What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Week 2 Finals: Chooks v Silvertails @ BB Print stadium Mackay 17/9/21

TheParraboy

Staff member
Surely every Eels fan from Toongabbie to Timbuktu cheering for the Roosters???

BB Print Stadium holds 12000
1500 seats in the stand

Fun Fact:
The ground once hosted over 10000 fans for a KISS concert

mackaystadium_inside_header_bg.jpg

TheParraboy

Staff member
I cant see why they dont use the 3 major Qld stadiums.

I think before the first week of finals they possibly were concerned S/E QLD would go to a snap lockdown?

Not sure thats soley the reason for taking games outback qld, but might have been better safe than sorry mentality. The tv revenue is far more important than risking games being canned. Be interesting if the cluster grows in Sunnybank , what they do with crowds for the GF, probably have a limit of 50% or 75% capacity maybe?

TheParraboy

Staff member
I'd be at C-Bus or Suncorp for sure for the Panthers Eels game if it was possible.
Perhaps I can be there for our Prelim against the Storm 😎

Id be so tempted to take a flight to Mackay on the morning/lunch time of the match if I was able, and either head back after the game or next morning. Be so worth it if we jagged a win.

King-Gutho94

Coach
I cant see why they dont use the 3 major Qld stadiums.
I think it provides better atmosphere.

Plus i think the rugby is on this week at suncorp and the crowds have been garbage in Brisbane and GC during the season after relocating for neutral games. I am not sure what the prices for tickets have been up there. But for a state that claims its a rugby league town and takes potshots at crowds in sydney it has been underwhelming.

Also think Brisbane could be on the verge of lockdown at any moment

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
I think before the first week of finals they possibly were concerned S/E QLD would go to a snap lockdown?

Not sure thats soley the reason for taking games outback qld, but might have been better safe than sorry mentality. The tv revenue is far more important than risking games being canned. Be interesting if the cluster grows in Sunnybank , what they do with crowds for the GF, probably have a limit of 50% or 75% capacity maybe?

Yep. Trying to steer clear of SE Qld.

Shame that Cairns hasn't had a couple of games. Barlow Park is a better venue than Rockhampton by a long way.

Bandwagon

Staff member
As much as I dislike Manly, I'd prefer to see them win over the Chooks. The whole adversity thing of not being able to field a team completely packed with rep players and only having a dozen or so of them left fit in the squad is getting on my nerves, and every win makes the over the top media fawning about the bravery they display all the more detestable.

strider

Post Whore
Yeah im a bit over the chooks tho id still prefer them over most other teams if they do get past manly

My preference for premiers now would be

Eels
Hope the comp is cancelled
Manly
Roosters
Penrith
Souths
Hope the world blows up
Storm

TheParraboy

Staff member
Yet again, another one bites the dust for the Chooks

Sydney Roosters hit with NRL finals blow as Sam Verrills receives two-match suspension​

A Sydney Roosters NRL player holds the ball as he prepares to pass to his left.

Sam Verrills will only play again this season if the Roosters reach the grand final.(

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
so many people on social media blowing up about this, comparing this to Jnr Paulo and crying about Jnr not being suspended

red and blue blinkers,

Bandwagon

Staff member
so many people on social media blowing up about this, comparing this to Jnr Paulo and crying about Jnr not being suspended

red and blue blinkers,

The problem with comparisons being made to show inconsistency is that you need consistency in your comparison to begin with.

If you haven't got that, you're pissing into the wind.

Bandwagon

Staff member
Yet again, another one bites the dust for the Chooks

Sydney Roosters hit with NRL finals blow as Sam Verrills receives two-match suspension​

A Sydney Roosters NRL player holds the ball as he prepares to pass to his left.

Sam Verrills will only play again this season if the Roosters reach the grand final.(

So much adversity.................

eels_fan

First Grade
Eels
DAYLIGHT
Penrith
DAYLIGHT
Souths
Manly
10 YEARS OF DAYLIGHT
Roosters
Storm

Especially now that i have tickets to the GF.... if its Storm vs Roosters i'll be very annoyed haha

hindy111

Post Whore
Yeah im a bit over the chooks tho id still prefer them over most other teams if they do get past manly

My preference for premiers now would be

Eels
Hope the comp is cancelled
Manly
Roosters
Penrith
Souths
Hope the world blows up
Storm

You prefer Manly and Roosters over Penny?

TheParraboy

Staff member
If Roosters lose a couple more key players this Manly game, then Tedesco and a couple more go down v Souths

I think we would like to play them in the grand final tbh...