What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wests 1999 V Newcastle 2005....Who is worse?

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Add to that they ended up second on the regular season in both 86 and 87.

Made the finals in 84.

Gene Krupa

Referee
sullyfan said:
Wests actually won games in 1999. That's the big difference here.

Do Newcastle play Souths again? If not, 0-24 is very likely at this point.

CHOKE! CHOKE!

Almost 40 years without a premiership!

CHOKE! CHOKE!

Oh so your teams NEVER have bad spells do they? they NEVER hit a rough spot? God if teams were ALWAYS consistently playing good why have a competition. So because Newcastle Won the comp in '97 followed by another win in '01 they are expected to be up there year in year out. I hate to tell you all but these guys are only humans they can only take so much. There will always be the team that has a rotton year, the team that starts badly but get better, the teams that start at the top of their game and slide down, and the teams who start in an average way who may go either way. Thats the point of a competition. That's what makes it soooo challenging for all the clubs, teams and players a like. And I know that when your team is going crap its well they dont have their players, or this or that. So dont put the sh*t on Newcastle.

canberra_raiders2k2

First Grade
lol i was at the Canberra vs West game (64-14) 10mins in some drunk guy comes up to me and says "raiders cant win a game to save there lives"..then procceeds to yell "mullins ur mum is a...."

The 99 West team is worse..Newcastle look alright in patches.

The Engineers Room

First Grade
Wests were the worst side I have ever seen. +50 point losses on multiple occasions. I am surprised that Balmain merged with them as they could have just waited and let wests die out.

BWNB

First Grade
Gene Krupa said:
CHOKE! CHOKE!

Almost 40 years without a premiership!

CHOKE! CHOKE!

common mate please come back here when you win a match , i cant see you winning one .

its almost been like 10 months , do you remeber what it feels like to win a match?

yappy

Bench
parra_panther said:
I was at that game. My God that was f***ing frustrating!

I loved it. Only time I've ever come out of Parra stadium with a win I think. :cry:

It's too hard to compare. Yes in 99 Wests were the definition of awful, but compare our line up then to even the sadly depleted Knights line up today. No contest. But conversely there were more dud teams to beat then too.

You can't really compare the season averages because the vast majority of our big thrashing came after the announcement of the JV and most of the players were told they were on the scrapheap. If Newies run continues they might start leaking some BIG scorelines at the back end of the season too, (although I Joey is fit I doubt it).

All in all it sucks to suck as Wests 99 and Knights 05 fans can attest. Heads up Knights. At least for you there's always next year.

Hindyscrack

Bench
how can you even conmpare the two? The knights should have chalked up a few wins this year. They have at least been competitive in most of the games they have played, and not on the end of 50 point thrashings week after week like the 99 Wests teams.

Wests 99 would get rolled by 05 Knights by 50 points

I also want to say congrats to the knights fans who still turn up to watch their team, unlike the 6500 Souths fans on Saturday night. Souths, the joke of the league.

Jae

Juniors
I've had a long time hate for Newcastle but I don't really get any pleasure out of them losing so much, so badly. In the one game I saw (against Souths) everytime Johns made a break no one was there at all, he kind of stood there looking to offload while the rest of them were trying to find a water bottle. There are some positives from all the injuries I guess, that winger with the weird name looks alright (not Tighe, god he's useless) and throughout the year even if they don't win another game they'll get the chance to bring alot of reserve graders through and see how they go, if they're lucky they'll find a diamond in the (very) rough.

Anyways, that all being said... without having the Bye, the NRL ladder would look like this (10 games -1 for the bye)

Code:
No	Club		P W	D	L B	P/D	PTS
14	Rabbitohs	9 2	0	7 0	-125	4
15	Bye		9 0	0	9 0	0	0
16    Knights		9 0	0	9 0	-180	0

white pointer! said:
Mate you cant f**kin say sh*t when did the west tigers last win a premiership.
BTW are u saying the knights team this year is actually good?

You cant really argue with our fullstrength line up including Joey, Bedsy, Abraham, Simpson, Matt Gidley, Kurt Gidley and Craig Smith.

All rep players plus a plethora of talented others.

mightybears

Bench
wests in 99 was a remarkably untalented team, only stand out from memory was hodgson
newcastle in 05 have a lot of injuries, a full strength team is a lot stronger on paper
that said, the knights will have to find 3 actual wins to 'beat' wests 99
in their current form!, from where?

mightybears

Bench
Daize said:
Wests were the worst side I have ever seen. +50 point losses on multiple occasions. I am surprised that Balmain merged with them as they could have just waited and let wests die out.

they needed the wests leagues [a licence to print in comparison to tiger leagues/reason why "bret' exists] and wanted the sw sydney region

and as yappy has said, a majority of the wests team weren't 'making it' for the jv

Mr Saab

Referee
gregstar said:
for your information d*ck, if saints win this year it will be recognised as their 16th title
cram it gaylord!

that is incorrect.
IF the dragons win it will be title ONE...not 16. and thats a FACT.
Remember, you are STG ILLA...not STG.

sunny

It sort of makes the preseason disgrace at Bathurst look even worse doesn't it- not only were some of these guys louts and yobs, but they're truly awful footballers to boot.