What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Week 3 Finals: Storms v Ruffs + Silvertails v Rabbits

TheParraboy

Staff member
Bet we have all moved on and cant wait to be watching :p

Am still numb from last night , and the thought of one of these sides taking it out just as numbing

Storm and Souths to win, Only cause I cant see Penrith winning

And Souths to win the big one

Gazzamatta

Coach
Bet we have all moved on and cant wait to be watching :p

Am still numb from last night , and the thought of one of these sides taking it out just as numbing

Storm and Souths to win, Only cause I cant see Penrith winning

And Souths to win the big one
Hope you're right. I tipped Souths early but those couple of thrashings had me doubting myself.

TheParraboy

Staff member
Melbourne souths GF for me.

I can't cop manly winning there fans revel in our failure more then anyone i know.

And penrith have become a smug organization i hope the purple scumbags wipe the floor with them as punishment for going through next week

Can’t argue there, I have first hand experience yearly , multiple times

I have two relos (both married cousins of mine) and a Manly friend

All 3 horrid losers and just as bad winners. At any and every opportunity they put the boot into Parra

F..k Manly. Hope Souths belt them by 80.

Outside of football couple of them are decent blokes

hindy111

Post Whore
I'd like Panthers to win it. No interest in the Storm winning it.
Manly would be a good story for Turbo brothers. Souths I'd prefer over Storm.
I'd be suprised if it wasn't Souths vs Storm and Storm winning by 30

hindy111

Post Whore
Can't see Panfers winning

They have great defense. We beat the Storm. They had the Manly game handed to them.
Don't let one game change a season. Id expect Storm to win also but wouldn't be shocked if Penrith beat them. They are a very good side.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Bored Episode 15 GIF by The Simpsons

King-Gutho94

Coach
While our issue seems to be getting past week 2.

Souths seem to have their battles getting through the prelim into a GF

There 7th prelim final since 2012 this week only won 1 of those games in 2014 they did go on though and win the comp that year.

If souths bow out this week should they have won more then 1 premiership since 2012 with 7 preliminary final appearances.

Cloeel

Juniors

There 7th prelim final since 2012 this week only won 1 of those games in 2014 they did go on though and win the comp that year.

If souths bow out this week should they have won more then 1 premiership since 2012 with 7 preliminary final appearances.

If Souths fail to get through this weekend - would you say Bennett has had a successful tenure at South Sydney?

Still can't believe they are letting Reynolds go and have brought Milford in (although i understand Milford may play a more utility type role off the bench - not necessarily a straight swap for Reynolds at 7)

King-Gutho94

Coach
If Souths fail to get through this weekend - would you say Bennett has had a successful tenure at South Sydney?

Still can't believe they are letting Reynolds go and have brought Milford in (although i understand Milford may play a more utility type role off the bench - not necessarily a straight swap for Reynolds at 7)
Thats a tricky one with bennett i would say just a pass mark even if they lose as 3 years of top 4 finishes is still an achievement something we would love but definitely a 7/10 if they have a GF appearance. Because i cant see them winning it if they get there and its against the storm.

I suppose are souths fans more tolerable and content with it because they won a comp in 2014 when many thought they would never see them win a comp again. They had there sugar hit and are happy to float around top 4 even and stay relevant yet fall short.

They have had a sustained finals appearances for a decade just haven't broken through for another premiership they probably should have at least another GF appearance.

I agree about Reynolds they are crazy to have let him go who is going to control the team walker and milford are players that should just roam and do their own thing leave all the organisation to the number 7.

If cody walker is organising the team around the park next year souths are in massive trouble

Gazzamatta

Coach

Maybe get Madge back?

Gazzamatta

Coach

The Milf is in a wee bit of trouble this morning.

King-Gutho94

Coach
Maybe get Madge back?
Madge is done as a coach i think. The way the tigers are treating him is disgraceful though. But his reputation has taken a massive hit.

He hasn't won a final since the 2014 GF.

And hasn't made the finals as a coach since 2015 when souths came 7th and bowed out meekly in week 1. And then his past 5 seasons as a head coach he hasnt made the finals.

Gazzamatta

Coach
Madge is done as a coach i think. The way the tigers are treating him is disgraceful though. But his reputation has taken a massive hit.

He hasn't won a final since the 2014 GF.

And hasn't made the finals as a coach since 2015 when souths came 7th and bowed out meekly in week 1. And then his past 5 seasons as a head coach he hasnt made the finals.
In what universe was it a good idea for The Tigpies to expose their club and Coach like they did on Fox. In my mind it destroyed much credibility. It would have been known what the cameras were likely to capture. It has probably destroyed Madges career.

King-Gutho94

Coach
In what universe was it a good idea for The Tigpies to expose their club and Coach like they did on Fox. In my mind it destroyed much credibility. It would have been known what the cameras were likely to capture. It has probably destroyed Madges career.

Yeah there are pro's and cons i really enjoyed the documentary on the Australian cricket team on Amazon prime they did for the 12 months from sandpaper gate to the Ashes.

The scene where usman khawaja stood up to justin langer in dubai at training was intense and great stuff. I was also in the UK for the 1st half of the ashes in 2019 so i was intrigued to see behind the scenes of that tour as when your on holidays you stay out of news cycle and miss out on a couple of things.

The tigers probably thought it was good idea to put the team on the map a bit more try and entice new fans especially kids who were still picking what team they wanted to follow and get a fairytale ending on making the finals for the 1st time in a decade.

I only saw the first episode so i havent watched the whole thing but in that one moses mbye daughter is sitting in there on his lap after a game while 3 metres away madge is swearing and carrying on to the playing group and i thought why on earth would Mbye have his daughter in there anyway for that and what do you get about ranting and raving straight after a game.

I reckon Bennett did it best eariler this year when said nothing to them after souths got flogged in dubbo other then see you all at training on tuesday

TheParraboy

Staff member
Yeah there are pro's and cons i really enjoyed the documentary on the Australian cricket team on Amazon prime they did for the 12 months from sandpaper gate to the Ashes.

The scene where usman khawaja stood up to justin langer in dubai at training was intense and great stuff. I was also in the UK for the 1st half of the ashes in 2019 so i was intrigued to see behind the scenes of that tour as when your on holidays you stay out of news cycle and miss out on a couple of things.

The tigers probably thought it was good idea to put the team on the map a bit more try and entice new fans especially kids who were still picking what team they wanted to follow and get a fairytale ending on making the finals for the 1st time in a decade.

I only saw the first episode so i havent watched the whole thing but in that one moses mbye daughter is sitting in there on his lap after a game while 3 metres away madge is swearing and carrying on to the playing group and i thought why on earth would Mbye have his daughter in there anyway for that and what do you get about ranting and raving straight after a game.

I reckon Bennett did it best eariler this year when said nothing to them after souths got flogged in dubbo other then see you all at training on tuesday

The ashes test doco shits all over the Tigers one IMO

I reckon that creepy tigers CEO Pascoe saw some easy coin and thought it would be a good idea financially..