What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

We have to get rid of him. Please tell me how

john oldie

Juniors
We are desperate to get rid of this fool and his board.

What can we do .

Can we get Alan Tongue to arrange a petiton from the players and thousands of supporters and put it in

his letterbox

We have lost Dugan and god knows who else

Can someone please come up with an idea that will get him to fall on his sword

Last edited:

skeepe

Immortal
We have lost Dugan? Looked like him out there today. Care to give me a link confirming he is moving on?

bileduct

Coach
Today was the first game where they knew there was nothing to play for.

Hopefully they'll realise before the end of the season that there is still pride.

If Furner doesn't turn them around for the last few games then there are some real questions that need to be asked.

GC_Gladiator

Juniors
Beyond the run towards last season's finals the Furner coaching period has been quite forgettable. The first half of last year was dire and mirrored what we've seen this season. It seems that that stretch of footy we saw leading to the finals last season was the exception rather than the rule (and makes me question how much Furner contributed to it).

While I know we've been missing our main play maker this season, it wasn't an unexpected loss. We had a whole off season to prepare for it and to alter our game accordingly. Didn't seem to happen.

Further, it doesn't seem like we are building towards anything. I'd hope to see a turn around over the next few weeks but tbh it means nothing now.

hugzy

Juniors
actually i got an idea. in english premier league the fans would hold up signs like "Benitez OUT" or have a chant like "ur gonna get sacked in the morning" (actually thats wat the fans chants to taunt the OPPOSITION manager but im sure there is one to tell ur own boss to fk off)

eg.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IzP5gi4oKVk

SACKED IN THE MORNING!
SACKED IN THE MORNING!
WE WANT FURNER SACKED IN THE MORRRRRNING

gotta love english fans. uneducated, but gotta love them :O)

Cryptic

Juniors
Damn we should have been listening to john oldie all this time! I knew the game plan of don't tackle them due to lack of reading the attack constantly by Vidot was a poor one but damn it, we stuck with it despite the god of rugby league coaching that we have had here the entire time in john oldie! His plan is much better... oh wait...

d-a-z-z-a

Juniors
Beyond the run towards last season's finals the Furner coaching period has been quite forgettable. The first half of last year was dire and mirrored what we've seen this season. It seems that that stretch of footy we saw leading to the finals last season was the exception rather than the rule (and makes me question how much Furner contributed to it).

While I know we've been missing our main play maker this season, it wasn't an unexpected loss. We had a whole off season to prepare for it and to alter our game accordingly. Didn't seem to happen.

Further, it doesn't seem like we are building towards anything. I'd hope to see a turn around over the next few weeks but tbh it means nothing now.

Great post, if you divide our past 3 seasons under furners into halves, you'd find 5/6 as complete rubbish... 1/6 where we showed how much talent our great club has, which he surely can not muster. the guy has ZERO control over our team! its madness!

With the talent we have (campo, mccrone, dugan, shillington, lahrs, fenson, papali, thompson), we deserve better as a club and i hate seeing it all get wasted:( *sigh... teams would kill for these sort of players...

anddd if you want to sit here telling me its not the coach's fault... consider for a second what a bennett or a bellamy would do with our team of players... then come talk to me..

Cryptic

Juniors
Great post, if you divide our past 3 seasons under furners into halves, you'd find 5/6 as complete rubbish... 1/6 where we showed how much talent our great club has, which he surely can not muster. the guy has ZERO control over our team! its madness!

With the talent we have (campo, mccrone, dugan, shillington, lahrs, fenson, papali, thompson), we deserve better as a club and i hate seeing it all get wasted:( *sigh... teams would kill for these sort of players...

anddd if you want to sit here telling me its not the coach's fault... consider for a second what a bennett or a bellamy would do with our team of players... then come talk to me..

You do realise out of that list of players the majority of them have missed the majority of the season? We have been smashed with injuries for a few years running now... I would seriously be looking into the trainers more so than any other staff but it could just be a case of shit happens (a lot in this particular case).

skeepe

Immortal
You do realise out of that list of players the majority of them have missed the majority of the season? We have been smashed with injuries for a few years running now... I would seriously be looking into the trainers more so than any other staff but it could just be a case of shit happens (a lot in this particular case).

Well said.

Let's look at our injury list.

Dugan, Shillington - both out for long stretches. Campese, TLL, Tilse, Buttriss, Thurling, Orford, Massey, Stuart and now Vidot probably all out for the season.

How would Melbourne go without Slater, Cronk, Widdop, Smith, their three first choice props, and a few other fringe players?

Actually how would any team go with their entire spine (1, 6, 7, 9), their three best props and a few others all out?

Not well.

That said, there's really no excuse for the players that are there not putting in, which is what happened against Newcastle. I could have copped what has happened this season a little better if I thought they were at least having a go.