What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

We can win the Premiership......

Life's Good

Coach
...if today represents a blueprint for the rest of the year:
Forwards dominating
Hunt & Norman giving each room needed to flourish
Defence resembling the Bennett era
Pride in the jersey

Sure, it’s only the Bulldogs and they have owned us way too many times but not today.

This green whistle is some good sh*t...

BennyV

Referee
I won’t believe it until I hear Mickeylane’s view on breaking the record for most points scored in a season.

SaintPauli

Juniors
I did like Mary indicating they would make calls on players needing a rest from high intensity training when required so their bobies would freshen up for game day. This will put us in good stead for a strong run into finals and a premiership seasons end

Ladies and gents the coach is maturing like a red wine.

epDragon62

First Grade
I did like Mary indicating they would make calls on players needing a rest from high intensity training when required so their bobies would freshen up for game day. This will put us in good stead for a strong run into finals and a premiership seasons end

The type you put in salads...

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade

You almost wrote ‘boobies’ :joy:.

Crush

Coach
Good win yesterday but it was against a very weak opponent.
We don't have the backs to compete with the top teams unfortunately.
Look at the Roosters 1-5.
Even Raiders 1-5. They, btw, are holding teams to zero on the back of defense. Annoying isn't it?

possm

Coach
I loved the way we played yesterday. There is a long way to go as yet and opposition teams won't make it a easy as the Dogs did for us last night. Just the same I did see a marked improvement in the right side defence and took note on how Frizell/Host, Hunt, Aitken and Rava all combined pretty well to shut down the Dogs in defence. Hope they keep it up.

It really help that our forwards completely dominated the opposition which allowed our halves to show us what they they really can do. A magic display from Norman and Hunt.

I have only positive thoughts about last nights game and congratulate all the players who showed us that they can play at a very high level if given the opportunity to do so.

Let's see how we go against Manly next week and then Easts on ANZAC Day.

18to87

First Grade
We saw the same thing last year. Yesterday was great fun, but Mary proved again, with his bench management, why we will be tired in the second half of the season. Something has to change, especially as quite a few will be in line for Origin.

Coffs dragon

Bench
Premature evaluation indeed. Too many factors & a dose of good luck must align before we start blowing the trumpet. Injuries, Burnout, Bench utilisation & Coaching tactics are all hurdles the team must somehow learn from & adjust.

merahputih

Juniors

Or wrapped in a brown paper bag and consumed on a park bench.

rednwhites

Juniors
Winning the comp seems like a bit of a stretch but ultimately you get these wins now to put yourself in a position to contest in finals. At the moment we are winning and you can't ask for much more than that. Yesterday was a complete performance and we have been starved of those in recent years.

Forwards seem to be sharing the limelight this year rather than all firing at 100% which I think is a good thin for longevity. I'll take that over an April Premiership every time.