What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wes Naiqama in trouble.......

bula_stormer

Juniors
Gotta feel for the bloke, he's gotta raise his younger borthers and sisters, pretty responsible bloke, not so drving without a license.

hotsnow

Juniors
Perhaps if you actually read the article, Sully, you would see that they are not fining him. They are going with education on this one.

Really stupid of Wes

wittyfan

Referee
hotsnow said:
Perhaps if you actually read the article, Sully, you would see that they are not fining him. They are going with education on this one.

Really stupid of Wes

Ahhh, education this time.

It seems after an endless string of incidents, Dousty has finally decided that fines don't really work.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Copa said:
I know someone posted earlier that Wes got into some serious trouble..... it's not good...but it isn't as bad as implied earlier.
Exactly. A thread was deleted earlier because it without a source. Plus it sounded much worse then than the real story, it left it open to all sorts of speculation.

Thanks Copa for a posting the Couriermail link. But for the record, the story was already posted on League Unlimited before you started this thread. :)

Morenito

Juniors
All i saw was a channel 7 bulletin say trouble for the dragons as Wes was arrested last night in Kings cross. i Posted it but fair enough it was deleted.

Just for the record, Courier mail had the story before leagueunlimited :)

God-King Dean

Immortal
Can't comment on his driving ability, but just plain lazy of Wes not getting a licence

Can't see any harm at all in the club giving him councelling lesson

Morenito

Juniors
Willow said:
Before copa started this thread. Read what I said smart alec. :)

:lol: Threw the worlds smallest bit of bait and it got stuck

On wes, i feel for the bloke. He seems like a good guy working at the leagues club between training and stuff. Good to see a player take the extra responsibilty as he has kids to take care of.

Just an unfortunate incident.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Well in that case my smart alec joke wooshed over the top. :lol:

But back to the topic, its not what I would class as an unfortunate incident. No one forced him to drive unlicensed. He made a mistake but its a dumb mistake.

Hopefully he'll be wiser for it. He's young and therefore prone to mistakes. But by all reports, Wes is a decent bloke off the field and top player on the field.

drake

First Grade
Pfft, half the young blokes I know don't stop when they lose their licence. Doesn't make it okay, but it seems to be the norm for young 'uns today.

Sounds like Wes never got his, if he was disqualified 3 years ago for not having one.

Idiot.

Thank god he wasn't drinking. If he was I'd be worried about losing him to the Bulldogs.

gunnamatta bay

Referee
Morenito said:
Its not his fault. He doesnt know the rules of australian roads

Ignorance of the law is no excuse. Ask any Magistrate. Besides it would appear he has been charged before so how could he not know?

Anyone who drives without a licence is risking being wiped by any insurance company the owner of the vehicle may have a policy with. Wez needs to be informed of the dire consequences if he was, for example, to have a collision with another vehicle or worse still a pedestrian.

Clubs need to identify young blokes who have problems like Wez's. Were they aware he had transport problems? Did they bother to find out? These blokes are expected to be at training venues on time. In the case of St George/Illawarra they train all over the place including the gong and Cronulla. You wouldn't be relying on the trains would you?