What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

we cant win with timmy

Hurriflatch

Referee
Ron I'm just going on the stats provided

but the Hindy's did a lot of defence combined for 106 tackles

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Hurriflatch said:
Ron I'm just going on the stats provided

but the Hindy's did a lot of defence combined for 106 tackles

He also gave away penalties and ball at critical times. Hindy is really starting to piss me off. Johnston made just as many tackles but did played alot better

Y2Eel

First Grade
Ron Jeremy said:
Dont blame cordoba, he hardly played tonight, and when we were on he was mainly defending

Cant really blame him he has the most penetration when he runs...

We missied Burt... No 2nd Phase play and Hayne at the back just doesnt add the support...

Hurriflatch

Referee
Ron Jeremy said:
He also gave away penalties and ball at critical times. Hindy is really starting to piss me off. Johnston made just as many tackles but did played alot better

50 tackles
3 missed

and chuck in 75 metres gained from 9 hitups

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Y2Eel said:
Cant really blame him he has the most penetration when he runs...

We missied Burt... No 2nd Phase play and Hayne at the back just doesnt add the support...

Totally agree. I have been a critic of Cordoba for the last week, but tonioght i must say he done well in limited time. Burt is sorely missed.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Hurriflatch said:
50 tackles
3 missed

and chuck in 75 metres gained from 9 hitups

Thats bs Hurri, even the channel 9 guys eluded to that Johnston by the 70th minutes had made 54 or so tackles.

Y2Eel

First Grade
Ron Jeremy said:
Thats bs Hurri, even the channel 9 guys eluded to that Johnston by the 70th minutes had made 54 or so tackles.

Nah they said he had onlomst cracked 50 and hindy was over 50 ian and Nathan

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Hurriflatch said:
it was Rabbits as well, I love Rabs but he got Stevie Wonder confused with Stevie Nicks

Yeah well Stevie nicks snorted a shoitload of coke back in her day so dont take any notice of hers

CrazyEel

Bench
I don't know but I thought both hindys along with wags & mateo went bloody well tonight, it was good to see Nath getting cranky. Caylo busted his arse as usual but played dumb, robinson was rather quite and fui seems to have lost all his impact. TBH I can only vaguely recall Cordoba and that was for conceding his mandatory penalty.

Tim had a good game, Finch was solid but Hayne is not cutting it at fback. B Smith needs a kick in the arse, apart from him being all at sea in defence of late his dropping at the feet of someone half his size in attack is really pissing me off. I don't know what's up with him but he's dropped of badly over the last month.

stuke

Bench
i wouldn't mind moving Tahu to fullback, INU to the centre and Hayne back to the wing.

this could give Tahu more of an opportunity to have time with the ball and find himself with some space as well. too many times he is getting the ball and having no room to create anything.

stuke

Bench
Hurriflatch said:
and what Burt in the centres?

Nooooooooooooo!

i'm not counting on Burt coming back just yet....if he comes back at all this year. just working with the guys we have on the field at the moment.

Hurriflatch

Referee
as so Inu or Grothe into the centres then

cause you have

1. Tahu
2. Hayne
3. Benny
4. Inu/Grothe
5. Grothe/Inu

spiderdan

Bench
i love reading statements like "we can't win with timmy". makes me laugh.

people make statements like this then claim melbourne can win with cronk, who in my opinion is over-rated. tim played all over cronk last night and has better stats for the season. look at both melbourne's tries. cameron smith falls over the line from dummy-half because of a really poor read from benny. their other try comes from a really ordinary error by inu and mateo i think it was (they are still early in their careers so they will make mistakes every so often). we were in that game up to our necks and almost did enough to win.

greasy conditions helped eric lose the ball over the line. it happens. i really don't think cronk had any effect on eric losing it.

we pretty much lost the game because of all the posession we handed the storm in the first half through errors and a series of penalties.

if anything, last night's game showed me that our team is a contender. to play that bad for a half of football and still match it with the storm on the try tally was a pretty huge effort.