What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

We need success NOW

RAID04

Juniors
We have not played as if we would win the premiership since 1995. Ever since then the Brumbies have been THE team from Canberra

It is clear our playing roster is not up to scratch and the coaching isn't either. Look where Brian Smith and Daniel Anderson are at the moment. Being a prodigy of Brian Smith is not all that its cracked up to be.

We need management to act now instead of worrying about buying clubs all over Australia. I am a season ticket holder, who is sick of players wearing the green jersey not putting in hundred percent. Monaghan has been disgraceful and is still being picked week in week out. They have no idea how to score and for a team who could have consolidated well today, that effort was disgraceful.

I am sick of having these re-building years. Canberra cannot afford to have these years because we are losing support to the Brumbies. So if there is anyone out there who knows how to get these answers from the club and make our voices heard please let me know. I have written several times and have not got any anwers.

It is clear that tghe squad we have are not up to standard. The majority of them have been playing first grade for several years.

Steven Gerrard

First Grade
So what do we do? Fire everyone, bring heaps of new people, and we'll win the premiership straight away! hahahaha you people think everything will come easily if we get rid of elliott and management! :roll:

TiTTieS_[CNTDN]

Juniors
You make some valid points, but the picture is much larger than what you've just painted.

I'm not with most people in saying that the coach is where the problem lies - I don't see what he does during the week, but what I do see on game day hugely disapoints me. I think it would be good if somebody who does not know as much as the coaches do sat with the coach and made suggestions. This way, if the suggestion was to put Carney on in the 25th minute rather than in the 55th minute, the coach would have to think about the suggestion and if he said no, later, he would have to justify the decision. This would be beneficial as it would make the coach think on a different level.

Teams that poach players are where one of the major problems lies. Joel Monaghan leaving has many problems. First, it sends the message to the other players that he doesn't think it is that successful a club. Second, other players probably realise that Lolesi left so that we could retain Monaghan. Others I won't say now.

Onto the original topic, you're right - if we don't find success within the next two rounds, we are goooorne.

I'm also disapointed by the selections Elliot makes. He selects players who shouldn't be there and doesn't select those players who should be selected. Monaghan, apparently, is the latest example of poor selections.

Bay56

First Grade
Raiders 2004 said:
So what do we do? Fire everyone, bring heaps of new people, and we'll win the premiership straight away! hahahaha you people think everything will come easily if we get rid of elliott and management! :roll:

Good starting point.

TiTTieS_[CNTDN]

Juniors
Raiders 2004 said:

No, we don't bring a whole lot of new faces into the top 17, we do, however, select our best 17 players on the Tuesday immediately prior to the game - not the Tuesday immediately prior to the round 1. Too many players have been selected for weeks after they really should have been dropped.

woodgers

Bench
I am sick of having these re-building years. Canberra cannot afford to have these years because we are losing support to the Brumbies. So if there is anyone out there who knows how to get these answers from the club and make our voices heard please let me know. I have written several times and have not got any anwers.
You start a taskforce of Raiders fans that are serious about getting change. You do it professionally. You get people like Phil Small, Bevan Hannan, Kevin O'Neal and Peter Chapman who have a bit of influence in the media or the public to assist the taskforce if they agree that the club is on the slide. Then you come up with strategies on how exactly to get the message across or action taken.

Not that I have been thinking about this for the past couple of weeks. No not me. Ok it may have crossed my mind.

Evergreen

Juniors
edabomb said:
kris_man said:
I like Daniel Anderson

Sorry I think hes married.

:clap: :lol: :lol: :lol:

But seriously, I have been a season ticket holder for six years now, and it is plain to me that at least 30-40% of my fellow members are of senior age (ie 55-70 years old).

Our lack of success over the last 10 years has done nothing to attract younger fans. I work here locally with a group of about 70 blokes and I am one of only three Raiders supporters. The 67 other guys support teams such as the Dogs, Roosters, Knights etc, which means their kids do also.

The point is, what happens when our senior fans who have been so loyal begin to pass away - who is left to fill the mould? We are living in a generation of fans who are jumping on the bandwagon of successful teams, and unless we do not taste success on a consistent basis VERY SOON, this younger generation of fans will be left behind for good.

A worst case scenario I know, but the possibility that this club is in major strife within 10 years is much more of a reality than I would like to believe.

Brimmer

Juniors
I totally agree!

I am from Brisbane but I have watched a number of games at Canberra Stadium. Coming from a rugby league crazy town with such support for the Broncos, I couldn't believe the lack of support for the once mighty green machine!?!? What's going on there?

Latest posts