What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Week 3: Preliminary finals 21/9-22/9 2018

Eelogical

Referee
Only if played their best footy for 80 mins. They did that once all season so ost likely NO.
I reckon would of given storm more trouble then Sharks
To be fair, it would have taken a fully focused, well prepared, mistake free team to have beaten Melbourne tonight. Penrith most likely would have given away a big lead and tried to run them down like they did against other teams quite a few times this year. I don't think they would have got a sniff, tonight.

Gronk

Staff member
If he gets off the NRL is corrupt. He should have been binned and even a possible penalty try given. Feki popped his shoulder from it and never returned.
Agree. We all know what the refs would have done if thst was the Eels. Penalty try. Sin bin.

Meanwhile merkins are lobbying this morning that he not be charged bc its his last game etc.

You watch. He’ll be fine $1k and allowed to play.

Avenger

Immortal
It’s just fitting if he gets rubbed out. Him and Smith are the biggest grubs in the game.
No wonder they can’t get along.

hindy111

Post Whore
Agree. We all know what the refs would have done if thst was the Eels. Penalty try. Sin bin.

Meanwhile merkins are lobbying this morning that he not be charged bc its his last game etc.

You watch. He’ll be fine $1k and allowed to play.

I want Billy to play. It was a guy putting his body on the line and giving his all to help his team win with a last ditch effort. Imagine that attitude at the eels. It was not dangerous and not worth missing a grand final for.
Id go as far as saying a player should not miss a GF for a 1 or 2 game suspension. Perhaps a 3 game then yes. Same as semi finals. As a spectator I want to see the best players.
The suspension should carry to following season or if leaving club perhaps the option of $10k for each week as a fine.

hindy111

Post Whore
And on the penalty give away and 30 second breaknnin attack zone.
Want to stop it? Simple you dont blow the whistle. Let the team finish the set and then you blow it or signal extra 5 tackles. It is a deliberate tactic that must be rubbed out. Good defensive teams are happy to cop 1 on the 2nd tackle.
I am sure if nothing happend till a new set of 6 at end of set it would be harder to defend. It is a real stain on game. To give away a penalty on purpose to benefit yourself. Almost cheating.

T.S Quint

Coach
I want Billy to play. It was a guy putting his body on the line and giving his all to help his team win with a last ditch effort. Imagine that attitude at the eels. It was not dangerous and not worth missing a grand final for.
Id go as far as saying a player should not miss a GF for a 1 or 2 game suspension. Perhaps a 3 game then yes. Same as semi finals. As a spectator I want to see the best players.
The suspension should carry to following season or if leaving club perhaps the option of $10k for each week as a fine.

In order to do that they will have to change the rules.
As it stands now, the tackle is illegal, it’s worth 200 points, and he should be suspended.

emjaycee

Coach
And on the penalty give away and 30 second breaknnin attack zone.
Want to stop it? Simple you dont blow the whistle. Let the team finish the set and then you blow it or signal extra 5 tackles. It is a deliberate tactic that must be rubbed out. Good defensive teams are happy to cop 1 on the 2nd tackle.
I am sure if nothing happend till a new set of 6 at end of set it would be harder to defend. It is a real stain on game. To give away a penalty on purpose to benefit yourself. Almost cheating.
So you mean play the advantage and call the penalty when the attacking team loses the advantage (i.e. last tackle or they score). Sounds like something Rugby Union would do.

Gronk

Staff member
The definition of a shoulder charge has been changed for the 2017 Telstra Premiership to make it clearer and simpler for fans and players.

As part of a change to the Judiciary and Match Review system, a player will be charged if:

• The contact is forceful, and;
• The player did not use, or attempt to use, his arms (including his hands) to tackle or otherwise take hold of the opposing player.

NRL Head of Football Brian Canavan said the amendment clarified and simplified the definition of a shoulder charge.

https://www.nrl.com/news/2017/02/04/nrl-statement-on-shoulder-charge/

hindy111

Post Whore
So you mean play the advantage and call the penalty when the attacking team loses the advantage (i.e. last tackle or they score). Sounds like something Rugby Union would do.

Last night sharks close to line had momentum and looked to have the advantage.
Melbourne force a penalty and momentum stops. Melbourne take the advantage away from illegal play. It isnt just storm it is every team. If you knew the play wouldnt stop and penalty given after the set is over they would stop using the blip in system.I am sure a defense having to defend 8 tackles with a 35 second rest is better then 6 with no rest and back pedaling