What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Well done NSW

Didgi

For a terrific series. A couple of minor things go your way and you guys win. Blame the refs or poor selections or whatever some of you want to do, but you were in it pretty much to the last and quite a few NSW players can hold their heads high - more than in past years at least. Overall, it was thoroughly entertaining.

The nature of Origin, what it means to both sides (some might say passion, but that's a dirty word around here) means bad losers and bad winners are part and parcel of the game. Not all of us though - and don't confuse defending our team for being a bad winner.

Suck it NSW you dirty cockroach androtrops :sarcasm::sarcasm:

Seriously, well done on a much improved effort. I look forward to your renewed hope next year and hopefully another entertaining series with a happy ending.

Desert Qlder

First Grade
Farah, Lewis, J. Morris, B. Stewart, Grant can all hold their head high.

Farah was an inspiration even to a Queenslander. Please do not make him skipper as it will be difficult to hate him.

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
Indeed. That last game was a nail biter and the NSW team have come a long way from the 2010 clean sweep.

Joker's Wild

Coach
As a NSW fan I appreciate the good sportsmanship shown in there. Cheers fellas

You'd think Id get sick of the punishment investing so much emotion into 3 games brings when you support a 7 year losing team but I still love it, perhaps even more because of it.

Funny how you can both love and hate a thing so much, all at the same time

Eelectrica

Referee
This series is what origin is supposed to be. Every game still on the line with 10 to go.
The decider swing both ways all night.

If Origin was in danger of dieing, this series has to brought it back to life.

Loudstrat

Coach
Agree with Jokers. Its like having an obsession for root canal therapy. Yet take the crap away and you have sport at it's highest level.

Thank you DQ and Frank for being gracious in victory.

Big Pete

Referee
You guys have got nothing to be ashamed of.

Brave effort last night against a determined Qld side and you nearly pulled it off. Was a brilliant game of Rugby League, the best in years.

Let's do it again next year.

Hutty1986

Immortal
Good on you Didge & Grimesy. Us Blues fans are suckers for punishment.

Ah well, we'll be back cheering harder than ever next year

Edit: Pete too!

PARRA_FAN

Coach
As a NSW fan I was proud of the way some of the boys played and they can hold their heads up and should definately be in Origin regardless of form, guys like Bird, Lewis, Farah, Morris twins, Hayne, Grant and Tamou.

I liked what Ricky said that we're close to beating a very good Queensland team and can only get better.

Ok we've lost the series again, but I wont be changing the team much, except Pearce, Creagh and Scott should :arrow:.

Get another two forwards with plenty of muscle and go forward, guys like Sims, Woods, Lehroyd Lahs.

gUt

Coach
We can argue all year (and we do) about who's to blame for a series loss but when you boil it down these teams seem to be getting closer every match. Congrats on giving this state a genuine scare - most people I spoke to seemed convinced NSW got dis.

Next season's SOO is going to be f**king massive dudes.

Knightmare

Coach
Noted. Worst possible person to fumble that ball was Farah, considering the past month he's had. If it'd happened to a merkin like Ennis I would have seen the humour in it. I feel bittersweet about it today. The most important thing for NSW this series was knowing they went toe to toe with Qld and were in with a shot until the very last minute. The problem was, they were THAT close to doing it.

Not sure how they'll go next year, Games 1 and 3 are at Suncorp. Hopefully they come out blasting, get an upset in Brisbane then finish the job at home in front of a sellout crowd...

Jason Maher

Immortal
As f**king hard as it is to take a 7th loss in row (and I've had an absolute gutfull of heartbreaking losses in recent times, not just in league), thanks for the sentiment guys. This may sound silly, but I really do appreciate it. In about 6 months time I might have got over it enough to return the complement. ;-)

Ron's_Mate

Bench
I think whether we are Qld or NSW we can all appreciate what a great series it is. I can cop getting beaten year after year when it is by such a great team. Don't like losing & I was screaming at the TV last night, but I can cop it because it is such a great sport. On the bright side, most of the best up and comers for NSW debuted this year, so as far as they are personally concerned they have only lost the one series and not by much. In other words they won't be walking around feeling like seven year losers, they will be feeling like players who know they have a real shot next year.