What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Western Mustangs ....so far so good ...

Broncos93

Juniors
Bodes well going forward to get them back in Q Cup. Spoke to the TRL Chairman Brian Gilroy a little while ago and he said they were hoping the restructuring of the NRLs finance model and abolishment of NYC would see them granted some funds for a cup team. Worth noting though that he was not at all optimistic about it happening any time soon.

The Partisan

Bodes well going forward to get them back in Q Cup. Spoke to the TRL Chairman Brian Gilroy a little while ago and he said they were hoping the restructuring of the NRLs finance model and abolishment of NYC would see them granted some funds for a cup team. Worth noting though that he was not at all optimistic about it happening any time soon.

As much as I would love to see a competitive team come out of this district I think its location will always be an issue. Young footballers looking to further their career just don't want to live their full-time and the locals don't want a team of 'FIFO' footballers who only see the main street of town as their bus / taxi takes them to the ground. Players who play for the Coast teams live on or near the coast. Ditto CQ / NQ. If a player was signed by the Q Cup playing Mustangs...who I believe would still have a link with the Titans ....the player should be expected to live in the district or within an hour's drive.............not down at Mermaid Beach.

Latest posts