What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Well done, the Bunnies.

Nightward

Juniors
Although it's early days yet, it was good to see the perennial strugglers put in a performance like that. Some innovative, off-the-cuff attack, solid defence, and the continued development of Sandow were all a pleasure to watch.

Easily the match of the round- at least, so far. We can hope that tomorrow night's game will prove as exciting.

It looks as though the rule changes were on the right track. The use of two referees has sped the game up considerably, and the play-the-ball is much faster, minimising the boredom of the grapple, one-out, grapple, one-out that has been the monotonous standard of past seasons. If they put the contested scrum back in, it would be just about spot-on.

Charlie124

First Grade
I'd give the wooden spooners beating the reining premiers/world champions as the match of the round. Roosters played a lot worse than the Sea Eagles did.

Ghoulies

Bench
It looks as though the rule changes were on the right track. The use of two referees has sped the game up considerably, and the play-the-ball is much faster, minimising the boredom of the grapple, one-out, grapple, one-out that has been the monotonous standard of past seasons. If they put the contested scrum back in, it would be just about spot-on.
If it became anything like the sh*t union has, then for the love of god no.

coach

It was the best performance I have seen from Souths for a very long time.

Go the mighty Rabbitohs

Nightward

Juniors
Yeah, well. There is that.

And given the trouble some dills have in packing an uncontested scrum...

Still, I'd like to see scrums have some kind of meaning. As it is you might as well take them out of the game and replace them with a tap. The forwards break too quickly, the backs don't get anywhere, and hilarious though it is to see the feeding team loose an uncontested scrum, it doesn't really happen all that often.

Eels Dude

Coach
Pick the score.... $17,949,463

Terrific effort by the Bunnies. It's only one game into the season but everyone writing them off as wooden spooners has got to have a rethink.

Second year syndrome? It doesn't exist according to young Sandow.

S.S.T.I.D

Bench
It was good start. I'm just glad that the club kept quiet and let the players do the talking on the field. But this is a long, long season.

Azkatro

First Grade
19 years and 202 days. That is how long it has been since Souths were on top of the table at the end of a round of matches.

Shorty

Staff member
Well done to Souths, great game - I really enjoyed it the way the Bunnies played.
Sandow is rediculous.

SSFC Hitman

Juniors
One game people--- long time coming for us Souths fans, but remember Parra looked like world beaters Round 1 last year and then went pretty sh*t.

fatshark

Bench
I thought the roosters made the bunnies look a lot better than they were. Rooters cant tackle...just run at Pearce. Then again the Bunnies did have a good lead up and put on some great plays. Lets see how they are travelling in a few weeks.
Ps
R Crowe...what a knob.

super_coach

First Grade
Two things came out of tonights game that I predicted a few weeks ago

1--The chooks will finish close to the bottom, they lack real skill in the key postions, will graft a few wins out but will get blown off the park by the better sides

2--The rabbits will be the big improvers, they have youth skill in the key postions and a great pack and plenty of speed. They will finish top four or better if their no7 keeps healthy.

fatshark

Bench
The rabbits will be the big improvers, they have youth skill in the key postions and a great pack and plenty of speed. They will finish top four or better
most ridicules call of the season award?

Eels Dude

Coach
most ridicules call of the season award?

What's wrong with that comment? If you're going to criticize a post, at least explain a reason why... and while you're at it at least use correct spelling.

Personally I agree, Souths' main squad doesn't really have any obvious weaknesses. They've a solid forward pack led by Asotasi, the very underrated Luke Stuart, as well as experienced players Kidwell and Crossman and the exciting Isaac Luke. They can choose between Sandow, Sutton and Wing in the halves positions. Their backline is not flashy, but they have very solid finishers now in Best, Wesser and Merritt.

More importantly today they showed how well they can play together as a team.

Charlie124

First Grade
Two things came out of tonights game that I predicted a few weeks ago

1--The chooks will finish close to the bottom, they lack real skill in the key postions, will graft a few wins out but will get blown off the park by the better sides

2--The rabbits will be the big improvers, they have youth skill in the key postions and a great pack and plenty of speed. They will finish top four or better if their no7 keeps healthy.

Neither of those things came out of todays game. Unless the competition is over after round 1.

The chooks haven't finished close to the bottom, they dont finish for another 25 weeks.

GB!

Juniors
yes well done, thanks bunnies for keeping manly off the bottom of the ladder!

glory glory

Juniors
thank you all.
It was a lovely day out at the SFS watching the toyota cup and 1st grade. The combined score was Souths 102 Easts 26.
Have a nice season roosters.:D