What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Week 3: Preliminary finals 21/9-22/9 2018

Eelogical

Referee
Both games this weekend haven't really reached any heights. On a side note, all the teams have dropped out in succession (to this point) based on their position going into the finals. Come in money spinner.

Eelectrica

Referee
Trent Robinson is a tactical genius. Roosters had no right to win this game.
They're gonna win the GF. No doubt.

Eelogical

Referee
Ah ffs. Right decision by Reynolds though.
Yep. But, Souths have fallen to the fatigue syndrome like the Sharks did last night. The other finals games before them were only setting them up for the big fall. I thought Souths were a chance tonight but I concede to having stupid thoughts at times.

Eelogical

Referee
Trent Robinson is a tactical genius. Roosters had no right to win this game.
They're gonna win the GF. No doubt.
I'm confused. Why didn't the Roosters have a right to win this game? Minor premiers, that should count for something. As far as winning the GF is concerned, it's a 50/50.

Eelogical

Referee
If they get to suspend Friend then it might just make it a bit easier to suspend Billy too.

smith-jt.jpg

Eelementary

Post Whore
Well it obviously isn't enough of a deterrent or he wouldn't have done it. And for the third time, I have never said that Slater should play. He broke the rules as they currently exist and should receive the applicable punishment.
Since when did stamping out grubby play in the lead up to a grand final become an issue? Or is it more that people don't like Slater (I sure don't), and don't want to see an exception made for him to complete this bullshit fairytale? Which is an entirely different argument.
My point is simply that different games have different values. To use a number of games suspension as a punishment, as though they all have equal value, is nonsensical to me.

I disagree.

While a Grand Final is a more important match than a regular season game, committing an act of foul play, which would ordinarily result in a one-match ban during the regular season, in a Grand Final Qualifier should still incur the same penalty.

If you don't want to miss the Grand Final, then play by the rules.

In my opinion, an offence should carry the same penalty weight, regardless of when it occurs - otherwise, how does it serve as a deterrent (which is the whole point of suspensions in the first place)?

I disagree.

While a Grand Final is a more important match than a regular season game, committing an act of foul play, which would ordinarily result in a one-match ban during the regular season, in a Grand Final Qualifier should still incur the same penalty.

If you don't want to miss the Grand Final, then play by the rules.

In my opinion, an offence should carry the same penalty weight, regardless of when it occurs - otherwise, how does it serve as a deterrent (which is the whole point of suspensions in the first place)?
To me it isn't the same penalty, because all games aren't worth the same. Missing a finals game or an origin is a much greater penalty than missing a regular season game. So you can say they're both missing "a game" so it's fair but IMO it isn't. I remember a few years ago someone got suspended at the end of the season for a number of games and were allowed to count missed trial games as 'games'...just as nonsensical.
It's all good mate, I've had this rant before and I know my opinion is in the minority.

Latest posts