What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wests 1999 V Newcastle 2005....Who is worse?

BWNB

First Grade
Stranger said:
cronulla_sharks_fan123

nice photocopy of the trophy you have in ur sig :lol:

it is nice isnt it
we are one of the favs to bring it to wooloware , we just cant get in front of ourselves

wittyfan

Referee
Daize said:
Incorrect. The joint venture have been given the rights to take the statistical information of both clubs into account when they are considered. Which means that they are St George and Illawarra not a new seperate club.

Then why does the Official Yearbook of the NRL not count anything before 1999????

Stranger

Coach
cronulla_sharks_fan123 said:
it is nice isnt it
we are one of the favs to bring it to wooloware , we just cant get in front of ourselves

I do note the only time you will see that trophie in ur dust cabinet will be with a photocopy... strange it will look similar to the one in your sig

Gene Krupa

Referee
Stranger said:
I do note the only time you will see that trophie in ur dust cabinet will be with a photocopy... strange it will look similar to the one in your sig

Funny 'cause it's true! :lol: :lol: :lol:

BWNB

First Grade
dont we have something in our cabinet?
world club challange ?
or something?

Stranger

Coach
world club challange ?
or something?

Cause that competes With the Nrl premiership trophy dosent it? :lol:

*Paul*

Juniors
world club challange ?
or something?

1979 midweek comp. Funny stuff that comp, QLD Country beat Newtown, Norths and Parramatta. I sure hope it was becasue the Sydney clubs weren't taking it seriously.

Pistol

Coach
Dont forget about the Gold Coast. Pretty much throughout the 90's they personified mediocrity. There was a season there where they only won the single game. They only made the finals during the Super League year.

wittyfan

Referee
Gene Krupa said:
Ummmmm. We've won two Einstein!

1.5 to be more chillingly accurate.

I also forgot to add earlier that Wests in 1999 didn't waste a significant part of their salary cap on an injury prone player past 30.

wittyfan

Referee
Pistol said:
Dont forget about the Gold Coast. Pretty much throughout the 90's they personified mediocrity. There was a season there where they only won the single game. They only made the finals during the Super League year.

Perhaps the Gold Coast of 1993 are a much fairer yardstick to compare Newcastle 2005 to?

wittyfan

Referee
*Paul* said:
1979 midweek comp. Funny stuff that comp, QLD Country beat Newtown, Norths and Parramatta. I sure hope it was becasue the Sydney clubs weren't taking it seriously.

It was Combined Brisbane.

Gene Krupa

Referee
sullyfan said:
1.5 to be more chillingly accurate.

I also forgot to add earlier that Wests in 1999 didn't waste a significant part of their salary cap on an injury prone player past 30.

You couldn't even win the other 0.5 premiership that year! :lol:

Choked then too! :lol:

wittyfan

Referee
Gene Krupa said:
You couldn't even win the other 0.5 premiership that year! :lol:

Choked then too! :lol:

Your mob would have been smashed by Brisbane too. How did Manly lose that game?????

wittyfan

Referee
Gene Krupa said:
Your team compares to Annandale and University! :lol:

I think University are much more closer to Newcastle. They went through long periods without looking like winning games.

Latest posts