What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Well done NSW

Charlie124

First Grade
Bitterness aside, NSW winning was probably good timing. Origin is flying at incredible heights and restoring the rivalry on equal terms will maintain that momentum into the future. It's time for the next generation of QLD to make their mark.

Milford, McG, Copley and Hunt should all debut next year. Slater, Tate and Thurston seriously need to consider their rep future.

Congratulations, this may well be the dumbest statement I've ever read about any subject. Ever.

Joker's Wild

Coach
Well in Pete. Its a fantastic feeling right now

I thought Qld were excellent for the most part, shutting down Hayne and smashing in defence. Frustration clearly got them in the end but I was nervous down to the last nano second of the game

davi

Juniors
Bitterness aside, NSW winning was probably good timing. Origin is flying at incredible heights and restoring the rivalry on equal terms will maintain that momentum into the future. It's time for the next generation of QLD to make their mark.

Milford, McG, Copley and Hunt should all debut next year. Slater, Tate and Thurston seriously need to consider their rep future.

I think it's too soon to start rebuilding- to say after one series loss that it's end of an era is premature.

PhilGould

Bench
Congratulations, this may well be the dumbest statement I've ever read about any subject. Ever.
I have no doubt they'll all be back next year, except for Tate. But JT has been horrendous this series. Slater is a great player but he's holding back QLD by staying there and keeping GI in the centres.

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
I think it's too soon to start rebuilding- to say after one series loss that it's end of an era is premature.

I wouldn't say so. The Blues have confidence now, coming off a series victory. Not only that but their side is youthful, at least compared to ours. There is a real fear that some of the current crop will play on too long.

I only mentioned Tate because of his injury. He was playing great.

ek999

First Grade
I have no doubt they'll all be back next year, except for Tate. But JT has been horrendous this series. Slater is a great player but he's holding back QLD by staying there and keeping GI in the centres.

Slater at fullback with Inglis at centre shits all over Inglis at fullback and any of the other centre options

Charlie124

First Grade

Horrendous? Please. He lost his halves partner to a broken arm in game one and while he didn't have a good game by his own very high standards, he played ok.

Tonight he and smith were in everything and I thought they both played very well. I think qld were the better team tonight but nsw were just better in the clutch moment when it mattered. Hardly a poor game.

gUt

Coach
Why did Smith put that nothing kick in on tackle three with time on the clock and in good field position?

Misanthrope

Staff member
It certainly won't go down as the best example of rugby league as an attacking spectacle ever, but it was a gritty and defensively intense game and that's what Origin can sometimes be.

Thanks for the kind words, Pete. Feels bloody good to be able to finally be happy after an Origin series instead of be depressed. It's been a long time.

isaiah

Bench
Good on ya Pete. Same to Grimesy, Shorty, Gut, and any other genuine Qld fans on here.
Congratulations on a truly magnificent streak that will most likely never be broken. What an incredible side this Maroons team is.

9 long years us Blues fans have waited for this, 7 of which I've been with my proudly-Maroon missus! So pumped right now, work will be a struggle tomorrow!
thanks for the generous words about the last 8 series. congrats on this series win. enjoy. well deserved. just hope we can see and hear some real leadership from your captain now.

You a good guy to chat with one here but dude.................

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
You a good guy to chat with one here but dude.................

Dude, I do not take it back. They're great players but they will not be that good forever. Slater is already slowing down. Why would we persist with them when we have perfectly legit, younger players ready to go?

Milford may not be ready yet, I grant you that, but JT has had an absolute flog of a series.

Dude, I do not take it back. They're great players but they will not be that good forever. Slater is already slowing down. Why would we persist with them when we have perfectly legit, younger players ready to go?

Milford may not be ready yet, I grant you that, but JT has had an absolute flog of a series.

That wasn't really his fault. He had to work with an injured Greg Inglis outside him, a half back on one leg beside him and a shit house forward pack that would have gotten exposed much earlier on had it not been for QLD's incredible backl ine, BTW Hayne was invisible on attack tonight as well. It wasn't really a night for the backs. Slater you could maybe make an argument for, and that's a BIG maybe but Thurston is the best player in the world.

Someone

Bench
Well done QLD on the last 8 years. You've been great to watch and great to hate. 8 in a row is something i dont think will ever be repeated, or any team will come close to again.

Carn the Blues!!

I still think if both teams went into next years origin with the same players QLD would be favourites to win it. They are such a champion side and still have a heap of footy left in them. 10 in a row might not be possible but to win 9 out of the last ten, which is what they'll attempt to achieve next year, is out of this world.

Dragon2010

First Grade
8 long years of starring down the barrel of defeat and so far this series everytime there has been a contest, NSW have risen to the occasion.

There were two opportunities where if this was the NSW team of the past 8 years, Queensland would have scored no problem. The first being DCE where a desperate Reynolds had the presence of mind to get boot to ball. The second of course being Hayne's strip of the ball on Thaiday over the line. Big plays and the difference between both teams on the occasion.

You've waited 8 years, enjoy the spoils.

Cheers, Pete. Good to see some people with class (Counts for both sides). I had many QLD'ers walk up to me post-game and say congratulations, I had a few who who said "We won 8 straight, 1 series is nothing".

Big plays made the difference, and QLD never once gave-up the entire match. For that, I give them credit. If this was the NSW teams of previous, you guys would've scored those tries. Not to also mention McQueen dropping the ball handed by Hodges as well.

I am actually happy for them, now Origin goes to new territory next year.

Expect some more from NSW now that they know how to win.

The NSW fans that are complacent, and happy won't be as bad. It's the ones who take it too far that will be painful, I'm enjoying the win and happy of it, but am by no means rubbing it in anyones face.

NSW also have a host of new young players rising through the ranks. The future and longevity of Origin and elite players looks broad and lively.

Congrats Blues, deserved winners and we are all set to go again next year. Can't wait.

Cheers, gut.

Horrendous? Please. He lost his halves partner to a broken arm in game one and while he didn't have a good game by his own very high standards, he played ok.

Tonight he and smith were in everything and I thought they both played very well. I think qld were the better team tonight but nsw were just better in the clutch moment when it mattered. Hardly a poor game.

I think Thurston just got a bit shaky under the pressure. Not having his natural halves partner would no doubt hurt. I would've been much less confident of a NSW win, should Cronk had been on the field.

Well done QLD on the last 8 years. You've been great to watch and great to hate. 8 in a row is something i dont think will ever be repeated, or any team will come close to again.

Carn the Blues!!

I still think if both teams went into next years origin with the same players QLD would be favourites to win it. They are such a champion side and still have a heap of footy left in them. 10 in a row might not be possible but to win 9 out of the last ten, which is what they'll attempt to achieve next year, is out of this world.

^This. While we might've won this series, you guys have been the true benchmark and dominated for many, many years.

lockyno1

Post Whore
NSW deserved the win, played better when it mattered. Qld didn't help themselves. Slater being fit was the worst thing for Qld in Game 2.

Latest posts