What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

we cant win with timmy

strider

Post Whore
caylo has our most effective forward bar hindy this year .... he had 2 weeks off recently (for reasons we all know) and is getting back into it .... wake up and get the f**k off his back

Kornstar

Coach
Well i actually think the same thing about Cayless as i do about the rest of our forwards (excpet Hindy) whenever we need them to lay a platform in a big match, they fail to do it.....that has been happening for a long time!!

sooperdooper

First Grade
gee i cant stand it when this happens
its Tims 3rd year in the NRL, a super 1st year. A poor 2nd one and a very good 3rd one. He is just a scapegoat to everyone.
He has been one of our best all year. he is very vital to our team....

my opinion:
We lack a good hooker... piggy is a backrower, pj is just not up to scratch, pj is always a certain for the 14, he is wasting a spot on the bench in my eyes.
always giving away stupid penalties and is just not up to it

pj is making it extremely difficult for momentum with his poor passing provided from dummy half, I dont know what has happened to him, but his passes are way of the mark and not hitting the players on their chests. His support play is also a little down.

apeman

Juniors
When timmy went off i thought we were gone!

but then i saw MAteo at 5/8, he looked good considering he hasnt played there for a long time and has not trained there. He slide straight in.

It would have been good to see mateo play the whole game there.

Stagger eel

Staff member
there isn't a better option for PJ's role than PJ himself..if there is I'd like to hear it because at the moment I don't believe Matt Keating is a first grader.

Avenger

Immortal
eelavation said:
there isn't a better option for PJ's role than PJ himself..if there is I'd like to hear it because at the moment I don't believe Matt Keating is a first grader.

Will Kris be ready by next year, eela?

Ron Jeremy

Coach
parra pete said:
I don't believe I am saying this........
The Eels can't win WITHOUT Tim Smith directing play...

He's improved Pete hasn't he?

I think him baulking up has given him more confidence as well.

He has potential to be a damaging runner close to the line as well, just wish he'd pursue it, maybe its habbit...

Avenger

Immortal
parra pete said:
I don't believe I am saying this........
The Eels can't win WITHOUT Tim Smith directing play...

Well done for admitting you were wrong. I also started to doubt him. But he is easily the best we have.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
parraitdoesmatta said:
pj is making it extremely difficult for momentum with his poor passing provided from dummy half, I dont know what has happened to him, but his passes are way of the mark and not hitting the players on their chests. His support play is also a little down.

I'm glad someone noticed that as well! i've said that we cant afford to have PJ here, too many hookers and i see KK as playing that role alot next year even though a 5/8, i think Hagan will ease him into first grade by playing him there occasionaly.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Avenger said:
Well done for admitting you were wrong. I also started to doubt him. But he is easily the best we have.

I never did, he is one of the most naturally talented halves i've seen, the problem with tim though is the decision making, i knew a player like him will matue eventually and then we would see him at his best.

Just hope he keeps on going, and wish people got of his back, he's had a wonderful year and without him would've scored alot less trys.

Avenger

Immortal
Ron Jeremy said:
I never did, he is one of the most naturally talented halves i've seen, the problem with tim though is the decision making, i knew a player like him will matue eventually and then we would see him at his best.

Just hope he keeps on going, and wish people got of his back, he's had a wonderful year and without him would've scored alot less trys.

I was referring to Parra pete.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Avenger said:
Will Kris be ready by next year, eela?

I'd really like to think so., he's an awsome little player now but 6 months in a training paddock building up his body upper should do the trick.

sooperdooper

First Grade
we cant win it without timmy
he has been great this year and cant falt him... as we all know he still needs to run to the line some more...

hindmarsh4pm

Juniors
Tim is the key to our success, if we go all the way he will take us there, but like everyone knows he just needs to take the line on

Kornstar

Coach
I was thinking the other day and i hear alot that Tim should stand up in the big games and stuff. What i realised was that he does stand up but the poor execution of some of our other players have let him down.

For example, the Grothe drop last week, Tim set up that play, he had the vision to realise that we go down to Grothe and he gave it to Hayne who gave it to Grothe and the rest is history......but all these idiots like Peter "2 toss" Tunks say he doesn't stand up, imo that is exactly what he did, just unfortunately the bounce of the ball didn't go our way......

I personally think we can't win the comp without him, this year he has proved he wasn't a 1 year wonder and if we can get our forwards to lay a great platform (if we make the finals) in the finals, he and Finch will have a good shot at guiding us the glory.....

The Engineers Room

First Grade
I don't think he needs to take on the line that much but rather needs to get more bodies in motion so he can thin the defence and that would make a difference. At the moment all his options with the ball are too well covered because of the predictibilty of the receiver.

Latest posts