What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

West Indies tour of New Zealand 2020/21 (3 T20's, 2 Tests)

JJ

Immortal
Windies 107/5 Blackwood 67*, Jamieson 3-25, Southee the other 2

NZ 460

Bazal

Post Whore
Always slightly leery of Hawkeye. That ball clearly straightened off the deck but Hawkeye had it continuing with the angle?

Still think the umpire got it right but it didn't track it properly to my eye anyway

Bazal

Post Whore
The Windies are a truly horrible and gutless cricket team.

In all fairness it's gotta be so hard for some of these guys who are basically very good grade cricketers. Playing well above their level, with an incompetent (at best) board and knowing all their actual gun team mates except one or two would rather playing the f**ken Sri Lankan Budget IPL than play with them...

hineyrulz

Post Whore
In all fairness it's gotta be so hard for some of these guys who are basically very good grade cricketers. Playing well above their level, with an incompetent (at best) board and knowing all their actual gun team mates except one or two would rather playing the f**ken Sri Lankan Budget IPL than play with them...
True, but it's just sad what a rabble they have become. They just show no fight at all once pressure is applied.

Last edited:

Bazal

Post Whore
True, but it's just sad what a rabble they have become. They just no fight at all once pressure is applied.

I sometimes think Holder may as well bat 4. He's a fighter and he's no worse with the stick than the guys who bat four anyway.

They need someone to show leadership and I rate Holder. It wouldn't make them a gun side, but it might give them a bit more grit.

I sometimes think Holder may as well bat 4. He's a fighter and he's no worse with the stick than the guys who bat four anyway.

They need someone to show leadership and I rate Holder. It wouldn't make them a gun side, but it might give them a bit more grit.

Similar to thoughts I had a while ago but as a front line bowler - he needs all the rest he can between stints in the field. But sadly his batsman aren’t giving him a decent rest opportunity, like when Australia’s batting regularly capitulated in recent seasons, our bowlers weren’t getting a decent break and seemingly always on the field..and so when they came back to bowl in the 2nd innings they were buggered pretty early on

JJ

Immortal
I don’t follow then closely enough, guess there are systemic problems

but the likes of Hope, Pooran etc have legit talent, might as well lose with them as with journeymen imo

JJ

Immortal
Hometown bullies, to everyone but Straya - they bully us wherever we play lol

JohnDoe

Juniors
Think Rachin Ravindra might get selected for the test series against Pakistan to bat at 7, instead of Daryll Mitchell. Played in the four day match against Windies A and scored 144* batting at 6 and bowled NZ A to victory on the last day today got figures of 6 for 89 bowling left arm orthodox. Definitely think he is a better prosepct than Daryll Mitchell for sure.

Looking at the First T20 game against Pakistan at Eden Park think the team will be

Guptill
Seifert
Conway
Phillips
Chapman
Neesham
Santner
Bracewell
Kuggeleijn
Duffy
Tickner

Not overly a fan of Seifert, so if Phillips outshines him again, would prefer him to open and get the gloves with Seifert being dropped for the Bangladesh series.