What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Well, that was 2020

toomuchsoup

Juniors
They were enthusiastic and tried their guts out tonight, which they hadn’t done in a while.

An intercept and some f**ky calls really changed the momentum. I really thought we were a chance for a while.

Their focus for the off season HAS to be defence

carinashark

First Grade
Yes now is the time to start on a defensive structure . It’s what the team needs now that we have a useful attack. We will go on from here.

snout

First Grade
Nobody competes in this comp without a dominant. Fast. Running half.
Like a Keary.
Cleary.
Walker/reynolds
Hughes.

We cannot go another season with chad. The lemon is totally squeezed

Weaponhead

Coach
Nobody competes in this comp without a dominant. Fast. Running half.
Like a Keary.
Cleary.
Walker/reynolds
Hughes.

We cannot go another season with chad. The lemon is totally squeezed
Exactly but he is here for years.

snout

First Grade
Exactly but he is here for years.
Yeah..wouldnt be so sure.
Bomber morris seems a guy who wants to win and is not an incumbent guy.
Come preseason l reckon the message might be all spots up for grabs.

Some of chads sideways confusion tonight was embarrassing.
He is more and more mr bean with each season.
Wouldnt surprise me if we have either seen the last of him or he doesnt finish nek year in first grade.

Wouldnt surprise me if we have either seen the last of him or he doesnt finish nek year in first grade.
One thing for certain is connor tracey isn't the answer, be happy to never see either of them play first grade for us again.

Weaponhead

Coach

Don't tease me like that....

snout

First Grade
One thing for certain is connor tracey isn't the answer, be happy to never see either of them play first grade for us again.
Yeah.
But is Tracey that bad or is playing beside a passenger like Chad impossible.
Trindall went well in a couple of games when CT was out but played like a flog when Chad came back and played 7 to Trindalls 6.

We were the 8th best team this year and the Club need to have a long hard look at how we can address a few key positions for next year if we are too improve on that.

Kennedy is not the answer at fullback.

Who is our best 5/8 ? With Johnson out for the best part of next season this makes this position definitely open.

Who is our best half back?

Is there a better goal kicker than Chad to take our kicks for goal?

Is there someone on big money that is not performing that can be moved on with us paying some freight to enable us to bring in some new blood?

If this happened we could have a crack at Burton from the Panthers to play 5/8 or a Charlie Staines to play full back.

I think we need to search for an assistant coach who can work on our defensive patterns to give Bomber some help. We’ve gone backwards in defence really fast in the past few years.

A few loved players and not so loved players on big money need to be tapped on the shoulder and told next season will be their last season with us and there will definitely be no contract extension for them. They are free to negotiate with another Club now for next year or for 2022. No dead wood extended please!!

Bomber has some headaches for next season no doubt.

He better come up with answers to some of these questions as I don’t think our board will be patient with him.

Frenzy.

Immortal
Yeah.
But is Tracey that bad or is playing beside a passenger like Chad impossible.
Trindall went well in a couple of games when CT was out but played like a flog when Chad came back and played 7 to Trindalls 6.

Oh stop it. This was their first game together as 6 & 7 HAHAHAHA

Tracey has had very isolated glimpses of brilliance in his days out. No where near enough to be excited. He barely even got involved in this one.

Could well be my new Humphrey if he hangs around.

snout

First Grade
Oh stop it. This was their first game together as 6 & 7 HAHAHAHA

Tracey has had very isolated glimpses of brilliance in his days out. No where near enough to be excited. He barely even got involved in this one.

Could well be my new Humphrey if he hangs around.
Luke kearys the best 6 in the comp.
He would look like a potato playing with chad.
He slows it to a walk. He calls runners under but gives it when he shouldnt or doesnt when he should. He stops the momentum of a quick play the ball.
He goes the wrong side when somethings on.

His cross field kicks..OMG.

His sideways jog..OMG. This is obviously NEVER practises at training as nobody - NOBODY - knows who is getting it. This is ad lib and it aint teddy tedesco type ad lib. Its Fred flintstone ad lib.

Last edited:

island pro

Juniors
I agree Tracey has some way to go, but him and SJ are our best combo next year imho.

at least he might do something... Chad has had his time and is cooked. Trindall has had a mixed bag but could still be the goods long term.

anyway, my 2 cents.

ghoti

Bench
Jesus...Tracey absolutely is not the answer, but he underperformed Townsend be a long way. I was losing my mind at those dumbass inside balls of his like anyone else on this forum, but you can't look at the last five weeks, compare them to tonight and not see that Townsend brought us into the game despite his flaws.

I don't want him in the 7, but amazing forum logic that after a season of TRACEY MUST PLAY his head's being lopped in favour of Moroko Mk 11

Chimp

Bench
Some fairly obvious requirements for next year;
- Defence has to be better. Much better commitment against the Raiders, but both structurally as a team and technically as individuals, we have to drastically improve
- We desperately need some pace and strength in the halves, someone who has the defence worried that they’re gonna run at them. The running half then becomes an extra threat that we’re currently missing, and it opens up time and space for our centres (neither of whom have had any quality ball all year)
- We desperately lack pack and impact in the forwards. Talaki has been a beast because he steams in at 100mph and dents the line. Unfortunately, either side of his drive there will have been a plodder meandering into the defence

A top drawer full back would be great too, but I actually think if we fix the above points, Kennedy can do what we need.

A lot to like about that final performance, came out on fire. A lot of pride in the jersey & really giving it to the Raiders until we lost our key d/h AND the fill-in replacement. Some tough calls, rotten luck & strong opposition. Heads never dropped once. Loved that. Should give the team some positive momentum moving ahead.

A lot of work still to do, Top 4 finish/contention still minimum 2 years/ transfer seasons away. Bomber has shown enough to deserve his chance to continue his development project.

65/100 (Credit)