What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wests 1999 V Newcastle 2005....Who is worse?

Jobdog

Live Update Team
Charlie Saab said:
google is your friend.
AMCO was a midweek comp..then it was the panasonic cup
Exactly :lol: the AMCO Cup was a midweek comp, which in my opinion doesn't count to being a fair trophy :lol: So it still looks like 38 years and won SH!T all :lol:

Mr Saab

Referee
i know what you are saying JobDog and i agree with you..i was just being a smartass by saying the sharks have won "something".
I dont want the sharks to win this yr. If the Broncos dont win it then i would like the cowboys or eels to win it. Def not the sharks, dragons, eagles, roosters, or dogs.

Jobdog

Live Update Team
:lol: Ahhh, I get it now. And the Sharks won't win the comp this year, cos they will choke again :lol: Before any sharks fans start saying "neither will the Knights so what r u talking about" .................. I KNOW, which is why its so funny the Sharks fans are talking their team up as genuine contenders!!!!!

Just quietly tho, by gee 38 years is a long time to be kept waiting isnt it :lol:

wittyfan

Referee
Jobdog said:
Yeah ok then sullyfan, no worries. We will just walk down the road, grab a leagues club and relocate it somewhere near EAS. No problem at all. U are kidding, thats a terrible reply :roll:

Well, it's been 17 years already.

Jobdog

Live Update Team
17 is nearly as long as 38 :lol: but as has been said on here, at least we have won 2 competitions even without the backing of a legues club.

Jobdog

Live Update Team
1.5 competitions
Sullyfan, u can only beat whoever is put in front of u. The same applies to Grand Finals. But then again in the Sharks case, they CAN'T even win the GRAND FINAL, well not for the last 38 years anyway. :lol: When u win 2 competitions in 9 years, then get back to me and tell me what a good feeling it is. However I wouldn't be holding my breath :lol:

Matt23

Staff member
Dont say you would'nt have counted 1997 .5, if your lot had by some miracle beaten the broncos in the superleague grand final

wittyfan

Referee
Jobdog said:
Sullyfan, u can only beat whoever is put in front of u. The same applies to Grand Finals. But then again in the Sharks case, they CAN'T even win the GRAND FINAL, well not for the last 38 years anyway. :lol: When u win 2 competitions in 9 years, then get back to me and tell me what a good feeling it is. However I wouldn't be holding my breath :lol:

Newcastle won a competition that had half the teams going around in it. Brisbane won the other half.

0.5 + 0.5 = 1 (1997)

Jobdog

Live Update Team
Dont say you would'nt have counted 1997 .5, if your lot had by some miracle beaten the broncos is the superleague grand final
:lol: well said Matt, they sure would have counted it as 1 so therefore it is an official competition win.

Gene Krupa

Referee
sullyfan said:
Newcastle won a competition that had half the teams going around in it. Brisbane won the other half.

0.5 + 0.5 = 1 (1997)

Two seperate comps.

Two whole premierships!

D!ckhead!

*Paul*

Juniors
sullyfan said:
It was Combined Brisbane.

What was? QLD Country were Brisbane?

Brisbane actually beat St George, Manly and Easts, further indication that it was a rather half-hearted competition.

Latest posts