What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Welcome back boys..

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Well after Willie Tonga's signing just recently, it got me thinking how many ex Parra players have returned to this great club they sorely missed. I can probably go back to 1997 when Brian Smith first took over.

1997: Jason Bell (Souths and I think Norths as well)
1998: Dave Penna (Souths), Dallas Weston (Norths)
2001: Michael Buettner (after a stint with the Bears)
2003: Steve Crouch (after stints with Manly and Nth Eagles)
2004: Eric Grothe JR (Roosters)
2005: PJ Marsh (Warriors), Chad Robinson (Roosters)
2007: Ian Hindmarsh (Canberra and Catalans)
2010: Timana Tahu (Union)
2011: Casey McGuire (Catalans, Broncos)

Next year it will be Tonga as well as Tautai.

Eels Dude

Coach
Well after Willie Tonga's signing just recently, it got me thinking how many ex Parra players have returned to this great club they sorely missed. I can probably go back to 1997 when Brian Smith first took over.

1997: Jason Bell (Souths and I think Norths as well)
1998: Dave Penna (Souths), Dallas Weston (Norths)
2001: Michael Buettner (after a stint with the Bears)
2003: Steve Crouch (after stints with Manly and Nth Eagles)
2004: Eric Grothe JR (Roosters)
2005: PJ Marsh (Warriors), Chad Robinson (Roosters)
2007: Ian Hindmarsh (Canberra and Catalans)
2010: Timana Tahu (Union)
2011: Casey McGuire (Catalans, Broncos)

Next year it will be Tonga as well as Tautai.

It's also worthwhile considering how useful those guys were on return and how long they were useful for...

I think out of all those players you've mentioned, by the time we got them back most of there duds. Surely there isn't anyone out there still cheering we got Steve Crouch back?

hineyrulz

Post Whore
It's also worthwhile considering how useful those guys were on return and how long they were useful for...

I think out of all those players you've mentioned, by the time we got them back most of there duds. Surely there isn't anyone out there still cheering we got Steve Crouch back?
PJ,Grothe,Chad and Ian Hindy all went alright for us.

Iz_an_eel

Juniors
up the eels, damn im geed for next season, cant bloody wait, lets hope its alot better then this one!

penna was a sensation in the lower grades one of the best juniors i have seen but didn't make the same impact in 1st grade.
Micky Buettner was great in 2001. Jnr Guru was great on his return.
Don't remember Jason Bell coming back. Bell was a bit like Penna great in the lower grades but never made the impact in 1st grade.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
John Mannah could be the next prodigal son.

Jayson Cayless was the big one that got away, shame we couldn't get him back.

carson

Juniors
What about the bear...surely he would be the best of the players that left and came back!!!

PARRA_FAN

Coach
What about the bear...surely he would be the best of the players that left and came back!!!

Thats one of the best ones.

Left Parramatta in the 70s before they made their first Grand Final, went to Penrith and Easts, then came back in 1980 to help us to our first premiership the following year.

Latest posts