What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wests 1999 V Newcastle 2005....Who is worse?

balmainbenny

Juniors
The Western Surburbs Magpies 1999 side were the worst club side I've ever viewed in my time of watching league. They set records for medicority which many thought would never be broken.
But, they might have a contender in 2005. I'd be interested to see a ladder comparison between them and the 2005 Knights to see which team was in worse shape after 10 rounds. We could be in for a bit of a shock, as Im sure that even that pathetic wests side would have jagged a win by the end of round 10. How many wins did Wests get in 1999? I think they won two games, but I could be wrong.
If anybody culd stick a ladder comparison, that would be great.

gregstar

Referee
wests had won one game by round 10 in '99
they beat souths 20 - 18 in round 7
plus they had had two byes!

gregstar

Referee
nospam49™ said:
Keep in mind how bad Souths were that yeah....
'99 was the last time that souths were anything like competitive.
they were still in finals contention up untill round 22.
after the first ten rounds, they were 5w & 5L.
they were in the top 8 as late as round 20

innsaneink

Referee
balmainbenny said:
The Western Surburbs Magpies 1999 side were the worst club side I've ever viewed in my time of watching league. They set records for medicority which many thought would never be broken.
But, they might have a contender in 2005. I'd be interested to see a ladder comparison between them and the 2005 Knights to see which team was in worse shape after 10 rounds. We could be in for a bit of a shock, as Im sure that even that pathetic wests side would have jagged a win by the end of round 10. How many wins did Wests get in 1999? I think they won two games, but I could be wrong.
If anybody culd stick a ladder comparison, that would be great.

1999?

Hmmm yeh the year we won only 3 games, one being Balmain 18-12.

bluesbreaker

Bench
Injuries are playing a big part of this terrible run for Newcastle. There's not a team in the NRL with half of the injuries Newcastle seemingly have had week in, week out for the last 3 years. When they're on the park they've got a decent team imo.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Souths werent too bad in 1999.

Wests conceded about 944 points that year. The only games they won was when they beat Souths 20-18 , Balmain 18-12 and Penrith 7-6.

I remember they were smashed by Brisbane 50-0, Canberra 64-14, Parramatta 68-10, Auckland 60-18, Melbourne 64-6, Penrith 60-6 (the first meeting).

Newcastle just hasnt won a game yet. The last time a side went winless was 40 years ago, Easts.

Gene Krupa

Referee
white pointer! said:
There is a contest newcastle can win this year. Worst team ever.

As opposed to your team being the perenial premiership chokers?

This is a rediculous thread! Just like Sharks supporters trying to put down ANY team that has won a first grade title!

morri (cWo)

First Grade
Don't think you can compare the teams. Newcastle 05 have a great team but they just dont seem to play together.

Gene Krupa

Referee
Sharky Mullens said:
Don't think you can compare the teams. Newcastle 05 have a great team but they just dont seem to play together.

Most of our top 25 are injured!

How can they play together? FFS! :rolleyes:

Raider_69

Post Whore
i went newcaslte because as a side i think they are worse
they have 3-4 timesmore talent, i think wests 1999 played within its abilities. Newcastle 05 havnt.

White Poiner

Coach
Gene Krupa said:
As opposed to your team being the perenial premiership chokers?

This is a rediculous thread! Just like Sharks supporters trying to put down ANY team that has won a first grade title!

Mate you cant f**kin say sh*t when did the west tigers last win a premiership.
BTW are u saying the knights team this year is actually good?

Latest posts