What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

...we play a part

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Strangely enough, the makeup of the final eight and the opponents of the minor premiers, St George Illawarra, come down to us tomorrow.

Should we beat the Manly scumbags, we push them to the brink of the eight and they're headed for a first-week showdown with Saints... or if Souths manage to win, Manly are completely gone.

Should we lose to Manly, it is certain that Canberra finish eighth... and face St George Illawarra.

Should be an interesting Sunday. Get out to Brookie and voice your support, show some faith in the boys and send Nod, Polar Bear and General out winners! :D

Whos Ya Daddy

First Grade
Showed zero heart all year when it mattered yet you suddenly think it is time for the Dogs to have a go?

You're are a bunch of tards who deserve to get 40 put on them.

Timmah

Staff member
I reckon if you comb back through results you'll find we're one of only a couple of clubs who haven't had 40 put on us all year.

Teams who had 40+ put on them:
Brisbane, Cronulla, Manly, Newcastle, Warriors, Cowboys, Eels, Panthers, Souths, Roosters, Tigers

Teams who didn't:
Canberra, Canterbury, Titans, Storm, Saints

Interestingly, two of those teams won't be playing finals footy.

As for zero heart, well I reckon that's pretty damn subjective tbh. The effort's been there, the skill and stamina has been what's lacking, plus a pretty bad injury toll through the start and middle of the season from which we never really recovered.

alan89

Juniors
The Rabbitohs owe the doggies bigtime. Great effort by Canterbury today. As for 2011, Ben Barba has to play fullback - Or Josh Morris.

Doga

Juniors
Glad the Dragons won. Hate the bunnies!! Worlds best Forward pack - Woooooooooooooooo!

Timmah

Staff member
I'd feel most confident with Josh Morris at halfback, but Barba in the centres worries me. Matai terrorised him today and although he was up to it at times, others he just turned him inside out.

Bulldog Force

Referee
Does anyone have any inside mail as to why Jamal didn't play? I saw him watching the game from the stands... he looks alright. Was it just precautionary? It would've been good to see lineup again Matai. And yes, Barba does not belong at centre. He's too small. Fullback perhaps - that run he did along the sideline to score was gold - almost Matty Bowen like :)

Timmah

Staff member
Jamal still had a head injury from last week and it wasn't worth risking him. With Hodges, Inglis and J Moz all N/A, he's now a chance for an Aussie jumper so who knows...

MatthewA

Juniors
Idris is having shoulder surgery as is J Moz so I doubt he'll be available for the Aussies either.

Timmah

Staff member
They were both announced as part of the train-on squad though. Same as Hannant.

love my saints

Juniors
dogs did well this year, funny to say i know as most would say they under-achieved BIG-TIME, which is true also. They never lost many games by big margins, they were well and truly in most games.

I heard u guys signed michael lett from us (saints), good player, wouldnt be surprised if he gets first crack at fullback 4 the dogs.

Also, well done on the recruitment 4 next year, besided lett, u guys got eatwood back, and Pritchard is going to be the buy of the year. Imo that manly halfback u guys got is severly over rated, i think you'l find keating will be more dominant for you guys than that halfback, thats just my opinion.

Go you dragons.....

Bulldog Force

Referee
Cheers mate.

I think Barba will get first crack at fullback. He most likely would've played there this year is Patten wasn't in the team. Michael Lett IMO will need to work his way into the team, which isn't a bad thing as depth in the backs is something we could use - especially if injuries and suspensions creep in, which they inevitably will.

As for Hodko, he will not be trying to guide the team around without any assistance - Noddy will be our halves trainer/coach for next year and hopefully Trent can blend in smoothly with our style of play. I think KK will be used as a utility off the bench with Roberts assuming the pivotal role.

Latest posts