What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wests 1999 V Newcastle 2005....Who is worse?

Alex28

Coach
i hardly think us Knights supporters are in the position to bag any other NRL team at the moment...

the thing about the Knights this year is that I dont know if anyone in our top 25 players this year has been available for every game this season (maybe Brad Tighe, but they insist on playing him out of position, if in first grade at all, and maybe Mark Hughes, but he is better off in First Division). It isn't just a matter of not having Johns in the squad and thats why we are getting beaten week after week.

and every week we get injuries in key positions and are forced to shuffle the team around to the extent that Steve Simpson is playing in the Centres. i would suggest that the Knights would have gone close to winning yesterday if Mullen didn't go off injured yesterday. plenty of if's and but's but still no wins...

but we dont suck as much as the 99 magpies - they were woeful...

Phillips

Referee
funny when you think about it :-k

after 2001 the Eels went down hill and everyone bagged them & the coach

now its Newcastle's turn :lol: :lol: :lol:

BWNB

First Grade
Gene Krupa said:
Nah mate.

My team has actually lifted the trophy twice.

You say you feel sorry for us? Thanks.

I think your team is a bunch of chokers personally and don't feel sorry for you at all. :lol:

we havnt chocked once this year have we?
but you have to the warriors
so whats this all about?

Mr Saab

Referee
Daize said:
Incorrect. The joint venture have been given the rights to take the statistical information of both clubs into account when they are considered. Which means that they are St George and Illawarra not a new seperate club.

thats crazy.
So IF (1000000-1) the cowboys and broncos merge 2007 and win the comp, they will have a permiership next to their names? Load of crap.
STG Illa are a NEW club. STg are dead, illawawrra are dead....
How will it look in the future when it says illawarra = 1 premiership 2006? It will look stupid as they have not played since 1998.

The '99 Magpies actually won a few games and they didn't have anyone like Buderus, Johns or Simpson in their side. I didn't think any team could be as bad as that.

But, I can't see where Newcastle's first win is going to come from, they are abysmal at the moment.

Mr Saab

Referee
they won 3 games antichrist..
They also set league records for most points conceded in a season, as well as many other poor records

weasel

First Grade
Even if the Knights lose every game this season I still won't consider them a worse side than Wests '99. They conceded 40 points a game, had sixty points put on them a record number of times (either five or six, can't recall exactly) and were playing in a competition littered with mediocre sides, in the form of Souths, Balmain, the Cowboys, the Warriors. Presently, the Rabbitohs and the Knights are probably the only teams as weak as any of those squads.

wittyfan

Referee
Gene Krupa said:
More like your team!

Spent time in 1st grade and never won a premiership.

You can't win Chokefan! We actually have the silverware, you only have excuses! :lol:

At least our future doesn't look bleak!

Get a leagues club for starters.

Charlie Saab said:
they won 3 games antichrist..
They also set league records for most points conceded in a season, as well as many other poor records

Yeah, I know.

I was at every home game.

There's no argument that they were awful and the worst so far of this era, but you can only play against the teams put in front of you and they actually won 3 games.

There have been sides that didn't win a match all season. If we're talking about the worst ever, sides that didn't win a game at all would probably swap their record for the Wests '99 record.

They aren't the worst side ever.

Mr Saab

Referee
in the modern era they come very close.
In 1993 the seagulls won one game vs the knights...but the magpies in 1999 were just abysmal. Photo finish

weasel said:
Even if the Knights lose every game this season I still won't consider them a worse side than Wests '99. They conceded 40 points a game, had sixty points put on them a record number of times (either five or six, can't recall exactly) and were playing in a competition littered with mediocre sides, in the form of Souths, Balmain, the Cowboys, the Warriors. Presently, the Rabbitohs and the Knights are probably the only teams as weak as any of those squads.

Ask the Knights if they'd prefer to concede 39 on average per game and win 3, or concede 34 and win none.

Jobdog

Live Update Team

Yeah ok then sullyfan, no worries. We will just walk down the road, grab a leagues club and relocate it somewhere near EAS. No problem at all. U are kidding, thats a terrible reply :roll:

Just remember, even tho we are stone motherless last, how long since the Sharks won a comp ???? 38 years I think rings a bell. :lol:

Bib

Juniors
Jezz this has got nice and petty. Give up sharks fans you havent won a comp yet so you better shut up!

The Gold Coast sides of the early 90's have to be the worst ever
Newcastle has talent and class, and when they get their whole side on the park they will win games

Gene Krupa

Referee
sullyfan said:
At least our future doesn't look bleak!

Doesn't look bleak??? 38 years without EVER winning a premiership is certainly very rosey, isn't it? :rolleyes:

We've won 2 trophies without a leagues club. You've had one for years and never won a thing of significance.

I rest my case your honour!

Latest posts