What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Week 2 Finals: Parra v Penrith GAME DAY THREAD @ Mackay 18/9/21

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Been thinking for a few days about this post and what I really want to say. I think it comes down to I get why Parra fans are upset; the officiating the other day was atrocious. And while I don’t think we were necessarily lucky to win, I can’t argue with any Parra fan that thinks they were unlucky to lose (probably even more so than any tight game).

It was a great game and hopefully will be remembered for that in the future.
It was a great game, and Penrith's defence was awesome. But we were definitely unlucky.

Anyway, if we had won I reckon we would've gotten belted next week, which is what I suspect will happen to Penrith.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
The way I seen the game after a replay.

Penriths defense was great.
Rcg was best forward
Most 50/50 calls went your way as did the luck.
Parra I felt where better side by a small amount but Stone 3 knock ons and a bad pass cost them along with N.Brown forcing a pass and W.Smith challenging a ball he raked.

Kikau come on and was garbage. Bad pass,penalty.

Critchon defense on wing and attack is not as good as at centre. I'm left scratching my head. He is a better player then Momo so why is he being moved to accommodate him? Ridiculous. Ealry in game Momo flicks a pass when close to scoring. But had Critchton been in centres he goes over and doesn't even need to pass.
I'd rather Naden on wing tbh and Momo out. You've weakened your best strike weapon in backline to fit Momo in. Its ridiculousl
Its because wing is a more important position than centre, and Momirovski isn't a winger.

hybrideel

Bench
So according to Annersely, the Stone "knock on" call was right. However I am almost positive that when Gutho asked to challenge the call, Klein said he couldn't because he called it a forward pass which can't be ruled on by the bunker.

Soren Lorenson

First Grade
So according to Annersely, the Stone "knock on" call was right. However I am almost positive that when Gutho asked to challenge the call, Klein said he couldn't because he called it a forward pass which can't be ruled on by the bunker.
This is true. Annesley talks out of his arse because the alternative is to roll over and conceed that they've turned it into a clown show. But as Andrew Webster says today in the herald, we shouldn't complain, we've done it to ourselves. Ffs.

Rocket man

Juniors
I watched the game again this morning.
Something I noticed when Fisher-Harris was taken off the ball by Niukore.
Penrith had dropped the ball and Parra had possession and were about to play the ball when Ashley Klein called time off. You see the Penrith trainer run onto the field to treat Fisher-Harris after the play was stopped.
Did the trainer request for the game to be stopped before assessing what was the injury to the player so bunker could review the play!
That is what it appears to me.

King-Gutho94

Coach
Here’s another issue not addressed, Gutho makes a big break, tackled by Chinman, as Gutho went to play the ball, the Chin pulled his leg to slow the play down,professional foul and sin bin most games.

2 minutes to go, penalty agst the Riff, ball is kicked 50 metres downfield, no penalty and even worse no time off which should happen. Klein let the clock run down to under a minute , plays were rushed and Junior knocks on trying to squeeze plays in. Professional interference by the Riff, ignored by Klein, no wonder most fans are just , really !

Annesley is a spin doctor these days.

There is more spin from annesley then what Warnie did to mike gatting back when he bowled him 1st ball in england

forby

Juniors
Did you notice that Moses had to reach behind himself to grab Burton before falling over to get the obstruction call?
no, of course not because it doesn’t fit your we was robbed theory. Both teams received shit calls, and they evened out over the course of the game. Trying to blame a trainer for the loss is just ridiculous!

Gronk

Staff member
Did you notice that Moses had to reach behind himself to grab Burton before falling over to get the obstruction call?
no, of course not because it doesn’t fit your we was robbed theory. Both teams received shit calls, and they evened out over the course of the game. Trying to blame a trainer for the loss is just ridiculous!
Cool story bro.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
just beat me to it, lol

Yeah, nothing to see here, it was all above board

Soren Lorenson

First Grade
The NRL built a rod for their own backs by allowing a trainer to have the power to stop play.

Clearly that power was abused because the player wasn't in danger and it was used as a game tactic.
Thats true, but there are also rules around how its supposed to happen and the officials blatantly disregarded those. All they had to say to the Penrith trainer was no. They have no spine.