What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Webb V Williams?

Darth Bobo

Charlie Saab said:
oneill and skandalis will be leading the team out. They are the last reps of the tigers and mapgies pre merger.
Skandalis 1996-1999 west magpie
Oneill 1994-1999 balmain tiger

Heard that earlier in the week and couldn't be happier for the bloke, he's Balmain/Tigers through and through. :D

I'm know the Magpies side of the merger have the same soft spot for Skandalis so I expect a HUGE ROAR when the boys make thier way out.

Webbs defence was the grapple tackle, and if it did happen it wouldn't impair his judgement.

Williams defence was he was stunned by a high shot - which did happen. The high shot could inpair your judgement, and indeed I reckon he looked a bit groggy when he got up and then flattened O'Neill. Not much of an excuse, but much more legit than Webb's.

As much as they (the Ref's assoc, the judiciary & the NRL) say it is about intent & not injury, that is a load of Crap. O'Neill was out for ages, the media coverage went beserk, and Williams copped a hefty suspension. IMO his suspension was deserved.

Webbs shot didn't cause serious harm to Hoffman, which was his only saving grace. I reckon it was just as bad as far as intent was concerned and so by that rationale should receive the same penalty as Williams.

But i do agree with Charlie in that Williams really did unload a haymaker and looked a lot worse. Webbs intent was the same, but he stood there, lined hoffman up and bingo. Barretts punch wouldn't knock a pea off a chop. He held back and hit Marsh with the worst punch I've seen since primary school.

Webb deserved 10 minimum weeks for mine.

Everlovin' Antichrist said:
Milked it?

FFS Mike.....

And where did I say that EA.

Note Insanewhatsit didn't quote it.

Now we are getting to lies and inuendo.
Like I said whatever turns you guys on :roll:

innsaneink said:
[/b]
immature and biased???
LOL....and you say O'Neill milked it, yeh he milked it the next two or three weeks as well, missing those games an going fro brain scans along with all the headaches etc.
Youre pathetic.

And where did I say "O'Neill milked it" FFS your pathetic lying knows no boundries.

Fair call I could not find it.
But now I have

UndertakerMike said:
O'Niel layed down and milked it for all it was worth.

This was the most stupid thing I have ever wrote and totally take back (if I could) "and milked it for all it was worth" .

Darth Bobo

UndertakerMike said:
Fair call I could not find it.
But now I have

This was the most stupid thing I have ever wrote and totally take back (if I could) "and milked it for all it was worth" .

See how easy regret is to show when you KNOW you've done the wrong thing......I'm amazed, you've prove yourself to be one rung above Williams.

simon says

First Grade
Mike....you have been owned like never before......I am laughing my head off,the biggest ownership of all time....you abolsute owned tool....milked it.....LMAO...and then the denial...

Ahhhhh,thank you so much.....made my day.

You have been owned also Simple Simon only you are unable to realise that.
I'm glad that forum gives you so much joy :D

have a nice Friday.

simon says

First Grade
OK,ill give him kudos for admitting it.....but gee he was giving it to us being one-sided etc,thats bitten him on his BIG behind.

UndertakerMike said:
I repeat There is no point persudaing immature biased pricks like yourself and like minded simpletons.
:lol:
^^^^^^This still stands.^^^^^^

Look O'Niel couldn't even walk to the bench after the incident.So to say that he milked it at the time, on the field is dead set wrong. I have no problems admitting to that.

innsaneink

Referee
UndertakerMike said:
^^^^^^This still stands.^^^^^^

Look O'Niel couldn't even walk to the bench after the incident.So to say that he milked it at the time, on the field is dead set wrong. I have no problems admitting to that.

This is also dead set wrong.

UndertakerMike said:
Williams apologised straight away and continues to regret the incident.

shadow grinder

First Grade
williams did write a apology to O' niel but later held back on giving it to him

after all o niel never apologised for the high shot and head slam.

God-King Dean

Immortal
UndertakerMike said:
Also another difference.
Williams apologised straight away and continues to regret the incident

Wrong. Williams at no point apoligised. He was quoted saying weeks fater the incident... "If I was going to apologise, I would have done it by now"

Back to topic... I think the extend of the suspension depends of the extend of the injury on the victim
eg. Marsh didn't get injured = Barrett 2 weeks
Webb injured the mouth of the victim = 6 weeks
O'Neill got KO'd = 18 weeks

I personally don't rate Webb any higher than Williams. He's always been a mug. He knows he could beat most in a fight & use that to bully. Just a plain wanker.

Nonny1980

Juniors
Let's not forget Williams had a bad record. What was Webb's record like? If he had the same record as Williams what would be the loading and ultimate suspension if he pleaded not guilty?

simon says

First Grade
shadow grinder said:
williams did write a apology to O' niel but later held back on giving it to him

after all o niel never apologised for the high shot and head slam.

Gawd....the idiots are multiplying.......what O Neill did happens nearly every game.....sheesh,if everyone had to apologise for a hard tackle thats highish.....crikey.

Williams never apologised(undertaker,please quit,surely you have embarrassed yerself enough for one day)....why would he.....he is an utter bonehead,Webb isnt much better.Instead of being a man and waiting for a good tackle to get his revenge,he took the soft option and went the king hit.

Its a dog act.....and anyone who has been king hit knows its not nice...no matter how hard.

Webbs defence was the grapple tackle, and if it did happen it wouldn't impair his judgement.

Crap his vision was probably blurred from lack of oxygen

Williams copped a hefty suspension. IMO his suspension was deserved.
yes
Webbs shot didn't cause serious harm to Hoffman, which was his only saving grace. I reckon it was just as bad as far as intent was concerned and so by that rationale should receive the same penalty as Williams.
& that cat Barrett had the same intent ,to hurt Marsh ....so he should have got the same as Williams
But i do agree with Charlie in that Williams really did unload a haymaker and looked a lot worse. Webbs intent was the same, but he stood there, lined hoffman up and bingo. Barretts punch wouldn't knock a pea off a chop. He held back and hit Marsh with the worst punch I've seen since primary school.
So ,, the intent was still there ... 10 weeks minimum is what barrett should have got ..
Webb deserved 10 minimum weeks for mine.[/QUOTE]

only if others who do the same get about the same penalty