What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

We have the dumbest team...

The Engineers Room

First Grade
Seriously.

One thing that has shined through from this year is no one seems to know what to do out there. Last night was another example of a team that has no direction or footballing smarts.

So many bonehead plays that cost us. On many occasions we gave the ball up or helped Souths and they won because of them.

It seems to me most of them lack the ability to make the right decision in game situations. Even simple things like passing short when a long ball puts a player through a gap. Are we sure they aren't robots?

cv8z

Juniors
We led most of the game. Thought we were ok for most if it.

What's the point of leading if we can't put them away?
People complain about the forwards but it's the backs and halves letting us down mostly,
We have the dumbest players and convert those who aren't into one.

What's the point of leading if we can't put them away?
People complain about the forwards but it's the backs and halves letting us down mostly,
We have the dumbest players and convert those who aren't into one.
It can be very good, depending on who you bet with.

Stagger eel

Staff member
I don't think we've had a smart footy side for a very long time but at least this squad has a never say die character about them which we've lacked in previous years, it's just a pity that were talentless

Chipmunk

Coach
I don't see a solution. Thinking back this may have been an underlining problem for the last few years.

Of course it has been. We've made very very poor decisions for a long time.

It's showing up more this year because we don't have Plan B to fall back on - Just give it to The Plane...

We're literally canon fodder without The Plane in the team.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
we convert two tries and we become an intelligent team

we have some of the dumbest posters

surfer1

Juniors
We kick downfield with 5 minutes to go in wet conditions is smart, throwing a long ball to Sandow isn't

Chipmunk

Coach

Had we kicked all four goals I'm confident we would've still found a way to beat ourselves and Souths would've found a way to win the game. Teams who make Top 8's just find ways to win scrappy games. Souths tactics were excellent given the circumstances of the entire match, ours were just dumb.

T.S Quint

Coach

Not really.
Even in the Newcastle game, which is a game we won, we almost found a way to lose it.
First we score and have a chance to rap it up but Sandow misses a sitter just to the side of the posts. Watmough drops it giving them a chance to tie it up.
We don't know how to play to win games.

Stagger eel

Staff member
The side has a never say die attitude?

Like a kamikaze pilot or a suicide bomber.

Well to be fair bigster! ... Other than the 2nd of the Titans game we haven't quite capitulated and wilted as we've done several times in the last 10 or so years... I'm still waiting for 50 point drubbing but hasn't happened yet

T.S Quint

Coach
Tigers
Bulldogs
Warriors
Rabbitohs

All games where we have had a lead in the second half and blown it. Tigers and Souths we had the lead with only minutes to go. Even against Brisbane we were in with a great chance at the end of the game and simply threw it away.

We don't know how to close out games.
Dumb team.

Most of our dumb plays/ plays that put us under pressure have been a knock on by the captain or something stupid Sandow , Lussick or Paulo has done.

BennyBoy

Juniors
Oh we are definitely a dumb team. It has now got to the point where if we are close or leading in the last 10 mins I find myself playing a little game of watching for which player will take the dumb option and cost us the game. Someone always puts their hand up for the prize.

The Engineers Room

First Grade
It's not even just closing out games, it is the wrong options taken in attack and defense throughout the game.

It is fair enough to think players may get the decisions right 50/50 but they seem to be more like 20/80 or worse.

My other related gripe is the playmakers mostly can't play what is in front of them.

You can be gutsy, fast, fit and strong but if you don't use your head then you are useless.

Latest posts