What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Well-oiled Green Machine looking for passengers

aussies1st

Staff member
Raider_Azz said:
aussies1st said:
Can't see Mason coming here if he gtes his way as he will be in the other code. If our 5/8s step up definitely no point in buying Ansta. If Germ does leave we probably need to look for a hooker as i don't see many coming through our ranks.
:lol:

Who did we just sign to a four year contract? :p

Withers lol oops forgot all about him :D

Rohan

Juniors
I am all for this.

Big, fast ball playing 5/8's that have a good boot (which we have sorely been lacking) dont come around very often. Sure he has had a mixed couple of years but he was a key part of a premiership winning team which is more than can be said for any of our current stalwarts. Anasta teamed with a good passing half like Carney would give us our best halves combo since you know when.

We should be one of the only teams with a good amount of wriggle room salary cap wise and we should take this opportunity to put the broom through the team and bring in a lot of new talent. I for one am a big Woolford fan and he is a very nice guy but his performance dropped noticably in the last year and I dont think you can have the luxury of a hooker who needs to be subbed every game.

The first good move was letting Mac walk and freeing us of his bloated contract. The Raiders need to be cut throat and continue to go down this path with the underperforming stars and not let things like loyalty get in the way.

Boing Boing

Juniors
legend said:
I think he is quoted as saying he wants to play out his career in the U.K to set himself up financially.

Timbo said:
Lives and breathes Raiders? He was an inch from going to Parra a few years back...

Is he not still here? How many club stalwarts finish their careers overseas?

Would you frown upon Stuart or Clyde for finishing their careers at the Dogs? Dream on mate.

d-a-z-z-a

Juniors
It appears our half/5-8 combination is a little bit lacking.. To win the comp these days it is quite obvious u need a superstar champion or a couple of guys close. THe Raiders go into this season on the back of whos kicking game?? We can match any team with our backline, forward pack and our interchange.. but our halves are pretty much crap:) compared to others..

If the Raiders where to sign a guy like Anasta that would be a pretty special moment and i think he would bring alot to our club.

Forget Mason... waste of money:) we need halves badly... what da hell will we do if we lose Smith ( which is quite likely with someone that old) and then if another half gets a niggling injury?? we're gonskies...

The Problem with the Raiders getting players is that alot of these younger players enjkoy living in Sydney as they can go out alot.. but cmon im from Sydney and the prospect of living in Canberra aint the greatest.. im gonna eexpect some remuneration. So that makes it alot harder.

I also really doubt woolford is goign anywhere.. he's our captian.. he's been retained by Elliot and i doubt e'd maintian him if he thought he was leaving.. so we'll see..

Lets hope for a good year ay:) CARN THE RAIDERS... we're HALF a chance

Raider_69

Post Whore
forget halves, we got an abundence of half superstars waiting to shine, if one fails fine, we got 3-4 others 8)

BAY72

Juniors
I think Mason would carry too much off field baggage with him. To be blunt I dont want to cheer for someone with his history.
I totaly agree. There is no way I would cheer for him! :evil:

And I honestly believe he's not that good.

Having said that and I hate tyo say it But, O'hara has to lift his game too, cause he looked terrible against the dogs in Gosford. I know he's a forward, But any player that can't run 20 Min should re think their carreer.

thickos

First Grade
aussies1st said:
Copa said:
If Anasta comes to Canberra... I hope it is for the Raiders.

Who else would Anasta play for if he came to Canberra lol. The Brumbies? :lol:

I think he was making a point that he hopes its not just for the money, if he does come 8)

Latest posts