What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

We need a new goalkicker

Rocket Rod

Juniors
I don’t think there’s anyone else within the club that can kick
It’s only practice he as the skill
There’s something about lomax though that gets you in even though he lets you down so often
Can’t explain it

gitano

Juniors
I mean, not to mention he wouldn't be in my 17 but that's one for another thread

AyiosYiorgos

Coach
It literally did
No it didnt, we scored, the players thought they had won the game, we lost possession from the kick off, did you notice how after Sexton scored and we kicked off how the Titans left winger moved over to the right and caught the kick off, as opposed to us, we clocked off thinking we won that game, didnt bring any extra players over to handle the kick off when we scored, cause we are dumb and cant think outside the square, did you also notice how Su'A and Hunt, two of our best farked up on Sexton, did you notice how Hunt dropped the ball as well, the kick didn't cost us the game as it would have ended 20 all and gone into extra time and knowing how dumb we are we would have lost anyway, lets not talk about Hooks use of the bench either, Liddle should have come on with 20minutes to go, kept Mbye on for way too long..
Very simple to say Lomax cost us the game, we had chances to win that game..

Drakon

Juniors
It sure didn't help that he missed it!

As Drgaon David said - I knew we'd lose after that kick failed.

He kicks some good goals but misses some easier and important ones.

rasaint

Juniors
Zac’s a pretty good goal kicker and very good on his day. I never feel confident when he has an important kick.

I wish we had an another good kicker in the side for another reason.
Zac does the occasional good play and yesterdays high catch to score was a top effort. Fair enough. It’s just overall for most of 80 minutes week in week out he is an ordinary or less NRL centre. He would struggle to get a first grade spot in any other NRL team. No genuine dash or impact unfortunately. He reportedly gets $700k a season apparently with a ridiculous 6 year deal not ending for what 2026?

We should never have made such a stupid very long termrecruitment. I criticised the club then and just note it now. Nothing against Zac. The deal was offered and he grabbed it. Blake Lawrie is as courageous a player as they come, but like Zac low impact.

Ben Hunt is a marvellous player. He is carrying the side and therefore he will make mistakes.

gitano

Juniors
1. Sloane
2. Feagai
3. Feagai
4. Suli
5. Ravalawa
6. Amone
7. Hunt

Lomax to reserve grade to work on his game and hopefully get an opportunity later in the year.

denis preston

First Grade
Zac’s a pretty good goal kicker and very good on his day. I never feel confident when he has an important kick.

I wish we had an another good kicker in the side for another reason.
Zac does the occasional good play and yesterdays high catch to score was a top effort. Fair enough. It’s just overall for most of 80 minutes week in week out he is an ordinary or less NRL centre. He would struggle to get a first grade spot in any other NRL team. No genuine dash or impact unfortunately. He reportedly gets $700k a season apparently with a ridiculous 6 year deal not ending for what 2026?

We should never have made such a stupid very long termrecruitment. I criticised the club then and just note it now. Nothing against Zac. The deal was offered and he grabbed it. Blake Lawrie is as courageous a player as they come, but like Zac low impact.

Ben Hunt is a marvellous player. He is carrying the side and therefore he will make mistakes.
It’s not 700k .More like 550 to 600 I recall at the time. Still not bloody worth it.