What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Well done, the Bunnies.

lol. It was a great day and a good win but there is still a hell of a lot of water to go under the bridge before we start talking about finals football. The Roosters will bounce back. They have a very solid team and a lot of pride. That loss yesterday will not sit nicely with them. I expect that they will bounce back in the coming weeks. Souths will also invariably go through the odd rough patch this season. Hopefully we both come out the tunnel and into the finals at the end. There is one old saying that fits yesterday perfectly for us Souths fans.

One swallow does not make a Summer! It sure does make for one hell of a night though.

By round 5 or 6 we will have a better indication of where things are at though. One thing I can say with confidence is that if the Dogs and the Rabbits can win a few more before we meet in a few weeks time, there will be ONE HELL of a crowd for that game. I also think that the game between us and Parra this weekend should have a big crowd also.

Murphdogg1

Juniors
Was at the game. Wonderful atmosphere.

Souths looked terrific - very accurate with everything they did.

It is often talked about that the key positions in order to be successful are 9,7,6,1

Well with

9 - Luke
7 - Sandow/Wing
6 - Sutton
1 - Wesser

That is one talented axis.

Should be fun to watch all year. Wish they played their games at SFS though....

aussies1st

Staff member
Good win Souths, I don't know why you guys moved Sutton to lock last season as he was killing it the season before at 5/8.

melon....

Coach
Two things came out of tonights game that I predicted a few weeks ago

1--The chooks will finish close to the bottom, they lack real skill in the key postions, will graft a few wins out but will get blown off the park by the better sides

2--The rabbits will be the big improvers, they have youth skill in the key postions and a great pack and plenty of speed. They will finish top four or better if their no7 keeps healthy.
Be careful for what you wish. Whilst I agree, on that form Easts will go close to the spoon, I cant see that form holding for too long. Remember 2007, we didnt win a game until Round 7, looked hopeless and missed the 8 by a point.

Its a long season. And footy's a funny game. Yesterday everything Souffs touched came off, and Easts didnt even show up. Credit where its due, but Its a long season to be making bold statements after one round.

Dragon_psa

First Grade
Thanks for makiing my weekend Souths.

Couldn't have happened to a nicer club in the Goosters. ANZAC Day should hopefully be just as amusing for me.

Iafeta

Referee
I like the look of this South Sydney line up. I tipped them to win, and expected them do it comfortably, but not THAT comfortably. As murphdogg eluded to, they have a lot of class in key positions. Sandow is going to be a terrific player, John Sutton has a lot of class he's very natural, Rhys Wesser is quick and looks to be interested in his football again, and then you have Isaac Luke who'll bust anyone forever and a day. Add to that Craig Wing, and Dave Fa'alogo locking the scrum, powerful team.

The only weakness I think they have is David Kidwell. That bloke loves to give away a penalty. He must have given away about 4 yesterday, some on 4th and 5th tackles.

Thanks Souths for that performance, it reminded me of why I love rugby league. It was a refreshing approach to the game, and I anticipate a very strong season for you and the Canberra Raiders. Those two teams play rugby league with real flair.

Well done to souffs, however we were absolutely pathetic and made souffs look better than they really played.

You lot were solid in the trials, however I see some issues ahead of you with PING DING coming back.

Something has to give, and PING won't take it kindly coming off the bench. Easts had that problem a few seasons ago when Stuart was bringing him off the bench. His old man came out in the media and had a hissy fit (heart attack worthy) and all sh*tE hit the fan. PING snr will be heading over to redfern to give Jason Taylor a few handies in the back sheds to get his boy back into the starting lineup. I mean christ, we wouldnt want PING coming off the bench, that'll jeporadise his already "bleak" chances of playing origin/test matches :lol:

Souffs has improved though. But a top 8 team? Nah. Smashing us means little when we were so bloody woeful.

As for easts, we're rooted. Slow backrowers in the centre's, Brokeback Count, Ordinary wingers, and our pack will show us up like it did the dogs over the last couple of seasons. Too big, too slow. With the new ref system, we're going to get carved up far more. The only positive out of yesterday was that Setaimata Sa still gives me wood to this day. Thankfully we locked him up long term.

Nemesis

Bench
Well done to souffs, however we were absolutely pathetic and made souffs look better than they really played.

You lot were solid in the trials, however I see some issues ahead of you with PING DING coming back.

Something has to give, and PING won't take it kindly coming off the bench. Easts had that problem a few seasons ago when Stuart was bringing him off the bench. His old man came out in the media and had a hissy fit (heart attack worthy) and all sh*tE hit the fan. PING snr will be heading over to redfern to give Jason Taylor a few handies in the back sheds to get his boy back into the starting lineup. I mean christ, we wouldnt want PING coming off the bench, that'll jeporadise his already "bleak" chances of playing origin/test matches :lol:

Souffs has improved though. But a top 8 team? Nah. Smashing us means little when we were so bloody woeful.

As for easts, we're rooted. Slow backrowers in the centre's, Brokeback Count, Ordinary wingers, and our pack will show us up like it did the dogs over the last couple of seasons. Too big, too slow. With the new ref system, we're going to get carved up far more. The only positive out of yesterday was that Setaimata Sa still gives me wood to this day. Thankfully we locked him up long term.
Your 20/20 hindsight is amazing Mr one-post genius... :crazy:

abpanther

Staff member
So what do the Bunnies do now with Wing coming back, surely they can't start him and break up the combinations that worked so well last week?

So what do the Bunnies do now with Wing coming back, surely they can't start him and break up the combinations that worked so well last week?

There's a rumor - and I stress it's just a rumor, that they're investigating Wing's release to fit Crocker in their salary cap. Not a bad idea if true.

Nemesis

Bench
There's a rumor - and I stress it's just a rumor, that they're investigating Wing's release to fit Crocker in their salary cap. Not a bad idea if true.
We should be able to fit Crocker in without releasing Wing, as we had money to offer Maitua and Heggarty's release should have freed up heaps of cash.

Would love to see Crocker playing for us, but word is that he will be a Shark (if his o/s deal falls through).

At Easts, Crocker and Ricky didn't get on too well I thought. Maybe they kissed and made up but I don't think Cronulla's a good fit as Northies is just up the road.

F-1-11

Juniors
Souths big victories over Easts have only occured with total solar eclipses.There is one happening this year.