What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Well done, the Bunnies.

Knightmare

Coach
It was a great Sunday afternoon, watching the games' two oldest rivals go around in the warm sunshine, a reasonably healthy and vibrant crowd out as well.

Curious as to when was the last time Souths scored over 50 in a game? I overheard some guy on the way out saying they hadn't done it since flogging Norths back in '92. This correct?

Hanscholo

Bench
I thought the roosters made the bunnies look a lot better than they were.....

Yup, I would agree there. The Roosters were getting blown of the park by any side in the comp today. They were pedestrian in the extreme. Souths played well, no doubt but the Roosters can claim that result imo.

All of the talk about sandow...What about Sutton, he was fantastic, two amazing kicks for trys and a couple of fantastic runs and passes. He is looking good for SSO 5/8 at this stage. Sandow looked dangerous, he made a few errors though.

SSFC Hitman

Juniors
Are we at the top of the table in the NYC and first grade atm? I know it's only Round 1 and there are 1 game to go in each but when the hell was the las time was Souths at the top of the table in not 1 but 2 grades haha

Eels Dude

Coach
It was a great Sunday afternoon, watching the games' two oldest rivals go around in the warm sunshine, a reasonably healthy and vibrant crowd out as well.

Curious as to when was the last time Souths scored over 50 in a game? I overheard some guy on the way out saying they hadn't done it since flogging Norths back in '92. This correct?

I'm not sure. But it's been reported it was their biggest winning margin since 1980.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Looking at todays crowd for an "away" game a succesful Bunnies will be massive for the NRL. They should move back to SFS though.

Great performance by team and fans, really enjoyed the game.

glory glory

Juniors
Looking at todays crowd for an "away" game a succesful Bunnies will be massive for the NRL. They should move back to SFS though.

Agree. There is a much better atmosphere there and I think a winning souths would draw 20,000 a game at the SFS.

Well done Souths, but lets hold off the judgements about improvement for a few weeks yet (for all teams I mean not just Souths).

Was today the first time the Roosters players had seen each other since Mad Monday last year? Sure looked that way. :lol:

Azkatro

First Grade
Last time they piled 50 points on was beating North Sydney 52-20 at North Sydney Oval in 1992. They did get close in 2005 though, scoring 49 against Parramatta. And as someone mentioned, they last won by 40 or more in 1980 when they won 59-5 against Penrith at Redfern. Between then and yesterday, their biggest wins were by 36 points, which they did twice in 1983. And the last time they put on 50 against Easts was in 1952 when they won 50-0, which remains their biggest win against them.

Last edited:

ByRd

First Grade

A succesful Bulldogs and Rabbits is what Sydney needs. Easily the 2 teams (along with Tigers if they just decided where they play) that can draw solid crowds and push that 20k average. If we are both in the 8 the whole year then i can see us both averaging around the 17-20k mark.

Azkatro

First Grade
Oh and how's this for a stat? If both Souths and Sydney make the finals this year and by chance play one another, it will be their 200th league game. But the likelihood of that happening is not great. The last time they met in a finals match was in 1938.

All of the talk about sandow...What about Sutton, he was fantastic, two amazing kicks for trys and a couple of fantastic runs and passes. He is looking good for SSO 5/8 at this stage.

I think you may be forgetting this guy named Terry Campese. He's the guy who dominated the comp for the last half of 2008, and was picked in the Ausralian squad. I'd advise you give Campese at least the chance of playing tomorrow before you make such predictions. Thank you.

Sonic Star

Juniors
LOL@Roosters

Scum of the league, got what was coming to them.

Fittler was so confident :lol: :lol:

Only Mason to return :lol:

Oh and how's this for a stat? If both Souths and Sydney make the finals this year and by chance play one another, it will be their 200th league game. But the likelihood of that happening is not great. The last time they met in a finals match was in 1938.

Interesting stat that (the 1938 one...)

ozjet1

a surprising performance from Sydney......they were absolutely shocking.

not surprising however, are the number of posters in this thread who've had a go at the word 'ridiculous', and got it wrong. :eek:

hang your heads in shame. ;-)

ozjet1

the way i see it, both clubs are due for september face-off.