What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

We should get Brad Arthur now..

redwhitedragon

Juniors
Manly's toughness is thanks to their defence coaching skills of Brad Arthur. do the senisble thing Saints and sign him. In return we will get a tough Bennettesque team instead of the limp wristed jellyspine team we have now.

Back Door Man

First Grade
Can we risk another rookie coach in saying that toovey didn't coach first grade before he took the job but then again look at his squad.

redwhitedragon

Juniors
Perhaps not back door but Price was a rookie coach who didnt stick to the basics plan Bennett put in place so well. Hopefully Arthur sticks to what he knows best.

FlameThrower

Bench
.....real concerns about any rookie coach. But 50% is mental strength and frankly most of this year we were dumb and weak mentally. I think we are all going to be disappointed with Price coaching us in 2014, there's no more excuses...
Ps, feel sorry for Souths, planets aligned this was the year for them....gone....

Weipa Dragon

Juniors
Manly's toughness is thanks to their defence coaching skills of Brad Arthur. do the senisble thing Saints and sign him. In return we will get a tough Bennettesque team instead of the limp wristed jellyspine team we have now.

Red white brother you have nailed it. With the coaches around he has got to be a main player. Manly out mongreled the big souths boys and Killed them with their defence. It's big brad in that. By the way when he coached in cairns he instilled the killer. Four premierships as captain coach in the cairns comp
Is solid. Get him dragons board he is a very proficient outsider.

saint.nick

Coach
Well I don't know what to say. Went to the game and it broke my heart to see dad so devastated. He's just a normal bloke who hates no team and sees everything with objectivity. He hasn't seen his team make a final for 43 years. They're just like st George used to be. But they have no plan b once the forwards lose their battle. But ffs... Blowing a 14-0 lead in the prelim? And what a shit day for Madge. His mum passed away this morning. And then sees his players capitulate in the second half. They choked.

R&WTILLIDIE

First Grade
Well I don't know what to say. Went to the game and it broke my heart to see dad so devastated. He's just a normal bloke who hates no team and sees everything with objectivity. He hasn't seen his team make a final for 43 years. They're just like st George used to be. But they have no plan b once the forwards lose their battle. But ffs... Blowing a 14-0 lead in the prelim? And what a shit day for Madge. His mum passed away this morning. And then sees his players capitulate in the second half. They choked.

Poor madge

bottle

Coach

Personally happy Souffs didn't make it but only because of some of the fools on the main forum. Tough break for your dad though. Bad luck, maybe next year (hope not ;-)).

saint.nick

Coach
You'd never know my dad's a souths fan. white collar job, white collar demeanour; everything points to him being a latte sipping easts fan (loves his coffee too). I personally don't understand the hate we have for souths. I just find it hard to hate a team that's been in the pits for so long. Someone please explain it to me!

bottle

Coach
I used to have a bit of a soft spot for them because of all they'd been through. 10 years ago I would have been happy to see them win it if we weren't a shot.
Then I joined the forums. Since then I have become a bitter, twisted. loathsome human being. This place is poison to the soul. Poison I say!!

saint.nick

Coach
Seriously. Apart from maybe warriors and eels recently, every club on this forum has its f***wits. Souths supposedly have bunnies man, easts have tonearm terror wrist (the most bitter and arrogant person on those whole forum), saints have muzby (we all love you) and others, and etc etc

blacksafake

First Grade
Dream on,price will be there next year unfortunately.It would be a step in the right direction however our board or doust don't have the foresight for such an appointment.

TheRev

First Grade
I used to have a bit of a soft spot for them because of all they'd been through. 10 years ago I would have been happy to see them win it if we weren't a shot.
Then I joined the forums. Since then I have become a bitter, twisted. loathsome human being. This place is poison to the soul. Poison I say!!
^^^ This x1000, I had a soft spot for them until it might have been 2010 when we played them in the final round, I thought after years as bottom dwellers they would be humble and excited about making finals, but instead they acted like prize tools at pubs and on forums before any actual sudden death footy had been played...

They need a massive slice of humble pie and I thoroughly enjoy watching them get beat (once again) when the pressure is actually applied... whether they will learn I dont know, stop acting like dead-certainties.

They probably have 1 more year with this squad, before surely the wheels fall off to some extent, theyve basically tried to buy up a premiership (credit to their recruitment work), but its unsustainable, Reynolds & Inglis have to be 1million+ each, then 4xBurgess, Luke and quite a few others before dropping into the 2nd tier which is still pretty chockers.

Minh

First Grade
You'd never know my dad's a souths fan. white collar job, white collar demeanour; everything points to him being a latte sipping easts fan (loves his coffee too). I personally don't understand the hate we have for souths. I just find it hard to hate a team that's been in the pits for so long. Someone please explain it to me!

I feel sorry for your dad and the likes of some of the better supporters like Big Sam at Souths, but it's the few who come into the forums and troll that make me dislike Souths so much when I used to feel sorry for them years ago. On top of that the arrogance of Russell Crowe at times is not my cup of tea.

Nick - my heart goes out to your dad. There are many supporters like him. They are the real deal. Deserve a reward.

Mate, i thought for weeks you were my son posting here on the forum!!! I live here in Germany, we Skype regularly and his name is Nick too. We're great mates and went to Dragons games together for years and years. I miss him. You sound exactly like him, he's a big fan of the EPL ...but i sure ain't no bunnies fan! There's the new breed of fans there I think came with Russell - arrogant dickheads.

Puff

First Grade
Nick - my heart goes out to your dad. There are many supporters like him. They are the real deal. Deserve a reward.

Mate, i thought for weeks you were my son posting here on the forum!!! I live here in Germany, we Skype regularly and his name is Nick too. We're great mates and went to Dragons games together for years and years. I miss him. You sound exactly like him, he's a big fan of the EPL ...but i sure ain't no bunnies fan! There's the new breed of fans there I think came with Russell - arrogant dickheads.

The new fans remind me of what happened at Chelsea when Romaan came long.

saints4ever

First Grade
Most of my extended family are souffs fans. For them only I would like to see them win. B4 2006 I had a soft spot for them. They worked hard to get back in where they rightly belong.

But then something happened. What was needed and necessary for the bunnies to be competitive but in turn made the majority of other team's fans openly hate them. Russel Crowe. The maximus thumb vs the roosters, the b grade celebrities wearing Souths gear for a photo op, the video message pep talks pre game vs the Knights on the set of Robin Hood, ugly armani suits, promises of a party at the playboy mansion ig they won a comp, and then the topper. Their fans.

The behavior of general Souths fans before Crowe took over and after is astonishing. From being glad to be back to feeling the entire comp owed them a sacrifice just for the privilege of watching them play. This was diluted some what during the last run of Jason Taylor, then they signed Inglis and macguire, and what do you know here we go again. You must love Souths, pride of the league, the people's team. My arse.

I do feel for genuine good natured Souths fans like my family and nicks dad, but in saying thst f**k Souths. Hopefully their tears will taste sweet until they learn some humility and realize they are no better nthsn anyone else just because their owner has Oscars. They are a part of a comp and deserve nothing more or less thsn anyone else

Minh

First Grade
It's a reality check for some of the bad supporters and owners alike who had tickets on the team to win the comp and went off to early thinking it was in the bag. These things are hard to win and even harder to win with a big hoodoo on your back. It will take a monstrous effort to back it up week in week out again next year after the last two seasons two heart breaking prelim losses. They have been such a strong and committed team and a real threat, this must have been heart breaking for the true supporters who stay humble and sensible and a slice of humble pie for the arrogant ones.

LOYAL DRAGON

First Grade
lol@souths back line was exposed big time, Inglis Doesn't look fit and wont be surprised if he goes under the knife, the south wingers and centers weren't up to it.
Dylan Farrell Droping the ball at will and my wife says, Is that the guy coming over to us, I said yep, will have no trouble fitting in:lol:

Having said That BARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA BREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAATTTTTTHHHH aahhhhhh