What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

We want Tomkins!

Richardson better pull some strings if we are unable to reel Sandow back in and work with Maguire also. Finch is a significant downgrade to Sandow and Gower is even more of a downgrade. Contracts in the ESL mean dirt and can be easily broken. Sam Tomkins is the only man that could be gettable that would be a reasonably large patch to cover up the Imminent Sandow loss.

BunniesMan

Immortal
Buy buy buy... Whatever happened to Souths Juniors?
3 of our juniors have made their debut this season. That's more than the Panthers (with their supposedly formidable junior base) have had in the last 2 years.

Look at our backline last night. All of them except Inglis and Sandow are our juniors, and Sandow made his debut with us.

We develop and play as many juniors as any other club, and more than most.

And we need to buy a halfback if Sandow goes because our next halfback, Adam Reynolds (another junior!) suffered a season ending injury at the start of this season. It would be irresponsible to put him in 1st grade rd 1 2012. We need a short term solution until he's ready to try and take his opportunity.

That's why the club is looking at a veteran like Finch or Gower to hold the fort for a year or two until Reynolds is ready. We don't want to throw him in too early or it'll slow his development, just like with Sandow.

Mattyoh

Juniors
Richardson better pull some strings if we are unable to reel Sandow back in and work with Maguire also. Finch is a significant downgrade to Sandow and Gower is even more of a downgrade. Contracts in the ESL mean dirt and can be easily broken. Sam Tomkins is the only man that could be gettable that would be a reasonably large patch to cover up the Imminent Sandow loss.

What planet do you live on where we can't afford Sandow but we can
Tomkins?

Get off the drugs and think before you post more dribble.

What planet do you live on where we can't afford Sandow but we can
Tomkins?

Get off the drugs and think before you post more dribble.

Uhh, aren't you a massive goose mate.

I was stating the club needs to make a play for Tomkins, I don't care where the money comes from he is the only option that can patch Sandow's exit. Richardson is the one who f**ked up in the first place so he better fix it or at least accomodate for Sandow. Tomkins wouldn't command 400k that is what the Eels are offering Sandow. We made Sandow an offer and also a counter-offer so just think mate if Sandow hasn't made his mind up yet our offer was probably an improvement on what he is on now it's just the Eels have money to spend. He would of signed with Parramatta earlier then this if the Sandow offer was an average figure.

Chances are we'd be able to make Tomkins a half attractive offer, somewhere in the vicinity of 250-300k.

Jimmy Smooth

Juniors
Luke Stuarts (unfortuantly), Reese Wessers and if Sandow leaves, then we have a heap of money open up, Depends for how much and we could get a few of those boys from NYC to step up.

Galeforce

Bench
Luke Stuarts and Reese leaving are already factored into the BACKEND contracts
Before the season started and prior to Inglis backend , we already assumed that Souths COULD NOT sign all the folks whose contracts ended this year. Fact that we have signed ALL but Sandow is pretty good. However i do not see any free money for next year , unless the CAP is increased soon ( which i expect when the TV rights are closed , as they should be a large increase in $$ to NRL and therefore clubs) or if Crocker can find another club for 2012 for same or more money ( and he wants to go).

As for the Richo stuffing up Sandow , the blamers are at it again. Merrit / Sutton / Sandow would have been offerred contracts all at the same time obviously balancing back to our cap $$. Merrit and Sutton closed earlier because they wanted to . Sandow may want to , however he is being offerred a lot more to shift.
I do not see this as Richo's fault.
If Richo would have started with Sandow first , we may be in same position with Sutton and Merrit also not closed and their values being pushed higher because of other clubs interest or "game playing".

Galeforce

Bench
i would believe the money we are prepared to offer Sandow is all we would have for Tomkins or any new half to the club.

Mattyoh

Juniors
Uhh, aren't you a massive goose mate.

I was stating the club needs to make a play for Tomkins, I don't care where the money comes from he is the only option that can patch Sandow's exit. Richardson is the one who f**ked up in the first place so he better fix it or at least accomodate for Sandow. Tomkins wouldn't command 400k that is what the Eels are offering Sandow. We made Sandow an offer and also a counter-offer so just think mate if Sandow hasn't made his mind up yet our offer was probably an improvement on what he is on now it's just the Eels have money to spend. He would of signed with Parramatta earlier then this if the Sandow offer was an average figure.

Chances are we'd be able to make Tomkins a half attractive offer, somewhere in the vicinity of 250-300k.

Maybe Richardson could pull it out of his arse? We don't have the money champ. You're living in a dream world.

Latest posts