What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

West Coast Pirates Bid News

ALX25

Bench
WA Juniors named in Junior Rep Summer Squads as of the 14/10/22

Burleigh Bears U16
Gabriel Salele'a & Reuben Dickson

Tweed Seagulls U16
Jahkayis Mabbett

Burleigh Bears U18
Julius Anderson-Hiroti & Waaka Hepi

Ipswich Jets U18
Jarom Chapman

Canberra Raiders U19
Bailey Millar, Jack Clutterbuck, Mathias Tomuli Ah-Kuoi & Ryan Woolley

Also Ben Wells-Talamaivao, Ethan Ransfield & Jose Leef named as triallists for the Warriors pathways.

*Apologies if I've missed anyone

Last edited:

Dragonwest

Juniors
WA Juniors named in Junior Rep Summer Squads as of the 14/10/22

Burleigh Bears U16
Gabriel Salele'a & Reuben Dickson

Tweed Seagulls U16
Jahkayis Mabbett

Burleigh Bears U18
Julius Anderson-Hiroti & Waaka Hepi

Ipswich Jets U18
Jarom Chapman

Canberra Raiders U19
Bailey Millar, Jack Clutterbuck, Mathias Tomuli Ah-Kuoi & Ryan Woolley

Also Ben Wells-Talamaivao, Ethan Ransfield & Jose Leef named as triallists for the Warriors pathways.

*Apologies if I've missed anyone
Jayden Evans from NB 17s has just been picked up for Redcliffe

The Ryan Woolley deal is a 3 year contract with Canberra.

İzmir Zaferi

Juniors
The West Coast Pirates should directly engage both Gina Rheinhart and Woodside in investment and partnership for the teams.

Gina Rheinhart would be a great approach if you are selling the Women's game as well.

Use the over sensitivity to these businesses at present in other sports to move ours forward.

Frankly, to blow the North Sydney bid out of the Water I would organise a "Joint bid" with PNG. Give them a board member, 2 initial games with a view to purchasing two additional off clubs that won't want a home game with the Pirates.

Make PİRATES the main word with West Coast under but have Papua New Guinea in a prominent place.

The colours match. İndustry matches.

An İMMEDİATE ten million casual supporter base from PNG. Use PNG hunters as the QLD Cup feeder and establish a NSW Cup link.

With improving systems in both WA and PNG you could have a great junior feeder system.

Perth Red

Post Whore
The West Coast Pirates should directly engage both Gina Rheinhart and Woodside in investment and partnership for the teams.

Gina Rheinhart would be a great approach if you are selling the Women's game as well.

Use the over sensitivity to these businesses at present in other sports to move ours forward.

Frankly, to blow the North Sydney bid out of the Water I would organise a "Joint bid" with PNG. Give them a board member, 2 initial games with a view to purchasing two additional off clubs that won't want a home game with the Pirates.

Make PİRATES the main word with West Coast under but have Papua New Guinea in a prominent place.

The colours match. İndustry matches.

An İMMEDİATE ten million casual supporter base from PNG. Use PNG hunters as the QLD Cup feeder and establish a NSW Cup link.

With improving systems in both WA and PNG you could have a great junior feeder system.
Great minds think alike! Need a mining company with png and wa interests to back it and pirates academies throughout png to develop and identity best jnrs to then bring to perth on education scholarships and shot at the big time.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Great minds think alike! Need a mining company with png and wa interests to back it and pirates academies throughout png to develop and identity best jnrs to then bring to perth on education scholarships and shot at the big time.
Love it! That way Perth can continue to not develop any home grown players and takes away any chance PNG, however fanciful it is, has of having a team themselves.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Love it! That way Perth can continue to not develop any home grown players and takes away any chance PNG, however fanciful it is, has of having a team themselves.
I guess you’re equally scathing of dolphins linking up with png then?
PNG aint getting a team, if anything a proper link up like this could help them acheive that long term if conditions changed, nrl is doing a terrible job at developing nrl talent out of png, WA need supplementary pathways being an afl state that’s been terribly neglected by the arlc for two decades, sounds a good solution to me.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
I guess you’re equally scathing of dolphins linking up with png then?
PNG aint getting a team, if anything a proper link up like this could help them acheive that long term if conditions changed, nrl is doing a terrible job at developing nrl talent out of png, WA need supplementary pathways being an afl state that’s been terribly neglected by the arlc for two decades, sounds a good solution to me.
All you want is a team in Perth for your own selfish reasons. Because it's not happening you blame everyone and whinge about everything except your beloved AFL.

I think I just described your entire career on this site.

Perth Red

Post Whore
All you want is a team in Perth for your own selfish reasons. Because it's not happening you blame everyone and whinge about everything except your beloved AFL.

I think I just described your entire career on this site.
Funny how as soon as people struggle in the argument they just become personal. Shame it seems the art of debate is dead.

MugaB

Coach
Funny how as soon as people struggle in the argument they just become personal. Shame it seems the art of debate is dead.
You can always troll... it works for me..
But i also selfishly want the Reds back.. and the Rams.. just feel its a better feel good story, if they returned as they were, and the NRL admitted that the idots running the game back then didn't cut them off.. same as the bears, but Sydney being heavily populated with clubs, something had to give, there definitely could have been way better mergers than there was tho

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
I've got no problem with a Perth side, just don't spend your life tearing everything else down because it hasn't happened.

Colk

First Grade
To be fair, no side, Dolphins currently or any other proposed side should have total unfettered access to a whole country’s talent.

If you really wanted to increase the player pool from the PNG or other Pacific countries, just have clubs leave a number of spots open in their squad for players directly from the Pacific Islands.

Perth Red

Post Whore
To be fair, no side, Dolphins currently or any other proposed side should have total unfettered access to a whole country’s talent.

If you really wanted to increase the player pool from the PNG or other Pacific countries, just have clubs leave a number of spots open in their squad for players directly from the Pacific Islands.
In an ideal world where the nrl invested in it yes, but they don’t so the only way may be for club or 2 investing in it, and it would make sense that clubs that dont have the advantages of large participation numbers in their area are the ones that link up there, be it Fiji, other parts of nz, other PI’s etc etc.