him.

I’m working towards being at peace with him in the next 100 years and wish him and his family well in the mean time.

lol, didn’t mention ‘his’ name once!